My Dr. Said No To Oral Minoxidil. Help?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow Patrick, I can't believe you finally decided to do something about baldness. I loved you in TNG by the way.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm attempting to regrow my hair over the next several years, and connect my results with a transplant. I just ordered finasteride, but wanted to speak with my Dr. about Oral Minoxidil, to make sure my heart was healthy enough to take it. My blood pressure is normal, and my blood tests show I'm perfectly healthy.

However, he advised against Oral Minoxidil as it's not good for the heart, although I do see plenty of guys on here and HairLossTalk.com, etc. taking it. He told me that the he couldn't recommend it regardless, as there's too much liability attached. As a healthy 34 year old Male, should I get a second opinion? I want to take 1.25 mg per day, so not a concerning dose by any means.

Has anyone spoken to their Dr. about Oral Min? I'm about to just go ahead and order it!
I’ve been in for two full years 6 months at 1.25, 6 months at 2.5, 1 year at 5mg.

Can’t gauge results though at a glance in the year and a half before topcial Finasteride the thinning was consistent but not noticeable. I’m concerned about the periodic shedding. The way I understand the process is that the cycle sync comes with cyclical shedding.

Had no noticeable sides, no increased body hair and no noticeable collagen loss. My doctor has recommended I jump up to 7.5 or 10...

Might give it a try as with normal BP on 5 and minimal impact on energy...

I will look into the comments in the video re: blood counts.