MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a quick update. Been taking msm 5-10 grams for 15 days, usually split at 8am then midday, no later to avoid insomnia, although the magnesium helps with this. Also spray bottle once or twice a day with 50 percent water 50 percent msm and some magnesium flakes. Then towel dry. Condition of hair is still a lot better than usual, grip texture etc. Very little shedding, almost none noticeable anyway. I'm posting a pic of my scalp, ive not taken a close up like this before but it genuinely looks like small dark hairs are sprouting in the pic. Doesn't look normal. This is midway from hairline to crown. And bear in mind I have considerable diffuse thinning for years. Time will tell. If its working I don't think I'll have to wait toView attachment 172425 long to see. Skin also feels and looks better since starting msm.

Will take some more in a few days when I have time.
Same results as me. I think this msm is great for diffuse thinning. Not saying it’s gonna regrow a juvenile hairline but I’ll take whatever tf it gives me.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gonna report on the few things I’ve noticed. Less scalp irritation. Hair feels stronger if that makes sense. Very subjective stuff but I’m taking it as good news for the three days that I’ve been doing it

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gonna report on the few things I’ve noticed. Less scalp irritation. Hair feels stronger if that makes sense. Very subjective stuff but I’m taking it as good news for the three days that I’ve been doing it
Welcome to the club brother man

Aston

Reaction score
Cool find!
I have this stuff for skin and joint benefits, so i'm gonna do this. Starting with 5 grams tomorrow morning with vit. C, see how well i tolerate it.

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good source (and not some random uncited article) for why vitamin C might be beneficial when combined with MSM? All I can find is a horse study on exercise induced oxidative stress.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good source (and not some random uncited article) for why vitamin C might be beneficial when combined with MSM? All I can find is a horse study on exercise induced oxidative stress.
Not sure about study, but I always take with Vit C. I’ve also upped to 20 grams per day. Gonna keep going until I hit 30

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like
I'll post my temple to keep track of progress in the vain hope that it might some day be NW0, I don't think it was this hairy before at all I believed it to be a barren spot. But I think small terminals are pretty obvious along with several light hairs. I don't believe it'll actually happen but never know right?

I'm at the end of my 3rd 10 day bottle, taking 12g a day orally and these days using about 3tbsp of MSM in 300ml. It might be anecdotal evidence but I feel like progress is faster when I eat actual oranges instead of just absorbic acid pills. Few things to note:

Hair feels very strong
Forearm follicles have doubled (can literally see the tiny hairs just sprouting)
Eyebrows keep sprouting new hairs
Thigh hairs have spontaneously appeared (very curious I kinda want to upload pic, bunch of dark spots now where usually was just cold bumps)
Random new terminals around the scalp, usually near already existing hairs

It's a Rollercoaster I admit, have some days when I just don't see new light hairs getting thicker, other days when you notice all the new hair and get hopeful. I'll just stick to it
Show us ur thighs bro

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
MSM is f*****g weird
Bro I can only hope it's doing the same all throughout the scalp and not just in observable areas, and that's why it feels so strong when I run my hand through my hair. It's demoralizing checking every single morning and evening I admit but God damn it's also hard to deny what it's doing, so I'll keep to what I said and stay on it for at least 4 months. I'll update after another 3 bottles maybe, best of luck to you
im upping the dose to 20 grams daily. Gonna try to get to 30 eventually

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll post my temple to keep track of progress in the vain hope that it might some day be NW0, I don't think it was this hairy before at all I believed it to be a barren spot. But I think small terminals are pretty obvious along with several light hairs. I don't believe it'll actually happen but never know right?

I'm at the end of my 3rd 10 day bottle, taking 12g a day orally and these days using about 3tbsp of MSM in 300ml. It might be anecdotal evidence but I feel like progress is faster when I eat actual oranges instead of just absorbic acid pills. Few things to note:

Hair feels very strong
Forearm follicles have doubled (can literally see the tiny hairs just sprouting)
Eyebrows keep sprouting new hairs
Thigh hairs have spontaneously appeared (very curious I kinda want to upload pic, bunch of dark spots now where usually was just cold bumps)
Random new terminals around the scalp, usually near already existing hairs

It's a Rollercoaster I admit, have some days when I just don't see new light hairs getting thicker, other days when you notice all the new hair and get hopeful. I'll just stick to it
Hoe are you making your topical ? Is it just MSM an water ?