MVN Awards

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Gardener this thread is primarily directed towards you as you are MVN 2005 I believe? I wasn't paying much attention.

My suggestion is the Most Valuable Norwood awards (very similar to a ridiculous contest and award scenario you'd see in any small office in the USA with cubicles) .... be conducted once every 6 months. A year on the internet is 10 years real life.

MVN awards will be held January 1 and June 1 of every year.

Categories must be defined. Thus far, since I havent been paying attention, Im only aware of the following:

:hairy: The Most Valuable Norwood (of course, top winner.
:hairy: The Over-Prescriber
:hairy: The Bad Advice Giver
:hairy: The Spammer with Highest Post Count (award given for managing to elude the moderators while simultaneously spamming for the longest time)
:hairy: The Biggest Hair Counter
:hairy: The Funniest Poster

What other important categories are there already, or should be added, based upon personalities and trends seen in these forums?

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Oh! i just thought of one more category but I dont know if my attorneys will let me use it just yet :)

:D

Petchsky

Reaction score
There is a few science boffins amoung us, so maybe there should be some award for that.

Also, how about biggest crackpot award.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Define "Biggest Crackpot" award criteria.

Suggested title for most knowledgeable poster...?

The Most Knowledgable Poster award?

HairLossTalk.com

Petchsky

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Define "Biggest Crackpot" award criteria.

HairLossTalk.com

A poster who steadfastly stands by his theory or posts numerous silly possible reasons for balding.

The most knowledgeable poster award sounds good, but does not convey the science side much...but sounds good either way.

How about most annoying poster award - Surely everybody will have some one in mind.

Zim

Established Member
Reaction score
The 'Branco' award for the most loveable foreign poster.

The 'Gunner' award for the poster who really, really should have been banned by now.

The 'Bruce Lee' award for the best where the f*** are you now (MIA) posters.

The 'WTF!' award for those who have absolutely no hairloss at all and have photos to prove it.

SE-freak

Reaction score
The "Rubic" award for those with the strangest pattern of recession.

The "National Hairographic" award for the Norwood that hits the bathroom to check if that new hair has gone terminal during the last 15 minutes.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Zimmy said:
The 'WTF!' award for those who have absolutely no hairloss at all and have photos to prove it.

Yes, this is a good one, the WTF! award for zero hair loss.

Zim

Established Member
Reaction score
The 'Trax' award for the best avatar.

Sorry couldnt resist it (slaps wrist).

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Brilliant!

Amazing Zimmy!

Please provide more. We will compile them all and I will meet offline with Zimmy to finalize categories.

Feel free to draw upon my late night, drama filled, mood swing post of last night for more ideas:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 344#180344

Zimmy - Please provide titles for the following Award Categories:

1) Spammer who manages to elude the authorities the longest.

2) Poster who counts hairs the most.

3) Poster who hates hairlosstalk, but has a huge post count and wont leave.

4) Poster with the greatest hair loss related photoshop skills

5) The newbie advice giver. Brand new to the forums. Brand new to hair loss, but provides hundreds of responses to questions which are 90% inaccurate.

6) The poster with the most irregular hair loss pattern. (Title suggestions so far: The Rubic)

7) The poster with the biggest, most elaborate regimen.

8 ) A possible new name for the "Over Prescriber". Gardener's description of this poster:
Newbie: "I'm a starving college student. I have my hair, but my dad is bald, and I THINK there is some thinning in my temples?" Over-prescriber: "You MUST get on Propecia, Xandrox 15, and Nizoral right away. You need Tricomin too, and spironolactone, and you should be taking 1000mg of Arginine, 500mg of MSM, and you NEED to pick up some Emu oil, oh, and flaxseed oil, and take an extra B-complex vitamin, and you MUST drink 5 gallons of green tea a day... etc, etc.. "

Feel free to modify any of these slightly so as to optimize the humor quotient and Title naming!

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

As part of the Most Valuable Norwood awards, HairlossTalk hereby announces that we will be giving away a 1 month supply of a product of choice, to every winner of every MVN category!

HairLossTalk.com

Cassin

Reaction score
We need a "Craziest theories with no scientific proof to back them up but won't admit it and still insists it's fact" category.

Tie right now between Nesta and Chewbacca. My money is on Nesta.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Brilliant!

Amazing Zimmy!

Please provide more. We will compile them all and I will meet offline with Zimmy to finalize categories.

Feel free to draw upon my late night, drama filled, mood swing post of last night for more ideas:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 344#180344

Zimmy - Please provide titles for the following Award Categories:

Tom Sawyer whitewashed a fence using a similar strategy.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com,

Do you really think that someone should be rewarded with a free months supply of any hairloss treatment for, "giving the worst advice"?

I dont think we should be encouraging people giving bad advice, or teaching bad science theories where hairloss treatments are concerned. Give them a different award than the coveted and sacred, MVN(also no free product). Give them the title of MNN - Most Notorious Norwood...but no free products for giving bad advice, or teaching bad science, or holding onto wacky theroies.

Also how about different categories, like the MAN - Most Animated Norwoood.

Or the MDN - Most Dramatised Norwood.

Or the MSN - Most Scientific Norwood(This can be given to the most knowledgeable poster(s))

The MRN - Most Reliable Norwood(This can be awarded to the poster who is most reliable to answer peoples posts - esp newbies posts, that ask the questions that have been answered 50 times - yet the MRN still finds the heart and patience to answer them.

The MTN - Most Toubled Norwood (The person who seems to post more about his lifestyle woes than anything else).

Or the MPN - Most Protective Norwood(Persons who seek to keep the board free of spammers)

Just a few examples. I dont think you want to give away too many titles.

The MVN can be like the best Male/Female Oscar, the grand daddy of them all. Give this to the overall best poster, all things should be taken into consideration.

What do you guys think?

peace

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Dave001 said:
Tom Sawyer whitewashed a fence using a similar strategy.
I wasn't trying to trick someone into doing the work for me. Zimmy came up with some funny stuff, and I quite simply lack the wit to do it myself. Besides, I do everything (and i mean everything) around here. I need a break!

Dave check ur damn private messages! :)

Do you really think that someone should be rewarded with a free months supply of any hairloss treatment for, "giving the worst advice"?
Yes, because no doubt he will be using Vitamin B12 as his core regimen component, and it will only cost me $2

HairLossTalk.com

The Gardener

Reaction score
I agree about the award for "scientific knowledge". Instead of a general "most knowledgeable", perhaps it should have a more technical slant? Kind of like the Oscar awards for "technical merit". Perhaps a title more along the lines of "HairLossTalk.com Award for Scientific Merit"?

Oh, oh, oh!!! One more great award! The Best Post of the Year award.