MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did post a close up picture in this thread close to the start showing new hairs from MSM as did several others. But I'm hoping some of these have just shed pretty quickly, have a lot of baby hairs so hoping they will eventually mature in future hair cycles.

Defnitely a case of general better hair condition and volume. I do also use a lot of magnesium and dead sea salt but only started MSM 2 months ago and this has coincided with recent results. Time will tell but looks good so far for me and many others on here.

Looking to add derma stamp (and bin derma roller) and start using MSM topical did this for first few weeks don't know why I stopped to be honest especially since I had new growth. I'll let yous know if this further enhances things.
Have you noticed that your scalp is less itchy ever since taking oral MSM?

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been needling two to three times a week at around 2mm , Zix with arginine add twic a day , 10 mg oral miox in the morning , topical minoxidil twice a day , 2.5 mg of finasteried , Ketoconazole shampoo twice a week and 25.000 grams of MSM twice a day . Guys I am almost 70 years old and I went from close to being bald too getting about 80% of my hair back doing this for a year . Sorry I dont have any before an after pictures to show you but you just have to take my word for it . I have no reason to come on here an lie to anyone . I swear to god this is working for me .
Glad to hear but everyone in this thread starting another treatment at the same time or within 1 year timespan before should stay out of posting their experience here towards MSM. It makes no sense

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read the whole thread and yet no really positive experiences despite Kidbako. Although it seems his pictures are taken with a totally different hair lenght

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did post a close up picture in this thread close to the start showing new hairs from MSM as did several others. But I'm hoping some of these have just shed pretty quickly, have a lot of baby hairs so hoping they will eventually mature in future hair cycles.

Defnitely a case of general better hair condition and volume. I do also use a lot of magnesium and dead sea salt but only started MSM 2 months ago and this has coincided with recent results. Time will tell but looks good so far for me and many others on here.

Looking to add derma stamp (and bin derma roller) and start using MSM topical did this for first few weeks don't know why I stopped to be honest especially since I had new growth. I'll let yous know if this further enhances things.
thanks

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read the whole thread and yet no really positive experiences despite Kidbako. Although it seems his pictures are taken with a totally different hair lenght
Eh?

I just had a quick look back through this thread, stopped at page 7 by this point 3 seperate users posted close up pictures of new hair growth. There's at least 10 more users who reported drastically reduces shedding, more volume, more energy, increased libido and less joint pain.

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear but everyone in this thread starting another treatment at the same time or within 1 year timespan before should stay out of posting their experience here towards MSM. It makes no sense
Ive talked about MSM being in my stack . Read it again .

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive talked about MSM being in my stack . Read it again .
But we cant know if msm has helped your hair or not you need to first have been on your other treatments for a year and have maximised your hair growth. And THEN add in msm and see if it thickens the hair even more that is his point dude.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
MSM actually cured my hair loss. I have a full head of hair one year after falling into a vat of msm at the msm plant
Wonderful contribution, just the kind we need on a promising thread. Loves this type of random comment to scare away new male pattern baldness sufferers from something can may potentially help them in some way.

PS Nobody has claimed MSM cures hairloss.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wonderful contribution, just the kind we need on a promising thread. Loves this type of random comment to scare away new male pattern baldness sufferers from something can may potentially help them in some way.

PS Nobody has claimed MSM cures hairloss.
I took msm for years with no results. I still take it, but it doesn't do anything for Androgenetic Alopecia only Telogen Effluvium

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
But we cant know if msm has helped your hair or not you need to first have been on your other treatments for a year and have maximised your hair growth. And THEN add in msm and see if it thickens the hair even more that is his point dude.
You just got to take my word for it Dude . Sense I started MSM it has helped thicken up my hair . You have to do everything at my age . Dude !

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took msm for years with no results. I still take it, but it doesn't do anything for Androgenetic Alopecia only Telogen Effluvium
Everyone's different. Also you may not have mega dosed which is the main theme of this thread. I agree its probably diffuse thinning that MSM helps with most, but that's still a huge thing in terms of hairloss. I don't think many clinical trials have been done on large doses if any at all.

Reactions: 300

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone's different. Also you may not have mega dosed which is the main theme of this thread. I agree its probably diffuse thinning that MSM helps with most, but that's still a huge thing in terms of hairloss. I don't think many clinical trials have been done on large doses if any at all.
The dose is irrelevant as long as it's enough to makrle for any deficiency you have. Having more won't make a difference as it doesn't target the causes of Androgenetic Alopecia.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm two and half weeks in at 15g a day, I'm probably shedding more than prior to starting. I've also started zix & started biotin again, still on oral minoxidil & needling , nizoral shampoo. I don't know if this shedding is temporary while the MSM / Zix kicks in. Not that hopeful

The only methods that can actually save your hair will either kill your dick or turn you into a woman. F*ck this

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The dose is irrelevant as long as it's enough to makrle for any deficiency you have. Having more won't make a difference as it doesn't target the causes of Androgenetic Alopecia.
You can't make blanket statements like that. Finasteride & minoxidil don't work for some people. For others it gives them a full head of hair. You just don't know.

I have seen real regrowth since starting MSM, and I've posted photographs. Having said that, yes it seems unlikely that MSM will give any drastic results and possibly none at all. In my case it's probably just the minoxidil doing it's thing (I'm not even using a DHT inhibitor yet). But still, you just don't know. I'm just exemplifying that everyone is different.

One of the other posters seemed to regrow almost all his hair since starting MSM (the OP).

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I said I'd post progress pictures here since starting MSM.

The hair length is a bit different and the light & photo quality also slightly different. However I think there is a fairly clear improvement and maybe even a little regrowth. :)

That much said ... whether it's due to MSM is debatable. I also started Minoxidil 5% roughly 4 months ago, so if there is an improvement, it's probably that.

Unrelated, but I started topical finasteride today too @ 0.03%.

2022-01-05-comprison-2022-01-12.png

Last edited:

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great pictures, but as are already in this stage, do us a favour and continue MSM only for 4 months. Thx :p