My hair piece arrived. Problem solved. (shampoo)

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
CCS started a real toupeemania here :mrgreen: .

He didnt start anything, we`ve been doing this since Jesus was corporal.

mulder said:
Thanks CCS. Well I took the first step and order my supplies and a stockpiece from Coolpiece (100% density, CC hairline, french lace). I bought some thinning shears along with the adhesives. I should have the stock piece in a few days. I plan on ordering a second custom piece from Toplace, so I can compare the quality of the knots, the hair, and swiss vs french directly.

I figure working with a stock piece first might give me a better idea of what I want in a custom piece...also really don't like the idea of not having a backup piece just in case.

That is a very good way to start out. You get the hair right away and you can see from there how the densities are and if they`re right for you.
If not, CP will take it back and refund minus the shipping, and credit you for another one with different specs. They have enough of them there.
I think that 100% might be a bit thick. I havent seen one but would like to.
And just keep in mind, it`ll look really curly when you first get it, but just wet it down and brush it straight, alot of that curl will come right out after the first initial brushing.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips MB. I wanted to get 90% but 100% is all they had for the right stock piece. I'm hoping it won't be a problem to thin it out with the thinning shears.

Is shaping/cutting the piece with a razor difficult to do right? I'm a little worried about that..

I'm excited about this :punk:

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I`ve never done it with a razor, always used scissors.
Lace is a funny material, its stretchy and when I put a razor to it, it seemed to want to snag the lace more than cut it.
Scissors hold it in place good while they cut. If you`re going to do it with scissors, use small sharp ones.
When you make cuts, hold the hair lace side up, insert the lower blade under the lace, and only open them up just enough to fit the lace in and cut. Keep the blade thats under the lace right up against the lace and dont open it, only open the one thats on your side of the lace.
This will prevent hairs from getting in there and being trimmed, leaving short little stubbles that you dont want.
Try and avoid cutting the very front hairline, other than trimming the extra lace thats there. Trim that lace close to the hairs but leave about 1/8th inch of the extra lace.
We do this for a couple reasons, one so that there very frontal hairs have plenty of base to anchor them and keep them from becoming flyaway and unmanageable hairs, and also, as the base ages the lace in front will fray a little, so you have a bit of extra for trimming off and making it like new again.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the tips MB. Just to clarify, are you saying I should be doing the cutting against the lace rather than the hair? I would like to shape the front hairline a bit...is cutting the front really going to cause a lot of problems?? Would I be able to reshape the front with thinning shears?

There seems to be a sticky plastic lining all around the piece...I take it that was put there to prevent fraying and I should be trimming all that off?

Do you have any tips on thinning the piece out with thinning shears? I just got the stock piece and I look like this when I put it on: :hairy: I'm going to need to thin it out a bit. Do you have any idea how coolpiece 100% compares to toplace densities (just looking at the pics it seems to different- I could be wrong).

Also any recommendations on the best shampoo to use? Would a Keto shampoo like Nizoral be too damaging?

Thanks again for all the input, I'm rewatching parts of your DVD right now haha

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
mulder said:
Thanks again for the tips MB. Just to clarify, are you saying I should be doing the cutting against the lace rather than the hair? I would like to shape the front hairline a bit...is cutting the front really going to cause a lot of problems?? Would I be able to reshape the front with thinning shears?

There seems to be a sticky plastic lining all around the piece...I take it that was put there to prevent fraying and I should be trimming all that off?

Do you have any tips on thinning the piece out with thinning shears? I just got the stock piece and I look like this when I put it on: :hairy: I'm going to need to thin it out a bit. Do you have any idea how coolpiece 100% compares to toplace densities (just looking at the pics it seems to different- I could be wrong).

Also any recommendations on the best shampoo to use? Would a Keto shampoo like Nizoral be too damaging?

Ug, thinning them out isnt a real fun thing to do, and the results arent all that great. Is there a way you could trade it in for a lighter density?
When they`re too thick and you use thinning shears, you`re left with some of the hairs are little stubbles and the others are full length.
The best way to do it is to have the shears as close to the roots as possible. But you`re still left with the knots there, so the scalp look is dark and not as clean looking.
Trimming the extra lace, yes trim it right up to the hairs on the sides and leave a little in front. That plastic edae needs to go, its just there for making it durable for shipping.
And when trimming the base to shape, you only want to cut the lace itself, not the hairs.
The hairs in the front are put in more artistically, they are staggered and thinner at the very front with a gradual increase in density as it goes back.
Cutting into that ruins the effect, so try and avoid too much cutting of the base in that area. If you do have to, be careful about cutting hairs while you cut the base.
There will be a few that get cut, and there`ll be little stubs of them sticking out, you`ll have to remove them carefully.
Get the base and hairs wet, then use tweezers or something to get a hold on the short hairs and pull them slowly until the knot comes untied and keep pulling slowly until the hair is pulled out.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
MichiganBaldy said:
mulder said:

Ug, thinning them out isnt a real fun thing to do, and the results arent all that great. Is there a way you could trade it in for a lighter density?
When they`re too thick and you use thinning shears, you`re left with some of the hairs are little stubbles and the others are full length.
The best way to do it is to have the shears as close to the roots as possible. But you`re still left with the knots there, so the scalp look is dark and not as clean looking.
Trimming the extra lace, yes trim it right up to the hairs on the sides and leave a little in front. That plastic edae needs to go, its just there for making it durable for shipping.
And when trimming the base to shape, you only want to cut the lace itself, not the hairs.
The hairs in the front are put in more artistically, they are staggered and thinner at the very front with a gradual increase in density as it goes back.
Cutting into that ruins the effect, so try and avoid too much cutting of the base in that area. If you do have to, be careful about cutting hairs while you cut the base.
There will be a few that get cut, and there`ll be little stubs of them sticking out, you`ll have to remove them carefully.
Get the base and hairs wet, then use tweezers or something to get a hold on the short hairs and pull them slowly until the knot comes untied and keep pulling slowly until the hair is pulled out.

Thanks again for the help MB.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
MB, does the curl tend to fade a bit with time or does it hold up pretty much for the life of the hairpiece? Also do you know how coolpieces density system compares to toplace? It isn't the same is it?

thanks again

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
how did this thread change from ccs hair piece breakdown to this?

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
BTW CCS. This 100% density stock piece I got from coolpiece appears to have single strand knots...

Are you still wearing? How's it working out?

CCS

Reaction score
I think my sides are 100% density. So my piece is thinner than my real hair. But it is a nice transition.

If anyone knows or suspects I wear, they are all being very non-chalant and quiet about it. Everyone is acting normal, except some women are waving hi to me a lot more, and offering me favors.

I've been wearing my hair piece to class all week. People who site a few feet from me are not looking at my hair. Everyone is acting normal. No one is even complimenting my hair or saying anything is different. It is like they just assume that is how I always looked, since that is what they expect of 20 year olds. So far, the only comment I got was when I told someone I'm 28, and he was amazed. The other difference I'm seeing is women in my classes who never talked to me before are stopping me on the side walk to make sure I wave hello to them. One of them offered to let me use her computer account because she thought I could not log on. These are pretty women. Not super models, but above average looking. Right now I have my hair combed forwards. I have lift in front that no one can see. I also have wrinkles in the lace. I look great, but I'd not want any hands in my hair. A brief touch in the middle would not give me away, but if they felt the edges, or rubbed hard enough to move the lace and make a wrinkle, they'd notice. So I don't want to hit on women too much if they can't touch me. But I have flirted with some, and they seemed interested from how they started and kept up the conversation. I've just been bowing out though since I'm afraid of getting felt. This basebond is not keeping the edges down, and I'm not getting it on perfectly straight. I took a hot shower though, even though I'm not supposed to, and the piece did not come off. It seems water resistant. But it can be peeled off. It will never fall off though. And I can feel my stubble through the lace if I go a day without shaving. I'm very happy with my face now. It is above average looking even on a bad day.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's working out really well for you CCS, congrats.

:bravo:

You're shaving everyday CCS?? Are you doing it with a razor?

Have you just been using basebond or have you been using tape as well?

You mentioned that your colour was a little dark...did leaving it out in the sun make a big difference?

CCS

Reaction score
I'm just using basebond. Putting it in the sun did little, because I did not have much direct sunlight. I used bleach and water. I was trying to Propecia a gate open since I did not have the key, and a hot woman stopped, asked me if I need help, and told me she would be back in a second and would open it for me again. Well, I did not hang around. I don't know if she came back or not. But I think I'm starting to look good enough that women are coming to me, instead of me having to go to them. But I still have to know how to flirt back.

CCS

Reaction score
Yes, I shave every day. I often sleep with the piece off, but sometimes with it on. Changing it is easy. Takes 10 minutes if I am picky. But I can't get it on straight, and it does not stick as well as I'd like. I keep meaning to try the other glues.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
So how are you feeling about the rug right now?

Did you just use regular bleach to lighten it?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
With your knowledge of chemistry and math (And I am very jealous of these talents), you could easily manufacture some amazing psychedelic drugs.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
With your knowledge of chemistry and math (And I am very jealous of these talents), you could easily manufacture some amazing psychedelic drugs.

His knowledge isnt that vast...he is an undergrad sophmore or maye jr now? with practically no experience.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I wish this thread would just die! Im getting sick of seeing it.