My Finasteride Update, 22 Y/o (pics)

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Went back in my thread and found some wet pics parted in the middle, so I tried to replicate them. They’re labeled by date in the photos.

PLEASE let me know if you see that my crown/overall density is noticeably thinner. My hair was longer in the January photos.

Keep in mind these photos are 7 months apart.

honestly to me it looks about the same. I cant see a difference. But I know that pics can be deceiving so only you know best. If you truly feel like you are continuing to thin then you probably are.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly to me it looks about the same. I cant see a difference. But I know that pics can be deceiving so only you know best. If you truly feel like you are continuing to thin then you probably are.
Dutasterides uo next. I’m sure if I wasn’t on finasteride it’d be worse.. how are your sides?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks the same to me also.
Which, can always be a WIN!
If my hair is seemingly unchanged, I’ll take it! It’s still manageable with toppik n some hairspray so I can live with it. As long as it doesn’t rain...

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasterides uo next. I’m sure if I wasn’t on finasteride it’d be worse.. how are your sides?
Bro, ive just been not thinking about it as much. My libido is lower but thats pretty much it. Also watery semen which is minor.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my hair when I wake up. Worse than ever :(. Thinning everywhere.

If I were able to post a video, you’d all see what I mean.

Attachments

• B5C88C6D-8088-4D17-81E2-4F130E0B6F69.jpeg
    B5C88C6D-8088-4D17-81E2-4F130E0B6F69.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 324
  • 2E9C7F27-63FB-4BA4-A6C2-8EFBFE5F11B4.jpeg
    2E9C7F27-63FB-4BA4-A6C2-8EFBFE5F11B4.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 81A4BFA8-1E18-40AB-B4CE-8D4C3399266F.jpeg
    81A4BFA8-1E18-40AB-B4CE-8D4C3399266F.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 7EC81570-B857-462A-9483-2AD208A4497C.jpeg
    7EC81570-B857-462A-9483-2AD208A4497C.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 854E9D8F-0404-4AAF-A84E-8BBB1449713E.jpeg
    854E9D8F-0404-4AAF-A84E-8BBB1449713E.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 318

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude it really baffles me that you're still not on Minoxidil. You obviously hate your hair situation (eventhough it's not that bad), but you don't want to put the minimal effort in of applying it 1x or 2x a day. Which will be well worth it because of the mental relief it gives. You could even try oral minoxidil if you'd like.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude it really baffles me that you're still not on Minoxidil. You obviously hate your hair situation (eventhough it's not that bad), but you don't want to put the minimal effort in of applying it 1x or 2x a day. Which will be well worth it because of the mental relief it gives. You could even try oral minoxidil if you'd like.
Shedding bro, shedding.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but only for a temporary time. After that you're golden since all the hairs you shed grow back. I honestly don't understand what's so scary about it.
I don’t want my hair to look any worse than it does. Even if it’s temporary.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your already using toppik, that will cover up any loss from shedding. I don't see what you have to lose.
Toppik only covers the crown, but my diffuse thinning has gotten significantly worse in the past year. I’ll switch to dutasteride before I go on liquid minoxidil. Oral on the other hand...

Attachments

• 52156C80-0686-4FB7-9745-D7872A2B78BF.jpeg
    52156C80-0686-4FB7-9745-D7872A2B78BF.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 372
  • F3A2FF8B-6293-4023-AAB1-12DBF20ABB78.jpeg
    F3A2FF8B-6293-4023-AAB1-12DBF20ABB78.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 373

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Toppik only covers the crown, but my diffuse thinning has gotten significantly worse in the past year. I’ll switch to dutasteride before I go on liquid minoxidil. Oral on the other hand...
have u considered upping ur regimen to something more aggressive?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride is as far as I’ll go.

dawg, when I went on minoxidil nothing crazy happened. But then again I was already losing like 500 hairs a day before going on it so Its possible that could have hid it

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
dawg, when I went on minoxidil nothing crazy happened. But then again I was already losing like 500 hairs a day before going on it so Its possible that could have hid it
Exactly, you were losing a lot of hairs to start. I think my shedding is under control (relatively) and I can keep my thin hair in check. If I lose much more I won’t be able to and I don’t want to feel like a hat prisoner again when I freaked out that one time lmao

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you thinking of switching to dutasteride anytime soon? I personally wish i jumped on it first, i lost hair the year i was on finasteride. The side effect profile is pretty much the same in terms of libido, more likely to get mental sides though but personally i haven't noticed any.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you thinking of switching to dutasteride anytime soon? I personally wish i jumped on it first, i lost hair the year i was on finasteride. The side effect profile is pretty much the same in terms of libido, more likely to get mental sides though but personally i haven't noticed any.
YES. I believe my doctor is open to prescribing it and I plan on visiting her soon. I’m just worried because someone else in the forum was doing okay on finasteride, switched to dutasteride, and now his hair is getting ruined. He said he wishes he never switched. I’m also a bit worried about sides, although I have none with finasteride.

You sound exactly like me, I believe I’m still losing hair (albeit maybe slowly) and I think dutasteride might be enough to stop it.

Did you regain any hair in dutasteride? Did your shedding decrease? I’d love to hear any additional things you can add!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
YES. I believe my doctor is open to prescribing it and I plan on visiting her soon. I’m just worried because someone else in the forum was doing okay on finasteride, switched to dutasteride, and now his hair is getting ruined. He said he wishes he never switched. I’m also a bit worried about sides, although I have none with finasteride.

You sound exactly like me, I believe I’m still losing hair (albeit maybe slowly) and I think dutasteride might be enough to stop it.

Did you regain any hair in dutasteride? Did your shedding decrease? I’d love to hear any additional things you can add!
Your hair looks fine for now. I wouldn't change. I tried it and got more sides and really had no issues with finasteride. It barely made a difference and every time I took the dutasteride( it was legit as I bought it at a legit pharmacy) I would get a severe stomach ache for like 20 minutes.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s a quick hairline update. Pictures taken exactly 1 year apart. One to the left is last year, one to the right is this year. I’ve been on finasteride for like 15-16 months? My hairline is a bit worse imo. What do you guys think for 15 months on finasteride?

I just got a haircut and I may post a few pics of my diffusion soon...

Attachments

• B608DCB3-0408-49ED-84DD-9905C4E98FDC.jpeg
    B608DCB3-0408-49ED-84DD-9905C4E98FDC.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 269