MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eh?

I just had a quick look back through this thread, stopped at page 7 by this point 3 seperate users posted close up pictures of new hair growth. There's at least 10 more users who reported drastically reduces shedding, more volume, more energy, increased libido and less joint pain.

You are probably in another thread or parallel universe. The last 7 pages only fateelephant posted something and he started minoxidil. Maybe 5 users you Included stated something positive about their hair but no pictures before and after.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok quick update. Hair thickness and quality better. Not on any meds. Quit finasteride and minoxidil about a month or so ago. No shedding. Been about 5-6 months. Couldn’t find first order from Amazon so my best guesstimate. Also using the magnesium/msm topical.

Attachments

• 7A3E2F5B-0E7F-49ED-B213-D5116A30D071.jpeg
    7A3E2F5B-0E7F-49ED-B213-D5116A30D071.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 202

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok quick update. Hair thickness and quality better. Not on any meds. Quit finasteride and minoxidil about a month or so ago. No shedding. Been about 5-6 months. Couldn’t find first order from Amazon so my best guesstimate. Also using the magnesium/msm topical.
i dont see the amelioration with your msm ?

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers for the update, progress looking good. I'm also still using magnesium topical and literally just started msm again topical yesterday. Hair texture and volume is insane compared to pre MSM. No concealer this week for first time in years.

Last edited:

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are probably in another thread or parallel universe. The last 7 pages only fateelephant posted something and he started minoxidil. Maybe 5 users you Included stated something positive about their hair but no pictures before and after

'I had a look back through the thread' as in I started from page one and within the first 7 pages there were three users (myself included) who posted close ups of new hairs. I didnt post before pic as wasn't expecting anything. The positive comments continue for many pages but it's a bit flooded with other stuff now.

Nothing works for everyone but trust me my hair is in the best condition for years. MSM (5-10g)magnesium and dead sea salt (topical and in all water used for washing hair) is the only thing I've recently added, MSM 2 months ago the magnesium about 6 months ago.

Just started MSM topical which I'm going to do twice per week possibly with derma stamp.

No finasteride minoxidil or nizoral.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The dose is irrelevant as long as it's enough to makrle for any deficiency you have. Having more won't make a difference as it doesn't target the causes of Androgenetic Alopecia.
Okay, maybe were all making it up, let's just get our 1g rda of sulphur and forget about MSM supplements because its not a proven anti androgen?

I took MSM years ago when it was in a glucosamine supplement and noticed zero difference.

This time after a week or so on high dose I felt like I could run a marathon.

Not that I use it but Minoxidil isn't anti androgen, it works through increasing blood flow, and dosage is vital. If you see this as targeting the cause of AA do you not also see inflammation as a cause?

20 years browsing these forums and I'm sticking to this. Feel free to do whatever you want but please leave this thread for the people who are actually experimenting (mostly successfully) with MSM.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil doesn't work through increasing blood flow. It has many mechanisms of action, but that is not one since many drugs that increase blood flow so not increase hair growth.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. Your hair looks much better.

That magnesium/msm topical, I got the same one as you ... does that burn the f--k out of your head? lol. :D It burns like nothing else for me. I made the mistake of putting in after micro-needling once. Gayzus. My head was on fire.

Big A

My Regimen
Reaction score
What Topical are u using? Is it a premixed version you can buy somewhere or is it mixed by yourself? If so, how do you mix it?
Update on my MSM experience: Using it since round about 6 weeks. Hair feels good and less sebum then before. But Shedding is pretty intense at the moment.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I said I'd post progress pictures here since starting MSM.

The hair length is a bit different and the light & photo quality also slightly different. However I think there is a fairly clear improvement and maybe even a little regrowth. :)

That much said ... whether it's due to MSM is debatable. I also started Minoxidil 5% roughly 4 months ago, so if there is an improvement, it's probably that.

Unrelated, but I started topical finasteride today too @ 0.3%.

View attachment 174959

What Topical are u using? Is it a premixed version you can buy somewhere or is it mixed by yourself? If so, how do you mix it?
Update on my MSM experience: Using it since round about 6 weeks. Hair feels good and less sebum then before. But Shedding is pretty intense at the moment.
I feel i shed more too wtf?

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

MSM combined with Magnesium ascorbyl has a lot of potential too
It's interesting. The problem with mice studies is that it seems virtually everything regrows hair on mice. Seriously. I don't know why they bother.

Why not just do the study on people? It's not like topical Magnesium is going to kill anyone.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are you guys getting your premixed topical Magnesium + MSM from ?
I got it online, but live in Sweden, so it probably won't help you much. But this is the brand, and the same brand I believe the OP (for the US?) used. It burns like sh-t when I put it on.

I haven't been using it that much to be honest. I doubt it does much and I've been putting so much sh-t on my head lately.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got it online, but live in Sweden, so it probably won't help you much. But this is the brand, and the same brand I believe the OP (for the US?) used. It burns like sh-t when I put it on.

I haven't been using it that much to be honest. I doubt it does much and I've been putting so much sh-t on my head lately.

Yeah man back in the day I put alot of sh*t on my head so annoying. Never again. Visste ej du var svensk kul att se.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. Your hair looks much better.

That magnesium/msm topical, I got the same one as you ... does that burn the f--k out of your head? lol. :D It burns like nothing else for me. I made the mistake of putting in after micro-needling once. Gayzus. My head was on fire.
Lol. Yea after a microneedle session would be a burn fest. But yea it did burn the first couple times but not anymore. Lately I like to spray on and let my hair marinate an hour or so before I shower it off. Hairs a bit sticky if I leave in.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i meant that i don't see results
Ok. I was trying to take the worst pics with my hair combed up showing bare spots. Now with a few shots of concealer and my hair combed down. This is how I go about.

Attachments

• 17EA5F90-BADD-45F9-9046-33E9D11FEDA8.jpeg
    17EA5F90-BADD-45F9-9046-33E9D11FEDA8.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 202

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Msm powder and bath salts Magnesium sulfate and/or chloride from drug store, sometimes called epsom salts. I mix about quarter bag so about 100g magnesium, 10g MSM In about 500ml slightly cooled boiled water and stir then pour into a spray bottle. I use this once a day but also have separate spray bottle with magnesium and dead sea salt, dead sea salt gives amazing volume and also helps lower sebum. Shedding is lowest its ever been.

I also put the magnesium and dead sea salt into every bath and jug of water to wash hair if im showering.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok. I was trying to take the worst pics with my hair combed up showing bare spots. Now with a few shots of concealer and my hair combed down. This is how I go about.
Looks great mate really glad I jumped on this when you started the thread.

I also recommend adding a bit of dead sea bath salts to your mix, its optional imo but really helps with even more volume and texture. Also has antifungal properties and seems to lower sebum.