MVN Awards

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
S Foote. said:
Dave001 said:
[quote="The Gardener":bf065]I nominate Bryan and S. Foote for best gunfight performance in a Western.

S. Foote as the Man with No Bullets.

I nominate Dave001 for `pretend scientist' of the year for his steadfast refusal to debate the issues, just hoping that his `techno-babble' will pass for science and fool people :wink: [/quote:bf065]

An empty challenge with no item for debate. New day, same spew. Your fingerpaintings of soft and fluffy pseudoscience were tragically made publicly available by you years ago, yet still lack the esteem of a gold star.

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dave001 said:
S Foote. said:
Dave001 said:
[quote="The Gardener":a7115]I nominate Bryan and S. Foote for best gunfight performance in a Western.

I nominate Dave001 for `pretend scientist' of the year for his steadfast refusal to debate the issues, just hoping that his `techno-babble' will pass for science and fool people :wink:

An empty challenge with no item for debate. New day, same spew. Your fingerpaintings of soft and fluffy pseudoscience were tragically made publicly available by you years ago, yet still lack the esteem of a gold star.[/quote:a7115]

I would point out the above meaningless babble to the awards judges, as yet further support of my original nomination. :roll:

S Foote.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
S Foote. said:
I would point out the above meaningless babble to the awards judges, as yet further support of my original nomination. :roll:

The meaning is fine; the interpreter is deficient.

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dave001 said:
S Foote. said:

The meaning is fine; the interpreter is deficient.

Yeah, and YOU have an obvious mental problem Dave.

Just for your information, this is how it works Dave. :roll:

Somebody posts something that someone else disagree's with. The person who disagree's explains `WHY' they disagree!!!!

The person that disagree's with a particular argument, does `NOT' just refuse to elabarate upon `WHY' they disagree, acting as if they are so much more knowledgable than other people, that their word alone is all that matters and everyone should just believe them!!

Such a person is generaly considered by onlookers, to be just a sad attention seeking individual, in need of psychiatric help!

Just a hint there for you Dave :wink:

S Foote.

The Gardener

Reaction score
OK, it is Gardener the Moderator speaking here...

Let's get the topic of this discussion BACK onto MVN candidates. Now.

One more peep from either of you at each other and I'll pull this car over and make you push.

Seriously guys, enough. You're tone is starting to get a bit personal.

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
OK, it is Gardener the Moderator speaking here...

Let's get the topic of this discussion BACK onto MVN candidates. Now.

One more peep from either of you at each other and I'll pull this car over and make you push.

Seriously guys, enough. You're tone is starting to get a bit personal.

Fair enough, but just note that i made no comment until i was personally insulted here!

Please allow me to point out that behind the humour of this thread, there is a more serious issue.

This is the desperation that a lot of people suffering from male pattern baldness feel, and their willingness to just go along with anything they percieve as `expert' or `scientific' knowledge.

Information about the `TRUE' scientific process is out there on the net. I reccomend people educate themselves about this.

As someone of 53 years old who has been there and done that in trying to treat my hair loss, i object to the pretend scientists that just pose on these forums, and distract from genuine debate in the subject we are all interested in.

S Foote.

The Gardener

Reaction score
And, your contributions are appreciated. I enjoy reading the scientific debate threads.

But, back to the matter at hand, do you have any categories worthy of an MVN consideration?

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
But, back to the matter at hand, do you have any categories worthy of an MVN consideration?

Are MVNs restricted to people, or can usages and abusages of the HairLossTalk.com language receive nominations as well? E.g., most infamous HairLossTalk.com phrase (nominees might include the lovable DHT inhibitor).

Old Baldy

Reaction score
S Foote. said:
Dave001 said:
[quote="The Gardener":79200]I nominate Bryan and S. Foote for best gunfight performance in a Western.

I nominate Dave001 for `pretend scientist' of the year for his steadfast refusal to debate the issues, just hoping that his `techno-babble' will pass for science and fool people :wink:

S Foote.[/quote:79200]

Stephen: Dave has helped me IMMENSELY with treatments, making concoctions, info. on male pattern baldness, etc. It isn't fair or correct to attack him this way. It diminishes your credibility.

Now if you said Old Baldy is a WACKO, that would be different! :lol:

(I know Dave "started it" but he is VERY knowledgable and helpful IMHO. I'll always defend him when he is attacked in a way that says he knows nothing about male pattern baldness. Just isn't true. Not by a long shot.)

Needless to say my vote goes to Dave001. Bryan and Dave are "tied" IMHO but WHERE is Bryan???

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
[quote="S Foote.":389b3]
Dave001 said:
[quote="The Gardener":389b3]I nominate Bryan and S. Foote for best gunfight performance in a Western.

S Foote.[/quote:389b3]

Stephen: Dave has helped me IMMENSELY with treatments, making concoctions, info. on male pattern baldness, etc. It isn't fair or correct to attack him this way. It diminishes your credibility.

Now if you said Old Baldy is a WACKO, that would be different! :lol:

(I know Dave "started it" but he is VERY knowledgable and helpful IMHO. I'll always defend him when he is attacked in a way that says he knows nothing about male pattern baldness. Just isn't true. Not by a long shot.)

Needless to say my vote goes to Dave001. Bryan and Dave are "tied" IMHO but WHERE is Bryan???[/quote:389b3]

For the record, i have no problem with Dave's obvious knowledge of chemistry, or prescribing advice based on the currently used substances. He is also knowledgable on the body of studies relating to male pattern baldness as is Bryan.

But just `knowing' pre-existing information discovered by others, doesn't make someone a scientist, or even `scientific' does it!

The danger in having an MVN award for "The most scientific person" is that such a `badge' on a poster would mislead newbie's into thinking they have a `proven' scientific expertise when this would `NOT' be true, and i include myself here!

I am not saying that Dave or Bryans advice is `wrong', in the context of the current theory. I am saying that i think the current theory is `wrong' .
I argue the reasons why i think the current theory is wrong, and i propose my own theory as you know.

My problem with Dave is that he likes to call me an idiot and my theory rubbish, `infering' some kind of scientific expertise. But every time he is challenged to produce some `hard' science to back his opinion, he just refuses to debate the matter! Would you consider that to be a scientific attitude?

So i think you are wrong to accuse me of `attacking' Dave, i just reserve the right to self defense, as anyone else would.

S Foote.

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
And, your contributions are appreciated. I enjoy reading the scientific debate threads.

I think people have suggested most of the good `categories', but i don't think a "Most scientific" award is a good idea, as i say in my post to Old Baldy.

Regards.

S Foote.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
SE-freak said:
neiltom88 said:
and surely Gayest Thread Award
Oh, I am a nominee for sure then.

Freak - I'm afraid to ask - not that there's anything wrong with that of course :)

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
S Foote. said:
For the record, i have no problem with Dave's obvious knowledge of chemistry

I have very little chemistry knowledge (I reserve the right to make installations and upgrades to such knowledge in the future). You have been deceived by a 2-D molecular diagram of testosterone.

S Foote. said:
I am not saying that Dave or Bryans advice is `wrong', in the context of the current theory. I am saying that i think the current theory is `wrong' .
I argue the reasons why i think the current theory is wrong, and i propose my own theory as you know.

The most dangerous people are those who don't even know what they don't know.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
S Foote. said:
I think people have suggested most of the good `categories', but i don't think a "Most scientific" award is a good idea, as i say in my post to Old Baldy.

Frighteningly, I agree, although for somewhat different reasons.

G

Best Theory Based on Empirical Experience

The Nominee’s theory must be derived from “experimentsâ€￾ performed upon
themselves. Experiment is loosely defined; there is no scientific merit required.
Nominees need not be aware that they are considered a candidate.