My Dr. Said No To Oral Minoxidil. Help?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately doctors only prescribe 10mg oral minoxidil tablets in NZ as a treatment for something else. And they are too small to cut.

And at that dose the side effects are nasty.

I’m hunting around for pharmaceutical companies or chemists that can mix up some 1.5mg OM tablets. Fingers crossed!!!

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have amazing results with 1mg of Minoxidil per day. Better then I was on finasteride. I am so happy. No side effect at all. Almost 3 moths on it.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I visited my Doctor yesterday who said it’s a strong acne chemical that better prepares the scalp for minoxidil.

So when do you use it and when do you use min?

I was thinking an hour before min could be good. But I dunno. 5 mins could be good. So might mixing foam and T?
You doctors know nothing, in fact, he can prescribe you a lotion with minoxidil plus tretinoin to be prepare in a pharmacy .

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have amazing results with 1mg of Minoxidil per day. Better then I was on finasteride. I am so happy. No side effect at all. Almost 3 moths on it.

That’s the smart way to do it. Visit your doctor and see if you are suitable for low dose (1mg).

As oppose to getting it off the grey market and taking 5/10 mg a day and then complaining of side effects. Of course you are likely to get side effects at that dosage.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What was your shed like from it?

Im 2.5mg a day for about 5 weeks now but no shed yet.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in Australia and my dermatologist prescribed it to me after being on daily finasteride. for 10 months.

I am on 2.5mg oral minoxidil a day. Been about 4/5 weeks but nothing to report yet

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately doctors only prescribe 10mg oral minoxidil tablets in NZ as a treatment for something else. And they are too small to cut.

And at that dose the side effects are nasty.

I’m hunting around for pharmaceutical companies or chemists that can mix up some 1.5mg OM tablets. Fingers crossed!!!

If all else fails why not just take the liquid?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on 10mg 1x a day for a while, been debating swapping to 5mg 2x a day. All it did for me as far as sides go is lower my blood pressure a little and raise my heart rate a little.

160/90 75 to 135/80 85

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like it is stated on the article that will take you 2 minutes to read it, we are talking about topical.
Oral don't work better than topical, there is not a single study that prove that is better, and it have more side effects.
You've obviously never tried oral.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

How long have you been taking oral? what dosage? and do you have any before after pics?

As to the OP you can just buy it online or drink kirkland topical if you really want to try it, start low though, even 0.6mg has shown to be effective.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahahahahahaha. Yes, I tried it. People think that this is """""new """ It was a very common alternative treatment back in 2000/2002 . You can search on old post , specially on hairsite.com .
Should I remember that It was also tried it oral back in early 80s ? Before they went for the topical route ?

Again, There is not a single study comparing oral with topical. Oral is not better than topical, and it is dangerous.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please explain to me why I had hairloss while taking 5% topical on and off for several years combined with finasteride..and then regrew nearly everything in less than 4 months on oral without any finasteride.
Cause you made the most stupid thing you can do , you was " on and off " . You should never, never, never do that with minoxidil.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is a really small molecule, it have no issue on bypass the skin.
When you take it orally, it need to bypass the stomach, go to all the body, and then to the folicle, while topical go directo to the follicle .
Again, not a singe study since 1980s show that oral is more effective than topical.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahahahahahaha. Yes, I tried it. People think that this is """""new """ It was a very common alternative treatment back in 2000/2002 . You can search on old post , specially on hairsite.com .
Should I remember that It was also tried it oral back in early 80s ? Before they went for the topical route ?

Again, There is not a single study comparing oral with topical. Oral is not better than topical, and it is dangerous.

It is reasonably safe, as suggested here (the link on that page linking to the study as opposed to that page itself): https://newhair.com/baldingblog/the...-good-alternative-to-finasteride-see-article/

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is a really small molecule, it have no issue on bypass the skin.
When you take it orally, it need to bypass the stomach, go to all the body, and then to the folicle, while topical go directo to the follicle .
Again, not a singe study since 1980s show that oral is more effective than topical.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is regarded by many professionals as being the most effective drug for regrowth.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even so, if you want to do such stupid thing, why don't simple use take the lotion as oral ?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Do the math, look like there are to many brainers here, I am sure you know how to do it ;)