My Finasteride Update, 22 Y/o (pics)

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not see any differences compared to day 1 honestly (looking at the pics on page 1) so based on the pictures i would not say it is worst than day 1. But you know your hair better than us. Are you sure this is not a natural swirl. I have seen many non balding people (norwood 1 with no sign of hair loss) with a similar swirl.
You dot not need any toppik in my opinion.
This dude doesnt have male pattern baldness
I appreciate these two replies a lot. But trust me it looks worse in person. Also, if you go back a few pages you can see my hair wet and with oil in it and you can easily tell the extent of the damage. I’m sure I’m a bit delusional with BDD but I do 100% have male pattern baldness.

I definitely recommend you guys checking out some of my photos posted earlier.

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure if you are exposing your crown on purpose in the pic to show us, but if you aren't then you should be able to easily cover it with a few brush stokes. Your crown is not that bad to be honest.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure if you are exposing your crown on purpose in the pic to show us, but if you aren't then you should be able to easily cover it with a few brush stokes. Your crown is not that bad to be honest.
No that’s what my hair looks like after showering and laying in bed for a while. If I come it in a different direction scalp shows in another spot. Toppik does well enough tho

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Your crown is a bit thin but not that big of a deal. Your hair is thick so it just might be your cowlick. You know your hair better than most. I think it would look a lot thicker if you just cut the sides to a 2, fade up with longer hair. But thats just my 2 cents.

Your hair looks great tho dude, keep doing what your doing.

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure, I definitely have lost some hair since the first post. But thanks a lot man!

Thanks bro! I’m gonna get a haircut soon, I might take the sides a bit shorter than last time.

I have consulted a dermatologist and unfortunately I am balding. But I appreciate you thinking I’m not haha, that’s a boost of confidence.

Alright boys here’s a few pics I just got after waking up, combed my hair a bit, it’s very slightly damp. I’m not sure if it’s looking worse in the past few months or if I'm maintaining. BDD is a b**ch n I think all of us here suffer from it a bit. I never go out with my hair looking like this, I always put toppik in and it covers that thinning pretty well.
Looks like a cowlick to me. Which means finasteride is working for you at least for maintenance. If I was you I’d just get out of this site asap and come back only if things start to get worse.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a cowlick to me. Which means finasteride is working for you at least for maintenance. If I was you I’d just get out of this site asap and come back only if things start to get worse.
It has gotten worse tho bro. The pics don’t do justice I believe. When I look at with a handheld mirror it’s rough. Every angle shows different scalp so it’s hard to capture that with the camera. I’m gonna take a few wet hair photos after I shower.

Thanks though man. That’s great to hear. How’s your hair doing?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
So here are wet photos. Brutal. But I posted some wet photos on previous pages and I’m not sure how much worse it’s gotten.

A few of these are out the shower untouched, and the others are after rubbing my hair with a towel for a few seconds.

Attachments

• 9FB960B6-F0FE-4FBE-8BA6-1BA0D7882317.jpeg
    9FB960B6-F0FE-4FBE-8BA6-1BA0D7882317.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 299
  • 27F7ACC6-6A8B-44AC-8475-779FF79B49B2.jpeg
    27F7ACC6-6A8B-44AC-8475-779FF79B49B2.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 297
  • 5FA67041-78FB-4075-8534-1D04B56D270C.jpeg
    5FA67041-78FB-4075-8534-1D04B56D270C.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 288
  • E943E4BE-6F38-4F69-ACCD-D85C8ADB781A.jpeg
    E943E4BE-6F38-4F69-ACCD-D85C8ADB781A.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 308
  • 77100409-318A-4665-941C-18C423833EF3.jpeg
    77100409-318A-4665-941C-18C423833EF3.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 7AC55A27-8631-4CFA-8288-186956A609C5.jpeg
    7AC55A27-8631-4CFA-8288-186956A609C5.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 300

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So here are wet photos. Brutal. But I posted some wet photos on previous pages and I’m not sure how much worse it’s gotten.

A few of these are out the shower untouched, and the others are after rubbing my hair with a towel for a few seconds.

Why haven't you started using minoxidil if you are so unhappy about your hair?

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I still think it actually looks better than your earlier pictures.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why haven't you started using minoxidil if you are so unhappy about your hair?
The daily chore, and also because of the initial shed that might make it extremely difficult to cover up. I’m ambivalent about minoxidil.

I still think it actually looks better than your earlier pictures.
Thanks man, that’s nice to hear.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The daily chore, and also because of the initial shed that might make it extremely difficult to cover up. I’m ambivalent about minoxidil.

Thanks man, that’s nice to hear.

You might get a shed but you're hair will look instantly better. And I don't understand how you can call minoxidil a chore while also applying topik everyday.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
You might get a shed but you're hair will look instantly better. And I don't understand how you can call minoxidil a chore while also applying topik everyday.
Minoxidil makes your hair greasy for a while and I have to wait before going out. It’s definitely more of a chore. I’ve put minoxidil in my hair, so I’m not talking out of my ***.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil makes your hair greasy for a while and I have to wait before going out. It’s definitely more of a chore. I’ve put minoxidil in my hair, so I’m not talking out of my ***.

just use it once a day at night before bed. lightly dermarolling before applying.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see absolute zero miniaturisation, i don't believe for a second ur balding, u just have BDD

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, so I parted my hair the opposite way for a job interview, and I think it looks a bit better. It’s time for a haircut but as of now I think this is okay.

Please let me know what you think. Photos are with toppik and hairspray. Do you believe anyone would notice this thinning through the toppik? The scalp shows in about a quarter-half dollar sized circle (for Americans).
Looks great and no one will have a clue that you are slowly losing your hair ;)

Good luck and hope you get the job!

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great and no one will have a clue that you are slowly losing your hair ;)

Good luck and hope you get the job!
Thanks man! I really hope I get the job too! I nailed both interviews so let’s see... The first interviewer had REALLY bad diffuse thinning actually. I felt his pain...

Edit: so that thin spot can pass as a cowlick in your opinion?