My Finasteride Update, 22 Y/o (pics)

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel you bro. My crown looks a bit worse as in your pics. I don't use toppik to hide it and no one has commented on it so far. Most of my friends are very direct so they would def say sth if it would be very obvious.
That’s great. What fucked me up is the way I found out I was balding was from a friend mentioning my crown last May. Since then it’s gotten significantly worse so now I’m a toppik prisoner. I don’t mind as long as no one else notices and I haven’t gotten any comments.

Are you on finasteride?

manda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s great. What fucked me up is the way I found out I was balding was from a friend mentioning my crown last May. Since then it’s gotten significantly worse so now I’m a toppik prisoner. I don’t mind as long as no one else notices and I haven’t gotten any comments.

Are you on finasteride?

yeah 1,25mg/day. 3,5 months in and I can tell that my shedding and itch decreased a lot so far

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the new hairstyle really hides your thinning and it looks better on you
Btw bro I wanted to ask you can I use toppik even though I sweat a lot? Will it run down my face?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the new hairstyle really hides your thinning and it looks better on you
Btw bro I wanted to ask you can I use toppik even though I sweat a lot? Will it run down my face?
I use it on the crown. I’ve never had that issue. Toppik saves my life

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s an update boys. I don’t know how much is changed. I believe I’m still thinning further based off of what my wet hair looks like. But I need a haircut soon. Today I decided to style my hair a little different and I think it looks better. The hair goes back and covers the crown better so I don’t need as much toppik back there. In one pic you can see some skin peaking out (brown covered with toppik) and it looks a bit worse in person. But I still don’t think anyone would notice it as thinning.

What do you guys think about styling my hair this way? I’m going to get a hair cut to make it look cleaner but I think this is a better look?

Also does this look like a nice nw2?

this hair style is way way better and looks really good

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
new style looks way better bro. when you have such a thick hairline its very easy to hide hairloss
this hair style is way way better and looks really good
Thanks bros. Only thing is, I got some bad remarks on it from a few girls I’ve been talking to. Nothing out right but like “what happened to your hair” or why does your hair look so fancy. It made me uncomfortable n think I’m not pulling it off right. I’m getting a haircut Tuesday and it might look better with this style.

I may have been over sensitive but it seemed that I was getting worse attention from girls with this style. I’ll have to go at it again

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's up @CrownBalding. Been awhile. The front view from your first pic looks pretty cool. Your temples are still strong so you have a lot of options in regards to hair styles. Upload pics of your new hair cut if you can.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's up @CrownBalding. Been awhile. The front view from your first pic looks pretty cool. Your temples are still strong so you have a lot of options in regards to hair styles. Upload pics of your new hair cut if you can.
Getting it tomorrow :). The issue is my density. Although I have a decent nw2, density plays such a huge role. If I don’t have my hair matted down with hairspray, regardless of how short it is, it just blows around in the wind like crazy.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright bros here’s an update. I believe I’m still thinning further because when I don’t have hairspray in my hair I can feel it moving all over the place from slight gusts of wind (months ago this wouldn’t happen). Looking at my crown in the mirror, I’m not sure if it has gotten worse in the past few months though so that’s a bit of a relief.

I just got a haircut so here are the pics.

Let me know what you think about the thinning and how much you believe it’s gotten worse since my last few updates. This is not toppik or hairspray.

PS: in the 7th photo (from behind) you can clearly see the difference of the quality of hair in my horse shoe compared to the top. All of my top hair is like this unfortunately, and it makes for a world of sh*t every time a gust of wind comes by, if I don’t have my hairspray ;)

PPS: it’s been almost a year on finasteride, do you guys believe if I add minoxidil, those weak/thin hairs in pic 7 might become stronger? Is it worth adding minoxidil in the mix at this point?

I think it has stayed the same man. If I were you I would probably not add anything new.

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This hair style looks like it's easier to manage vs. your last style. I don't see a difference with your hair compared to your last pics and that's a positive thing since you aren't using toppik in your recent ones.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man so youve been on fina 1 year already, did it help or?
To be honest my hair is a lot thinner since starting. But I think it’s been holding for the last few months.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are a few more pics from today. Didn’t put any product in (toppik or hairspray) and I’ve been laying in bed for a while so I think it makes my hair push down a bit.

I’m curious what you guys think about my progress? I know it’s gotten worse since day 1 but it may have slowed/stopped down in the past few months.

Can those of you who have followed my story let me know if it seems to be getting worded based off my recent pics compared to pics months ago?

Attachments

• 29DF291A-933A-4BA7-AC41-5EAF32D09572.jpeg
    29DF291A-933A-4BA7-AC41-5EAF32D09572.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 465
  • 0939B153-4F39-4E62-A923-1E244B2921B0.jpeg
    0939B153-4F39-4E62-A923-1E244B2921B0.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 452
  • C66C1409-444D-4CA5-9AED-DD7D0D4698ED.jpeg
    C66C1409-444D-4CA5-9AED-DD7D0D4698ED.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 425
  • D3AB6066-89EC-445F-949B-AA8C449319C4.jpeg
    D3AB6066-89EC-445F-949B-AA8C449319C4.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 484
  • A9AFBF88-DC41-4CFA-AA39-F16352F903EE.jpeg
    A9AFBF88-DC41-4CFA-AA39-F16352F903EE.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 454

Snakeshed

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not see any differences compared to day 1 honestly (looking at the pics on page 1) so based on the pictures i would not say it is worst than day 1. But you know your hair better than us. Are you sure this is not a natural swirl. I have seen many non balding people (norwood 1 with no sign of hair loss) with a similar swirl.
You dot not need any toppik in my opinion.