My hair piece arrived. Problem solved. (shampoo)

CCS

Reaction score
Re: My hair piece arrived

MichiganBaldy said:
Alot of guys have said dont order from hollywoodlace. If you want to try another supplier on the cheap, use finalhair.com

What do they say is bad about hollywoodlace?

CCS

Reaction score

I'm depressed now since coolpiece is the only company that will sell me single strand. I also don't see how I can twist each hair shaft 90 degrees and expect it to stay when it is knotted to the lace. I feel ripped off.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I don't think that looks so bad at all. The spikey might look a bit better though.

collegechemistrystudent said:
This is the trouble I'm dealing with. I need to cut it shorter so the curls are not so bad. And it is laying so extremely flat. Next time I'll ask for free style or spiky.

I also think it is too dark.

In this picture it looks like a horrible wig. I just hope I can get it working. I just wish I could know it would work, before I shave my front and dive in.

CCS

Reaction score

I trimmed it some more to hide some transitions. I think it might work. My existing hair looks so bad anyway. I just want the practice, and can wear my hoody over it. I won't be getting any women for a while anyway.

I'll order a body wave free style from them, with a spiky front. That will run me another $200. I'll give this one a try though. I need to see what the density looks like. I won't get an accurate site with it laying down like this, but I know that spiky should be denser than laying down.

CCS

Reaction score

one thing I will say in coolpiece's defense is that the pleats are not triangles. They are curved. So these people understand their geometry.

CCS

Reaction score

I put the piece on my forehead and dug my fingers into it, stroking it close. It felt just like the rest of my scalp, though I could barely feel a few knots. OK, I'll keep trying at this. I just need to get bodywave this time so they can't wave it the wrong way. And I'll make it free style.

CCS

Reaction score
Re: My hair piece arrived (feels like my scalp, but waved wrong)

hmm... jeffery says shampooing it will reduce the wave. I guess I'll keep tinkering a bit.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score

Everyone says it takes a while to get it right and most aren't satisfied with their first piece...this shouldn't be surprising. I say keep tinkering with it and then try it out...you won't know for sure about how it looks until you actually get pasted on your head and cut in.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

WOW, what a big letdown. All this time we have waited for the unveiling of CCS' new rug and what a big disappointment. I think you need to go to a professional stylist and get your rich sister, the stripper to pay for a better rug than that disaster. :puke: :puke: :puke:

metalheaddude

Reaction score

Its way to dark and thick. I think to get around it you need to dye both the piece and your hair with the same hair dye batch and try and get a more even match. Jet Black or Peroxide blonde would work because blonde is blonde and black is black. But all the other colours in between will be just to hard to match. Just my 2 cents.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

My advice is to shave cut your hair to a length you feel comfortable with and forget about it. I promise you, people will look more at you with that on your head then if you cut your hair.

IBM

Reaction score

That is disgusting!

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I'm sorry CCS that hairpiece looks awful.

As a suggestion why not try some melanotan. It would reduce the contrast between scalp and hair, and generally look better (why do you think black guys look better bald) . I've been on it for a bit, and its good stuff.

s.a.f

Reaction score

I honestly feel pretty bad for CCS over this. :(
If only hairwegoagain was still with us. :freaked:

Hans Gruber

Reaction score

i'll tell ya how it looks once ya cut it the same length as the rest of your hair,no one can judge it as it is

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

s.a.f., I kind of understand your empathy for CCS but he "writes his own story". Some fiction and some non-fiction. He might someday realize his life should not center around his hair or lack of it. And if his life does center around it then I would definitely at least go to some professional stylist who could help him better than he has proven so far. I agree with Cassin that he just needs to shave his head( which I thought looked fine for him) and move on to something else he will find trivial in his life to dwell on. Nobody here can help him. Nobody was able to help Taug. Sometimes its just better to leave them alone. Some day they might change their values and ways. All I can say, I thought I was a "little off "due to having BDD, but I can always count on someone "worse off" than myself when I come on this forum and start reading other people's posts. I guess I should be thanking CCS for being one of those people. Thanks CCS.

IBM

Reaction score

DoctorHouse and "his" BDD.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score

It looks like a dead bird, I hope that this is the first step towards you coming to your senses.