MVN Awards

G

OK someone is messing with my Avatar. Where is my red cross on white?

Zim

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I know who deserves the `most pretentious poster` award.

Petchsky

Reaction score
noonebutme said:
I hope you mean me Zimmy, cause I try hard!

Yeah sure, you got to be in the running, but you have tough competition with Dave01 and tourdeforce. Though pretentious doesn't completely describe the aforementioned posters

:D Happy days

G

Petchsky said:
noonebutme said:

Yeah sure, you got to be in the running, but you have tough competition with Dave01 and tourdeforce. Though pretentious doesn't completely describe the aforementioned posters

Most arrogant?

Petchsky

Reaction score
noonebutme said:
Petchsky said:
noonebutme said:

Most arrogant?

Yeah that too, i think it will be a clean sweep for you. :hairy:

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
noonebutme said:

Pretentious? Now that's something I've never been accused of. What you really mean is that something I once said contradicted you, and it's still bothering you. Get over it.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Dave001 said:
Petchsky said:
noonebutme said:

What you really mean is that something I once said contradicted you, and it's still bothering you. Get over it.

Thanks for the advice, but contradicting me has nothing to do with it. I simply think you’re an insufferable bore, but I’m not in the mood to be negative so...pleasure reading your posts Dave001.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Thanks for the advice, but contradicting me has nothing to do with it. I simply think you’re an insufferable bore, but I’m not in the mood to be negative so...pleasure reading your posts Dave001.
They are insufferably boring enough at approximately 0.5 posts/day to compel you to waste our bandwidth with your inconsequential opinions of them.

Deaner

Reaction score
Dave, quit trying to sound smart with your basic (perhaps intermediate) grasp of the English language.. unless of course that's how you talk to people on a constant basis. In all honesty, I think you'd get carved a lot less if you took the Captain Anglais routine down a notch and resorted to talking more casually. You wouldn't come across as an arrogant and pompous know-it-all.

But that's just my 2 cents, feel free to disagree with what I predict will be another exercise in excess eloquence.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
Dave, quit trying to sound smart with your basic (perhaps intermediate) grasp of the English language.. unless of course that's how you talk to people on a constant basis. In all honesty, I think you'd get carved a lot less if you took the Captain Anglais routine down a notch and resorted to talking more casually. You wouldn't come across as an arrogant and pompous know-it-all.

Hey Weaner, this is standard English as it's spoken America. Do I tell you how to speak Slum?

Deaner said:
But that's just my 2 cents, feel free to disagree with what I predict will be another exercise in excess eloquence.

Keep the change.

Deaner

Reaction score
Dave001 said:
They are insufferably boring enough at approximately 0.5 posts/day to compel you to waste our bandwidth with your inconsequential opinions of them.

Standard english as it's spoken in America? You speak like that all day long? Okay there Robonerdatron, see you at the next Chess club meeting.

TheOliviaTremorControl

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesus Gardener, please tell me that isn't really YOU wearing a lime-green full bodied thong? Banned. Banned from the internet. Banned for life.

Come to mention it, it is rather mesmerizing... where might I pick one of those up? How much do they cost? How much do *YOU* cost?

Anyway, this catagory doesn't really apply to this forum, but I think the "Most Alive And Kicking Award" should be given to Thomas Hagerty for somehow being less senile than many 50 year olds I've met, despite being 75 or something. Seriously, that guy is witty.

There should be an award for most in-the-dark poster. People that know absolutely NOTHING about hair or hairloss.
I have a friend who is sure he knows about hair. He always checks his hat for hairs when he takes it off, to make sure none "fell out". I told him that everyday shedding is a natural thing. He's the kind of guy that you're like "Dude, you know there ARE solutions" (propecia, rogaine), but he's 100% sure that hairloss is incurable. He obsesses all the time too, whenever I am at his house he is like "lets see your hairline" like he wants to compare who's is worse or something.
I haven't been here very long, but I'm very sure that we have forum members like that.

Or how about the "I eat 100 pounds of red meat a month because protein is good for you. Why is my hair shedding?" award?

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
Standard english as it's spoken in America? You speak like that all day long? Okay there Robonerdatron, see you at the next Chess club meeting.

OK. I'll look for the board with the King in the front row.

How do you pronounce "one"? Do you say "1", or "one"?