My hair piece arrived. Problem solved. (shampoo)

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I don't know what "venting" the hairpiece is... but it's seamless to me.

Of course, we're lacking in macro pic shots... So, seeing the teensy details isn't possible.

It frames the face well... the temples are a bit forward for my taste.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
MichiganBaldy said:
[quote="s.a.f":3oga9jhr]Is'nt that obvious? I cant think of anything that society views as more pathetic. I've had hair transplant's but at least thats still my own growing hair, and thats definatley bad enough I've never told anyone about them.

Yeah, its pretty bad what I do, wearing this here wig.

Because, you know, I wear a rug, so I'm supposed be getting shunned, picked on, gossiped about, alienated, publicly mocked, bullied, made fun of, and have no friends.

But none of that happens to me, I get laid when I want, make good money, people respect me and look up to me, I go to parties and bars to have a good time, I enjoy being very healthy and active, and I always have some new project to explore and discover.

I`m basically stealing a good life. And theres nothing you can do about that.
CCS said:
If you tell everyone, they will compliment you, even if they think it looks ugly. Most will just say, "it looks good", some will give more details. Most will not care enough to say it again. Maybe 10% will gossip about you, but no one will say it to your face. Once the gossip goes around, most people will not care, but a few haters, maybe 20% of the pop, will gossip more, or not believe the source if you did a good job. The gossip lasts longest if they can tell.

Most adults do not care. Only immature people gossip. Really. Unless my matty piece fooled everyone last night. Most people just have other stuff going on in their life. You'd have to go hit on a woman before she said something. If a woman liked you, she'd not say anything. If she did not like you, she'd reject you. If you kept asking her for a reason, she might then bring up the piece. Just be respectful of most people, and have the common sense to know when to ignore people and when to smile at them, and most people will not say anything. It takes a ballzy, total jerk to confront a total stranger who is minding his own business. Even if he tells others, they will not believe him if you look good.

Look I'm not trying to offend anyone here but you must face the facts. Wigs/hairpieces/toupees whatever you want to call it are seen as pathetic by society in general. Whenever the word wig is mentioned (on tv etc) its always seen as a joke. And however realistic and good looking they may be wigs/pieces are seen as an ancient solution, they bring to mind the stereotypical pathetic old man attempting to cover up his physical inadequaces.
Men are not supposed to that concerned about their hairloss to the extent that they'll resort to glueing a fake object to their head to trick everyone into thinking they have great hair. Both men and women alike see it as weak.
So are hair transplant's but to a lesser extent (just because its still your own real, growing hair and I dont think people realise how intrusive the surgery really is) that is why I would never openly admit to having one, and would never argue that they are seen as something positive by others because the fact is they are not. I'll admit that my surgery was done out of sheer desperation, lack of self confidence and vanity.

CCS I dont think you realise just how off your thinking is, your obbsesive preening (shaving bodyhair, homemade potions for your face, dyeing eyebrows ...ect) I'm sure this is probably doing more harm than good in your quest to get laid. How do you know what people really are saying about you behind your back?
To think that people will be positive about it because it looks like better hair than your real hair is crazy. Especially in a college enviroment.

MB I dont know about your circumstances, who/what type of people you work with but for me as a man in my early 30's working in a production type industry amongst 100+ others mostly males in their 20's and 30's if I were to show up wearing a piece or if it was discovered that I was wearing one already I would be ridiculed non stop, (I would be the "rug guy") even if I then ditched it the ridicule would last for years to come as long as someone there still remembered.
Now bearing in mind that a piece wearer can easily walk around without being detected by strangers/ the general public the fact is it only takes one person close to you to have a slip of the tongue (accidentaly or on purpose) and the secret is out to the whole neighbourhood, co-workers, casual aquantances ect.
And people love to gossip, men and women of all ages.
This is the main reason so few men are prepared to wear, most dont see the risk being worth it they have to much to lose socially/emotionally because of how it will be percieved by their peers.

We're all in the same boat here but what % of balding men resort to wearing? 1% 2,3,4? Hey I'd be embarrased enough if anyone found out I used finasteride.[/quote:3oga9jhr]

You work in manufacturing? Wow I work in manufacturing too, with 50ish co-workers mostly male and some women mixed in for extra drama. Our age is close to being the same although I am a couple years your senior.

I guess I must be breaking some sort of law then, since I`m getting what I want out of life, all the while with a dead rat glued to my head.

Because, you know, on TV they joke about hairpieces. And you should never go against what they say on TV, or what the general public and co-workers say about stuff either.

And when people are gossiping at work or talking on TV, man, thats how things are in the world and you just dont go against that because our co-workers and people on TV know everything.

This wearing a hairpiece and getting what I want from life is going to catch up to me someday.

Osmosis

Reaction score
I can't disagree more that 'women see wearing a hair system as a sign of weakness' That is so not true...

Yes I accept is has to look good just like a well kept man...Hey they like those too...See!!! That's the main thing, looking after yourself even with your hair is a good sign for any women...

I would hate to go through life being 'kept' back due to worrying what other people say....Believe me people are caught up in their own Sh-t to be worried about you....

Jeepers, is this a forum for MEN or women LOL :tongue:

s.a.f

Reaction score
MichiganBaldy said:
I guess I must be breaking some sort of law then, since Im getting what I want out of life, all the while with a dead rat glued to my head.
Because, you know, on TV they joke about hairpieces. And you should never go against what they say on TV, or what the general public and co-workers say about stuff either.
And when people are gossiping at work or talking on TV, man, thats how things are in the world and you just dont go against that because our co-workers and people on TV know everything.
This wearing a hairpiece and getting what I want from life is going to catch up to me someday.

I guess alot comes down to how you carry yourself, confidence how 'thick skinned' you are ect.
But look at CCS is there anyone on this forum who is more concerned about how others see/percieve him? Does he seem like a guy who has much respect from those around him?
And wether you like it or not the media and society's views are connected/influenced and do count. It takes a unique type of person to be able to say I dont care what people think about my piece. Because most people do care about what their freinds, co-workers ect think about them.
And I think theres a big difference between how a guy in his 20's wearing hair is going to be judged by other people his age and how an older guy will be judged by older people.
Theres a guy I work with in his late 30's who dyes his hair and wears fake tan and people rip the piss about that behind his back, whatever else he does he's always seen as odd and superficial. People wonder why a man feels the need fake these aspects of his appearance especially at his age. Maybe theres a difference between the US and the UK and these things are more accepted. :dunno:

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would just grow out your hair a little more. I think the longer your hair with a longer piece would be perfect and hardly detectable.

As far as the piece you are using now I think it looks great and definitely improves the hairline. There is no way anyone is gonna notice it is a piece.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
KielMcK said:
I would just grow out your hair a little more. I think the longer your hair with a longer piece would be perfect and hardly detectable.

As far as the piece you are using now I think it looks great and definitely improves the hairline. There is no way anyone is gonna notice it is a piece.

So you can tell that just by looking at those tiny, bad-quality pics?

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
MichiganBaldy said:
I guess alot comes down to how you carry yourself, confidence how 'thick skinned' you are ect.
But look at CCS is there anyone on this forum who is more concerned about how others see/percieve him? Does he seem like a guy who has much respect from those around him?
And wether you like it or not the media and society's views are connected/influenced and do count. It takes a unique type of person to be able to say I dont care what people think about my piece. Because most people do care about what their freinds, co-workers ect think about them.
And I think theres a big difference between how a guy in his 20's wearing hair is going to be judged by other people his age and how an older guy will be judged by older people.
Theres a guy I work with in his late 30's who dyes his hair and wears fake tan and people rip the piss about that behind his back, whatever else he does he's always seen as odd and superficial. People wonder why a man feels the need fake these aspects of his appearance especially at his age. Maybe theres a difference between the US and the UK and these things are more accepted. :dunno:

I think the US follows what the UK and other european countries do. All the styles, trends, attitudes and fashions start there then come here.
Alot of people here like to think we are the center of everything, but I`ve traveled abroad quite a bit and happened to have been taught thats how it goes and we`re pretty much the same.

Most everyone at any work environment gossips about everyone else, alot of times very negatively and viciously too dont they?
Yes, they do. And if fact you may have even participated in some of it. Be honest. I`m guilty, I`ve done it.
Guess what, when you`re not around, they are ripping you apart. About something that would likely make you feel very badly too.
I know they do it to me, because I`ve been there when they do it others. I`m not immune to it.
Neither are you.
Thats why neither they, nor the media and collective societies views hold as much actual weight as percieved weight.
Get a bunch of people together and they will say they`d react one way, but get them alone and in real life, and its different.
You ask women what they want in a man and they all say they just want a nice guy, but then they go and screw the ape, or the arrogant jerk.
Get a group of guys together and they act all big and tough and ridicule someone behind their backs, then they turn around and go make friends and hang out with the guy.
We have a guy at work that started working here a few years back. Everyone started in on him right away (behind his back) saying he tells big stories that cant be true and he`s full of sh*t and an ***, but to his face they laugh and talk. Then some of them start going places with him outside work, hunting and fishing, to the bar after work and all that.
To this day people still rip on him but when he comes around they nearly throw their arms around him and hug him. Despite the backstabbings he recieves, he still benefits very much socially from his interaction with these people. And thats just one example of many more I know of.
Go figure.
Thats why I dont let it bother me, because people will talk smack but it doesnt mean much.
Its like they mean it, but when it all comes down to it, they dont "really" mean it.
Its just a habit or something, to make the day go by faster or make it interesting. Maybe they think its fun, to see who can say the most desparging comment about someone.
The media and TV, I dont even need to tell you how much its their job to over glamorize, over dramatize, make overkill on anything and everything.
Britney Spears couldnt go take a crap right now without there being an hourlong talkshow about the proper eitquette for taking a crap.
Its their focus to get people talking, and ripping on each other.
You guys really think CCS is the exception?

Heres a message board about love and relationships thats got be one of the largest in the web. They use it here to poll who is going to be man of the year, hottest woman of the year, etc

Read some of the desperate crap people write on there about 5.5 men buying drinks for 7.5 women with 8.7 bodies and 9.2 lips, and suddenly you`l see CCS isnt so alone anymore.

http://boards.askmen.com/viewforum.php?f=7

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I think that website is probably really just CCS posting under different screen names............................. :innocent:

s.a.f

Reaction score
MB, I'm fully aware that people most likely talk about me behind my back. But that does'nt worry me too much.
What does worry me is that in my experience for some guys, the ones who are held in the least regard by their peers, they dont just talk about them behind their backs they say it straight to their face! No matter what the reason or how personal/sensitive the issue.
And wearing a piece would definatley put me into that category.
It seems that they separate people into two types those who are fair game and always get ripped on mercilessly, and those who may occasionaly get mildly ripped on behind their backs.
Any benefits of wearing a piece would not be enough for me to put up with that kind of abuse, and if someone does rip on you for wearing theres not really anything you can say as a comeback.
Like I said before in my life it appears that I'm surrounded by assholes :crazy:

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
We must join with the assholes, only then can we freely wear our toupees, or use finasteride, ozzbrew, hair transplant`s and dutasteride to our chosing.

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Any benefits of wearing a piece would not be enough for me to put up with that kind of abuse, and if someone does rip on you for wearing theres not really anything you can say as a comeback.
Like I said before in my life it appears that I'm surrounded by assholes :crazy:

You're problem is you let them control you. You kiss their asses. If they ribbed on you for having six pack abs, you'd get fat so they'd stop. Not only do you kiss their asses, you try to convince other people to do it too.

s.a.f

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
s.a.f said:

You're problem is you let them control you. You kiss their asses. If they ribbed on you for having six pack abs, you'd get fat so they'd stop. Not only do you kiss their asses, you try to convince other people to do it too.

Believe me I dont kiss anyones *** even my boss, I find that is the better way to actually get respect and I dont let them dictate to me.
I dont understand how you cant see that wearing a wig is not a small indescetion. If I turned up for work in one it would be a momentus day (they'd be rolling in the aisles) I might aswell turn up in a dress and heels. :gay:

CCS

Reaction score
3cm, 80-90%

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks CCS. Well I took the first step and order my supplies and a stockpiece from Coolpiece (100% density, CC hairline, french lace). I bought some thinning shears along with the adhesives. I should have the stock piece in a few days. I plan on ordering a second custom piece from Toplace, so I can compare the quality of the knots, the hair, and swiss vs french directly.

I figure working with a stock piece first might give me a better idea of what I want in a custom piece...also really don't like the idea of not having a backup piece just in case.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
CCS started a real toupeemania here :mrgreen: .

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
Nice. The piece looks much better now that you've got the color to match correctly. As others mentioned, the way it vents does prevent it from blending in perfectly with your real hair. Of course you're more cognizant of that anyone I'm sure.

When your next piece comes in the in mail, I'm sure you'll get everything looking just right. By the way, does your order with finalhair include temple flaps as well?

I agree with what Kiel said about longer hair looking even more realistic. Though if people try to pull off a longer hairstyle with out having temples, it doesn't look so good. If you're planning on continuing using the temple flaps, then having some longer hair to hide the hairline a bit could be a great idea. Of course, you'll have to learn how to cut and layer longer hair before being able to pull it all off.

One more final thought regarding all of the posters who completely dismissed your decision to wear. As time goes on most of them, even the ones responding positively to meds, will inevitably continue to lose more hair. (Hence, the reason male pattern baldness is considered a 'chronic disease'). While transplants can help some of these guys to look cosmetically better, as the years progress more native hair will continue to go. However, the cosmetic improvement brought about by your piece will only continue to get better with experience. Year after year...

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Believe me I dont kiss anyones *** even my boss, I find that is the better way to actually get respect and I dont let them dictate to me.
I dont understand how you cant see that wearing a wig is not a small indescetion. If I turned up for work in one it would be a momentus day (they'd be rolling in the aisles) I might aswell turn up in a dress and heels. :gay:

You know, it's possible to slowly work in pieces with every increasing densities and ever higher hairlines. Going from something like a NW4 to NW1 overnight would obviously be a terrible idea. One's co-workers would find out immediately and be rolling in the aisles as a result.