My hair piece arrived. Problem solved. (shampoo)

CCS

Reaction score
Well, I don't think it matters. I've been doing some tinkering, and I think it looks a lot better than my grafts now. I left it in the window, and now it is closer to my hair color. I'm leaving it in one more day too. I ordered a lot of other glues and glue sealer. ST30 tape is great for taping my piece to the window, but I doubt I'll use it on my head.

I mailed out the lace samples on Saturday, BTW.

And as for FinalHair, they say they do single strand as much as possible. So I'll give them a try at $120 per piece. Since the shipping is $30, I'll order more than one. I'd like to ask them if they will give me a lower price for my smaller piece, since it is half the size of a regular topper. But unless the factory charges less, I doubt they will either.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
ok so now youve been tinkering ,lets see the updated pictures! im somewhat confident that this could turn out ok

CCS

Reaction score
I don't think the window did anything. It needs direct summer light, not indirect winter light. I finally just put it in a cup of bleach and water, after first doing that to the excess hair I cut off days ago. It is so hard to tell if it got any lighter, until it dries. The bleach was diluted about 1:15, and I put it in there 7 minutes. I'm rinsing it well.

CCS

Reaction score
The lace I got from toplace is probably as close as I'll get to my skin color. I asked coolpiece for something slightly darker, and the lace they sent me was several shades darker, putting a shadow on my forehead. I'll ask the next place for this exact lace, which is completely invisible except from very close, only because of the texture and slightly lighter.

I also asked Jeffrey for the color of hair they gave me, so I can tell Finalhair to go lighter and less red / more yellow than that color.

The bleach fixed the color gap. Well... reduced it by 80%.

I shaved my head and gave them all the hair on my head, all over 1 inch long. I'm amazed they did not get a closer match. When the sample came back, it still matched my hair.

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
The lace I got from toplace is probably as close as I'll get to my skin color. I asked coolpiece for something slightly darker, and the lace they sent me was several shades darker, putting a shadow on my forehead. I'll ask the next place for this exact lace, which is completely invisible except from very close, only because of the texture and slightly lighter.

I also asked Jeffrey for the color of hair they gave me, so I can tell Finalhair to go lighter and less red / more yellow than that color.

The bleach fixed the color gap. Well... reduced it by 80%.

I shaved my head and gave them all the hair on my head, all over 1 inch long. I'm amazed they did not get a closer match. When the sample came back, it still matched my hair.

Hmmm... that's a bit disturbing. I thought Coolpiece took the time to mull a bit over the details and get everything just right. Hence the reason their pieces run $300 and take two months to be made.

I glanced at the final hair site. Looking at the payment info and the style the website is written in, I can totally tell they are a Japanese company. I hope you don't ask for an extremely customized piece. Japanese businesses seem to have a really hard time understanding sort of deviation from the standard products/plans they advertise. (I live in Japan so I'm speaking from experience).

Have you considered the idea of starting out with a piece that starts about a half a centimeter or so behind your current hair line? With one like that you wouldn't have to worry about the hairline giving you away. It would essentially just "fill in" the crappy density your getting with your grafts, a change which would probably make your hair look way better without your roommates noticing. Afterwards, you could gradually get pieces which moved the hairline forward bit by bit until you got it just where you wanted.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually finalhair is in Sweden, and the hair comes from China. The Chinese factory mails it directly to your shipping address when its done being made. So you get it fast.
I ordered from there once, just to see how it goes and also, its a good idea to have more than one hair supplier who knows how to make what you need so you can always fall back on them in a crunch, like if you start getting incosistent hair from one of your other suppliers or other problem.
The hair got here fast, like 17 days and it was custom made (I tested to see) however, the specs were different than what I normally order from toplace and coolpiece so the one I got wasnt thick enough density.
So next time I order I`ll ask for thicker density, in the meantime I have a stock piece I got from hatsoffhair and another stock on order from toplace.

CCS

Reaction score
dhgdhd

CCS

Reaction score
I'd like some comments, but I know you guys can't say much with that low picture quality. Thing about this is all you got to do is mess up a little and word spreads and game over.

I hope when people see that I dyed my eyebrows, they will just assume I dyed my front hair too. They might believe that if I can just get all the hairs going the right direction.

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
MichiganBaldy said:
Actually finalhair is in Sweden, and the hair comes from China. The Chinese factory mails it directly to your shipping address when its done being made. So you get it fast.
I ordered from there once, just to see how it goes and also, its a good idea to have more than one hair supplier who knows how to make what you need so you can always fall back on them in a crunch, like if you start getting incosistent hair from one of your other suppliers or other problem.
The hair got here fast, like 17 days and it was custom made (I tested to see) however, the specs were different than what I normally order from toplace and coolpiece so the one I got wasnt thick enough density.
So next time I order I`ll ask for thicker density, in the meantime I have a stock piece I got from hatsoffhair and another stock on order from toplace.

Hmmm... strange. Their banking info says 'Post Office Japan'. I wonder why...

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
I'd like some comments, but I know you guys can't say much with that low picture quality. Thing about this is all you got to do is mess up a little and word spreads and game over.

I hope when people see that I dyed my eyebrows, they will just assume I dyed my front hair too. They might believe that if I can just get all the hairs going the right direction.

It looks a hell of a lot better than the first pictures you posted. Though something still looks 'off' or 'wiggy'. What sticks out the most is the difference in color between the piece and your natural hair. The hair direction still looks a bit strange too. The temples also don't look quite right for some reason. Can you possibly dye your natural hair a slightly darker color to match the piece?

Better pictures would help as well. If you got a digital camera from Best Buy you can use it for up to 30 days and then take it back for a full refund. (Just say it didn't work with your computer and be sure to keep the receipt). I've done this trick several times with scanners and printers.

Personally, I think you should keep a hat on till you can post better pics and get better feedback.

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, dying my hair sounds good, but I'd rather just bleach the piece a bit more. The problem is some of my hair is tacked down or sticking to itself a bit. It is not glossy smooth like when I first got it. I need to wash it in DI water and maybe use some kind of conditioner. The hair is also laying down wrong, instead of coming out of the scalp. If I saw someone with this hair, and I did not suspect piece, I'd say his hair was dirty, matted, and had a little honey in it, and I'd say he needed to wash his hair. I keep my hat on outside. I look just good enough that I wear it off around my vietnamese roommate, who would not care and has no one to talk to. I think I look just good enough he might not know. It passes the feel test if i just feel the top while going with the grain, but not if I stroke into the hair against the grain, because it feels matted down.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The color is still way off. The front looks much darker than your normal hair color, and IMO, you should have not gone with the temple flaps. You should have gone for a NW2, but with good coverage and then progressed slowly with a lower and lower hairline. There's no way people won't figure out that you're wearing when suddenly, your hairline moves an inch. Bleach the piece one more time.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope you people are seeing that hair pieces are not cut in and styled right out of the box. The hair wearer must be an artist.

Not true. The hair wearer must be a douche.

CCS

Reaction score
dhgdhdhd

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
The reason the hair looks a bit straw like is due to its being forced to style in a direction thats so much different from the way it was vented.
Its also tough to get right when its that short and styled against the grain.

Some time out in the sun will help fade the color in, or if your bleaching method works good then you can stick to that.
Not sure about the front hairline, looks a bit rough, like the lace isnt tacked all the way down or some hairs went along the hairline instead of up and away from it. Perhaps a bit lighter density, or maybe its the camera.
Not too bad for your first time, and you are getting there though.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you dont have enough hairloss to warrant a peice CCS

But I commend you for trying and being brave enough to post about it.

CCS

Reaction score
MB, you are right about hairs hugging the lace instead of going up and away, and the front not being down. But when it was in my hand, the hairs were a lot softer. I will buy some johnson&johnson detangler solution. I'll bleach for just 3 more minutes, wash with special shampoo, use the detangler, and apply a tiny bit of leave in conditioner, spread as far as it will go.

MB, I think my bleaching made the hairs stick together a bit, and I think the glue is affecting the shaft angle.

Lucky_UK,
I'm not afraid to post only because I think the probability of someone I know surfing this forum is kind of low. I could be dead wrong though. The other risk would be someone in my city seeing me on the street after seeing me online. But I do need a piece. I know I went full NW1, but if I'm going to wear something, I might as well take the best hairline I can get as long as I can pull off the look.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The colour difference is obvious, so is the point where the real hair and the wig meet.
CCS my honest advice is to ditch it, but since you wont :jackit: why not just get the full size piece and eliminate the real meets fake problem.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
The color is too dark and freestyle venting would look better I think. But looking a lot better. Keep working at it.