My hair piece arrived. Problem solved. (shampoo)

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Re: My hair piece arrived (feels like my scalp, but waved wrong)

ok so i missed the part where ccs said he had it at the right length ,ccs there is no way that you have matched the system up to your native hair,its about 3 times too long and it looks like it needs to be thinned out,cant you go to a stylist to do it?

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score

CCS man... all this preparation and you seemed to know what you were doing. Your hair looks curly and the piece looks a little too straight. The hair on the piece is way longer than your natural hair and the color is off. You need to trim that thing way down.

CCS

Reaction score

In that picture it is too long. I cut it shorter and will post a pic soon.

It is not too straight. It is just angled too flat, and the curls go sideways, whereas my curls go forwards. I even drew a picture for them, but this is how they vented it. I'd like to re-order, and give even more detailed pics of what I want. But I'm worried they don't even pay attention to my pictures.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

CCS, when you reorder, tell them you want the same one as Matthew McConaughey or like Travoltas.

CCS

Reaction score

I think the color is good enough. Look at the alternating wave in the last picture. That is a big problem. The other problem is the hair lays too flat. Mine is spiked a bit. I could force my natural hair to lay down, but I like it up.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score

ccs surely the wave can be styled out once its on your head? as in cut/blow dry?

CCS

Reaction score

See how bad the temple is in that last picture. All the hair clumps in groups like that, in locks. Are all pieces made like that?

And on the other temple, the curl goes the wrong direction with one of the locks:

MB, are you really saying I can twist every hair strand around 90 or 180 degrees so they curl the correct direction? I doubt shampoo will do that if they are tied to a lace. I tried with it dry already.

Aplunk1

Reaction score

I think that it matches... based on these low-quality pictures.

Did you cut out too much hair?

CCS

Reaction score

libertine said:
ccs surely the wave can be styled out once its on your head? as in cut/blow dry?

I really doubt it. It is very resilient in my hand when I twist. I think I need to get straighter hair so they can't f*ck it up like this, and I need to get free style. I'd like 60 degree spikes, but I don't know if they will mess that up. I don't think they looked at any of the instructions I gave them. They just gave me the curl diameter and color I wanted and did forward vent, and messed everything else up.

CCS

Reaction score

Look how closely and strongly the hair hugs the hairline.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

if you blow dry hair really hot and get it the direction you want it and then blow dry it cold it will stay that way until washed. also you could buy chemical relaxer. That would get rid of the wave permanently... its the stuff African Americans use to keep their hair straight.

CCS

Reaction score

dhgfhdan I want.

CCS

Reaction score

Hey everyone:

I shampooed it. Amazing. I could re-aim all the hairs, and they no loner clump together. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. MB was right. I emailed Jeffrey. It is wet and spiky now. I'm letting it dry. I don't care that I did not use color guard shampoo since I plan to bleach it anyway.

I'm looking forwards to it drying. Next I need to make a very weak bleach solution and put it in there for maybe 20 seconds any rinse very well, to take it down half a shade. Anyone have directions?

I'd post pics now, but my roommate is in the room.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
freestyle has to look better than that...freestyle is typically more natural looking isn't it?

CCS

Reaction score
And guys, the swiss lace has bigger holes than the french. I guess there are two types of swiss. The swiss sample I had before was very strong. This swiss rips easily if I try to rip it, but stands up well if I'm careful. I want to find the previous swiss sample and get a piece made out of it. Maybe it was actually french, and the thing I thought was french was something else.

CCS

Reaction score
I contacted finalhair. They said 100% density has no room for single strand. Coolpiece says 100% density had 4 single strand knots for every double strand knot.
Coolpiece charges me $200, whereas this place would charge me $145 after shipping. I think I'll stay with coolpiece at that quality difference, unless that other place gives me a better price for two of my smaller units.

IBM

Reaction score
Damn it. Your hair looks very nice. You dont need the wig. Get rid of it.

CANT ANYONE DO ANYTHING?

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
CCS, I know you wrote you shampooed it and it made a huge difference. Listen to MB on this one. Glue it down to your head and wear it for a few days to break in it. During that time just wear a hat over the piece and and nobody else will see it. Then, after you've broken it in cut, layer, and color the piece to match your own hair. If you cut too much off before it's ready to go, it may not look right.

I'm sure you're already aware of this, but the difficulty of pulling off a piece is knowing how to bring together all of the elements responsible for creating the 'illusion' of a full head of great hair. Practice makes perfect here. The better you get at cutting and coloring hair, and the more experience you have working with the materials available (glues, tapes, laces, etc.) the better your hair will look.

That being said, I think the technology is golden. You just need to become more proficient in using it.

Have you purchased MB's instructional video? From what you've written thus far, I get the impression that you haven't. It's full of tips and tricks and well worth the money. I highly recommend that you pick up a copy before you make your final decision about the piece.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score

collegechemistrystudent said:
I'd post pics now, but my roommate is in the room.

yeah, best not to let your roomate in on this...as he'll never be able to tell once you tape that piece of squirrel to your head.

are you kidding? you think you're gonna pick up chicks with that piece on your head? tell me what girl would go out with a young balding dude that wears a piece?..and trust me, they will know it's a piece from a mile away. don't u realize chicks rip on guys wearing a piece. and let's imagine you do pick up some girl...how long till her male friends tell her 'dude, the guy is wearing a piece. what a douche!'

u look fine w/out the piece. spend your money on something to improve yourself that you can control (health, fitness, wardrobe, etc).