My hair piece arrived. Problem solved. (shampoo)

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norsk said:
Why does a wig have to be a big, dark secret that no one in the world must know about, anyway?

Try it and tell everyone and you'll see.

CCS

Reaction score
If you tell everyone, they will compliment you, even if they think it looks ugly. Most will just say, "it looks good", some will give more details. Most will not care enough to say it again. Maybe 10% will gossip about you, but no one will say it to your face. Once the gossip goes around, most people will not care, but a few haters, maybe 20% of the pop, will gossip more, or not believe the source if you did a good job. The gossip lasts longest if they can tell.

Problem is these pieces are not undetectable. They are just hidden enough no one would notice, or no one could be sure even if they got close. But if you tell them you wear, they'll no longer dismiss some of the evidence they used to think was something else.

Most adults do not care. Only immature people gossip. Really. Unless my matty piece fooled everyone last night. Most people just have other stuff going on in their life. You'd have to go hit on a woman before she said something. If a woman liked you, she'd not say anything. If she did not like you, she'd reject you. If you kept asking her for a reason, she might then bring up the piece. Just be respectful of most people, and have the common sense to know when to ignore people and when to smile at them, and most people will not say anything. It takes a ballzy, total jerk to confront a total stranger who is minding his own business. Even if he tells others, they will not believe him if you look good.

CCS

Reaction score
Now if you are a jerk to anyone, in anyway, they will have something to use against you. But as long as you are nice to people, they will keep their mouth shut. I hope I was not too big of a jerk last night. A female classmate was with us last night, and I was talking about which women I liked around us. I'm sure she felt hurt I was not mentioning her, since she probably never gets asked out.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Now if you are a jerk to anyone, in anyway, they will have something to use against you. But as long as you are nice to people, they will keep their mouth shut. I hope I was not too big of a jerk last night. A female classmate was with us last night, and I was talking about which women I liked around us. I'm sure she felt hurt I was not mentioning her, since she probably never gets asked out.

Did you wear the dead animal on your head?

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Is'nt that obvious? I cant think of anything that society views as more pathetic. I've had hair transplant's but at least thats still my own growing hair, and thats definatley bad enough I've never told anyone about them.

Yeah, its pretty bad what I do, wearing this here wig.

Because, you know, I wear a rug, so I`m supposed be getting shunned, picked on, gossiped about, alienated, publicly mocked, bullied, made fun of, and have no friends.

But none of that happens to me, I get laid when I want, make good money, people respect me and look up to me, I go to parties and bars to have a good time, I enjoy being very healthy and active, and I always have some new project to explore and discover.

I`m basically stealing a good life. And theres nothing you can do about that.

CCS

Reaction score
MichiganBaldy said:

You hit the nail on the head. They can't stop us. Now if I can just get my hair to feel as natural as MB's, I'll be happy. Well, I'm very happy for my good looks now. I just need to pass the feel test so I can confidently approach some women. I just need more experimenting.

Osmosis,
MB does not support any one site. He shops at many, and advises us to try multiple sites too so we have back ups if one starts messing up. He has pics of his hair on like 5 different sites. Fact is, modern hair pieces are individual hairs tied to a very fine lace. They are just barely detectable, but nothing to worry about as long as you don't tell people what to look for and put their nose on your forehead for them to take a look. The materials are good. The main issue is having the skill to make it look and feel natural. That takes a few days of experimentation, and the good products that many experimenters have discovered and posted on forums over the years. Right now, they say balloons are even better than a mirror for removing glue.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
If you tell everyone, they will compliment you, even if they think it looks ugly. Most will just say, "it looks good", some will give more details. Most will not care enough to say it again. Maybe 10% will gossip about you, but no one will say it to your face. Once the gossip goes around, most people will not care, but a few haters, maybe 20% of the pop, will gossip more, or not believe the source if you did a good job. The gossip lasts longest if they can tell.

Problem is these pieces are not undetectable. They are just hidden enough no one would notice, or no one could be sure even if they got close. But if you tell them you wear, they'll no longer dismiss some of the evidence they used to think was something else.

Most adults do not care. Only immature people gossip. Really. Unless my matty piece fooled everyone last night. Most people just have other stuff going on in their life. You'd have to go hit on a woman before she said something. If a woman liked you, she'd not say anything. If she did not like you, she'd reject you. If you kept asking her for a reason, she might then bring up the piece. Just be respectful of most people, and have the common sense to know when to ignore people and when to smile at them, and most people will not say anything. It takes a ballzy, total jerk to confront a total stranger who is minding his own business. Even if he tells others, they will not believe him if you look good.

If no one cares what u look like wig or no wig...than why wear one?

s.a.f

Reaction score
MichiganBaldy said:
s.a.f said:
Is'nt that obvious? I cant think of anything that society views as more pathetic. I've had hair transplant's but at least thats still my own growing hair, and thats definatley bad enough I've never told anyone about them.

Yeah, its pretty bad what I do, wearing this here wig.

Because, you know, I wear a rug, so I'm supposed be getting shunned, picked on, gossiped about, alienated, publicly mocked, bullied, made fun of, and have no friends.

But none of that happens to me, I get laid when I want, make good money, people respect me and look up to me, I go to parties and bars to have a good time, I enjoy being very healthy and active, and I always have some new project to explore and discover.

CCS said:

Look I'm not trying to offend anyone here but you must face the facts. Wigs/hairpieces/toupees whatever you want to call it are seen as pathetic by society in general. Whenever the word wig is mentioned (on tv etc) its always seen as a joke. And however realistic and good looking they may be wigs/pieces are seen as an ancient solution, they bring to mind the stereotypical pathetic old man attempting to cover up his physical inadequaces.
Men are not supposed to that concerned about their hairloss to the extent that they'll resort to glueing a fake object to their head to trick everyone into thinking they have great hair. Both men and women alike see it as weak.
So are hair transplant's but to a lesser extent (just because its still your own real, growing hair and I dont think people realise how intrusive the surgery really is) that is why I would never openly admit to having one, and would never argue that they are seen as something positive by others because the fact is they are not. I'll admit that my surgery was done out of sheer desperation, lack of self confidence and vanity.

CCS I dont think you realise just how off your thinking is, your obbsesive preening (shaving bodyhair, homemade potions for your face, dyeing eyebrows ...ect) I'm sure this is probably doing more harm than good in your quest to get laid. How do you know what people really are saying about you behind your back?
To think that people will be positive about it because it looks like better hair than your real hair is crazy. Especially in a college enviroment.

MB I dont know about your circumstances, who/what type of people you work with but for me as a man in my early 30's working in a production type industry amongst 100+ others mostly males in their 20's and 30's if I were to show up wearing a piece or if it was discovered that I was wearing one already I would be ridiculed non stop, (I would be the "rug guy") even if I then ditched it the ridicule would last for years to come as long as someone there still remembered.
Now bearing in mind that a piece wearer can easily walk around without being detected by strangers/ the general public the fact is it only takes one person close to you to have a slip of the tongue (accidentaly or on purpose) and the secret is out to the whole neighbourhood, co-workers, casual aquantances ect.
And people love to gossip, men and women of all ages.
This is the main reason so few men are prepared to wear, most dont see the risk being worth it they have to much to lose socially/emotionally because of how it will be percieved by their peers.

We're all in the same boat here but what % of balding men resort to wearing? 1% 2,3,4? Hey I'd be embarrased enough if anyone found out I used finasteride.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
SAF you're right that most people would view wearing a hairpiece as a negative but I think you greatly exaggerate the reaction. It only catches on if the piece is very noticeably off or if people hate the wearer for some reason and looking for any excuse to tear them down. I agree for most people it isn't worth, but some people look much better with hair or with certain hairstyles requiring a lot of hair. I think recognizing you'll inevitably get some flack is important but being totally paralyzed by the fear of embarrassment is no good. If the person looks good, it's looks natural enough, they feel comfortable wearing, and there not surrounded by total a-holes then I don't see the problem with it.
Most people don't consider wearing because they either think a hairpiece will make you look like Howard Cossell or they're not motivated enough to actually do the work necessary. Even if some goof knows you're wearing and has these prejudices about wearing then if you wear it well and with some confidence, it'll eventually change their impression of it. The stigma will mostly dissappear. Just show them a pic of cute girl you met wearing and that'll shut them up. haha

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
And on top of that, even if someone cracks a joke about you wearing, why is it the end of the world? So what? There is an amusing aspect to it. The joke will fade though it they can see it improves the quality of your life.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Well, I have a little different slant on this than SAF does. My comment on the previous page was not directed at hair system users in general, I know that a hair system can be a very valid and workable solution for a lot of people.

My comment was directed at CCS in specific. It's not the hair system per se that I think is necessarily a bad thing, it is more that it is just one more decision in a broader context of a lot of others that very much lead me to believe that CCS has some psychological issues that might be worked through best with some external assistance, such as a therapist.

CCS, how much of your money, time, and youth have you burned in this quest of yours to recapture your youth and become attractive in the eyes of the younger college student girls around you? I mean, you've embarked on crazy diets, scrutinized a supplement regime that must have cost you serious money in hopes of "perfecting" your hormonal levels, dabbled in steroids in hopes of "getting a six pack", and just on the whole, your obsession with assigning numerical ratings to each and every person in your life?? It's like, you talk about your experience at a bar, for instance, and you are all "well, I was sitting at this table with my friend Jessica who is a 7.5 (but has a solid 8-8.5 body), and this guy who is a total 5 just walks up and orders her a beer? If a 5 orders a 7.5-8 girl a beer, that makes him only come across as desperate, and the girl will use him for beer in the future. I would only order beer for girls who are at my level, or perhaps a point less..... blah blah blah...)

This attitude, outlook, on life is completely NOT normal. Wouldn't you actually LIKE being able to live a life without this constant obsession with superficiality looming over your thinking and actions? I would think that if you actually pondered it a bit, you might actually feel liberated, and truly happy with yourself the way you are on an integral level.

CCS

Reaction score

Hans Gruber

Reaction score

its getting there CCS ,for ya first piece and because it looks like you have no worries in wearing a piece id say this could prove to be the solution for you.I know that probably goes against what a lot of others think but you certainly seem to be going for this properly.

I was wondering though,why have you not considered a Hasson and Wong or Rahal etc hair transplant ?have you been put off them by the work you have had done?

s.a.f

Reaction score
mulder said:
SAF you're right that most people would view wearing a hairpiece as a negative but I think you greatly exaggerate the reaction. It only catches on if the piece is very noticeably off or if people hate the wearer for some reason and looking for any excuse to tear them down. I agree for most people it isn't worth, but some people look much better with hair or with certain hairstyles requiring a lot of hair. I think recognizing you'll inevitably get some flack is important but being totally paralyzed by the fear of embarrassment is no good. If the person looks good, it's looks natural enough, they feel comfortable wearing, and there not surrounded by total a-holes then I don't see the problem with it.
Most people don't consider wearing because they either think a hairpiece will make you look like Howard Cossell or they're not motivated enough to actually do the work necessary. Even if some goof knows you're wearing and has these prejudices about wearing then if you wear it well and with some confidence, it'll eventually change their impression of it. The stigma will mostly dissappear. Just show them a pic of cute girl you met wearing and that'll shut them up. hahaAnd on top of that, even if someone cracks a joke about you wearing, why is it the end of the world? So what? There is an amusing aspect to it. The joke will fade though it they can see it improves the quality of your life.

I dont know if facing critisism and comments would be a life improvement. I guess my situation is that I'm surrounded by assholes. To me getting called out on a regular basis especialy infront of a group of people or upon meeting someone for the first time would be something I would find pretty draining on my self confidence.
The thing is if I knew someone was wearing I would'nt be able to hold a conversation with them I'd just be thinking 'wow thats a piece of fake hair glued to his head'. :shock:
And like its been mentioned you'd have to allways be the nice guy and tip toe around people because if you did piss them off they'd always have something over you. Unless you have the confidence to be 100% open about it.

s.a.f

Reaction score

You seem to heve sorted out the colour problem but there's still a noticible line between the piece and your real hair. However I dont think its noticible unless you know its a piece and are looking for it. The hairline is'nt as low as I'd thought it was going to be and thats makes it more realistic. Overal its only a subtle difference but thats you all over is'nt it, no one else would go to such trouble to make such a small difference. I just hope for your sake that no one figures out what you've done.

s.a.f

Reaction score
libertine said:
its getting there CCS ,for ya first piece and because it looks like you have no worries in wearing a piece id say this could prove to be the solution for you.I know that probably goes against what a lot of others think but you certainly seem to be going for this properly.

I was wondering though,why have you not considered a Hasson and Wong or Rahal etc hair transplant ?have you been put off them by the work you have had done?

I agree if CCS had gone to a top clinic like H&W in the first place he could have had slightly better result (not that I think his grafts look bad anyway).
But you know CCS he'll only ever be satisfied with the kind of density that a piece provides. A hair transplant would be alot easier (zero maintanaince) though.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To the untrained eye you will probably get away with it CCS, however the transition between your hair and the peice is still noticible, with a little more practice I think you will get it right.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I think its cosmetically satisfactory, but I am not impressed with that piece on you at all. Anyone who sees you on a regular basis will soon wonder "why does he have that strange colic right in the front middle of his hair?"

Modern hairpieces usually look a LOT more unnoticeable than that. I'd go for a new unit... next time be more specific in your venting instructions, and I'd lose the temple flaps.

If you are going to take the time and trouble to wear a hairpiece, then make the effort to get one that's properly vented.