MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it turn anyone else’s hair greyish ? I seem to get more grey on the sides
Turned my hair darker. So darker hair will show gray more prominently. I haven’t noticed that it has caused any gray hairs….I’ll take gray over bald tho lol.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A few pics I just took

Attachments

• 95574424-A657-4706-A866-67D432FAB576.jpeg
    95574424-A657-4706-A866-67D432FAB576.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 241
  • 4C3068BE-6A94-4B57-855B-6B9063703E8B.jpeg
    4C3068BE-6A94-4B57-855B-6B9063703E8B.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 243
  • D89524D2-F04D-40E0-AE71-B53F2D583179.jpeg
    D89524D2-F04D-40E0-AE71-B53F2D583179.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 245

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a pic I'm finally taking, I tried to take some earlier before pics but they were too grainy and useless

In case anyone's wondering why I say progress is undeniable by now for me, every single hair that isn't thick stark black didn't exist before MSM

Edit: Skeptical as I am though I'll only have real hope once they are exactly like my normal hairs then I'll know it's actually capable of developing significant density
You can clearly see the hairs, I wish you had a before photo and something to compare it to.

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my worry is that MSM is just growing out inadequate hairs without developing them, time will tell
This is my guess. There's another study with women that showed increased thickness. So I'm thinking it increases anagen and thickness of existing hairs. Which would still be pretty good for a cheap, safe supplement.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, I would like to report the following: After 10 days of taking this, I experienced side effects that worsened every day with headaches, buzzing in my ears and aching pain/spasms in my abdomen. The last few days I had diarrhea. After discontinuing the course it was as if it had never happened. It seems that I have taken an overdose, therefore the decision to reduce the dosage to 10 grams per day, remember that I took 15 grams of MSM with vitamin C. I really want to bring the experiment to an end. Who has news/results?

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are most of you guys taking MSM in pill form? I tried dissolving a few teaspoons of MSM powder in my morning coffee or protein shake and it has a rather bad aftertaste.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are most of you guys taking MSM in pill form? I tried dissolving a few teaspoons of MSM powder in my morning coffee or protein shake and it has a rather bad aftertaste.
Many people, like me, take the powder. It tastes bitter.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think bio supplements, like many medications, affect everyone differently and a lot depends on the person, their height/weight, gastric absorption patterns, etc..
For example I weigh 154lbs and 10gm MSM is enough for me, and vice versa, someone else would need more, or less. That's why the dosage should not be universally accepted, but should be selected on the basis of the data, individually.
engelbert humperdinck how much do you weigh and how tall are you?

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a quick update. Been taking msm 5-10 grams for 15 days, usually split at 8am then midday, no later to avoid insomnia, although the magnesium helps with this. Also spray bottle once or twice a day with 50 percent water 50 percent msm and some magnesium flakes. Then towel dry. Condition of hair is still a lot better than usual, grip texture etc. Very little shedding, almost none noticeable anyway. I'm posting a pic of my scalp, ive not taken a close up like this before but it genuinely looks like small dark hairs are sprouting in the pic. Doesn't look normal. This is midway from hairline to crown. And bear in mind I have considerable diffuse thinning for years. Time will tell. If its working I don't think I'll have to wait to
20211112_225924~2.jpg
long to see. Skin also feels and looks better since starting msm.

Will take some more in a few days when I have time.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you put 25 gm MSM per 50 ml of water = 50%?
Its not anything specific. Basically half filled a small bowl with msm powder, then filled to top with warm water and mixed, so it's not exactly 50 50 but close and I'm not a huge believer in exact repeat dosages with anything. Then poured into an old sea salt spray bottle. Ive been doing similar with magnesium flakes dissolved in water, so added some of this to msn bottle to save time. Probably about 3/4 msm mixture and 1/4 magnesium mixture in final mix, but I get a feeling dosage isn't to important as long as your getting more than enough. I spray and leave for 5 or 10 minutes then usually towel dry if its saturated to avoid build up on scalp. Also spray and leave before washing hair. Also occasionaly give hair a brush with a tangle brush which has the small bristles to kind of massage and again stop build up. Also to add I upped my vit c intake when I started taking msm and also use a seperate magnesium spray at night (avoid insomnia) along with putting a lot magnesium in bath. So 1 bottle msm and magnesium chloride and 1 bottle just magnesium chloride.