MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
MSM is usless for hair. I used even organic MSM powder for years with vitamin C hair kept getting thinner People here are so desperate and delusional its unreal. It didnt even reduce my shedding.
dude can u give us the details on the MSM brand and types u used?

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been needling two to three times a week at around 2mm , Zix with arginine add twic a day , 10 mg oral miox in the morning , topical minoxidil twice a day , 2.5 mg of finasteried , Ketoconazole shampoo twice a week and 25.000 grams of MSM twice a day . Guys I am almost 70 years old and I went from close to being bald too getting about 80% of my hair back doing this for a year . Sorry I dont have any before an after pictures to show you but you just have to take my word for it . I have no reason to come on here an lie to anyone . I swear to god this is working for me .

Last edited:

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been needling two to three times a week at around 2mm , Zix with arginine add twic a day , 10 mg oral miox in the morning , topical minoxidil twice a day , Ketoconazole shampoo twice a week and 25.000 mg of MSM twice a day . Guys I am almost 70 years old and I went from close to being bald too getting about 80% of my hair back doing this for a year . Sorry I dont have any before an after pictures to show you but I have no reason to come on here an lie to anyone . I swear to god this is working for me .
25mg of MSM is almost nothing. Do you mean 25g?

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been needling two to three times a week at around 2mm , Zix with arginine add twic a day , 10 mg oral miox in the morning , topical minoxidil twice a day , Ketoconazole shampoo twice a week and 25.000 mg of MSM twice a day . Guys I am almost 70 years old and I went from close to being bald too getting about 80% of my hair back doing this for a year . Sorry I dont have any before an after pictures to show you but you just have to take my word for it . I have no reason to come on here an lie to anyone . I swear to god this is working for me .
That’s impressive and respect for still fighting baldness, but.. im positive that oral minoxidil is doing 90% of the hard carry there.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been needling two to three times a week at around 2mm , Zix with arginine add twic a day , 10 mg oral miox in the morning , topical minoxidil twice a day , Ketoconazole shampoo twice a week and 25.000 mg of MSM twice a day . Guys I am almost 70 years old and I went from close to being bald too getting about 80% of my hair back doing this for a year . Sorry I dont have any before an after pictures to show you but you just have to take my word for it . I have no reason to come on here an lie to anyone . I swear to god this is working for me .
Wow needling at a whopping 2mm needle length two to three Times a week, you use a dermaroller or a derma stamp? You should only needle once a week with a 1.5mm to let your skin have time to fully heal or it can cause skin scarring if you needle again on damaged skin. But kudos to you old champ. What do you think helped the most of all the things you use? 25,000mg is ridiculously high man. I only use 4,000mg atm. And thats 4 big tablets. Gonna have to up my dose to at least 5,000mg twice a day.

Last edited:

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great to hear this. Im not a responder to minoxidil, tried 15 years ago and never again but works for a lot of people. Also hate Nizoral, however having used L arginine on and off for years and MSM last couple months I can also personally vouch for them both, also occasional needing once a fortnight for last 2 years.

Sounds like you found a powerfull regime that works for you.

The last few weeks have been the first in 10 years I can confidently leave house without any concealers.

100 percent linked to the recent inclusion of MSM to my regime along with continued use of magnesium and reducing oil/sebum. Eyebrows and beard MUCH fuller also. Also more body hair which doesn't bother me.

Seems to me that for those who use minoxidil MSM enhances results. For those of us that don't use minoxidil then MSM on its own is helping a great deal also.

But for those using minoxidil then adding MSM and seeing better results, if your sure it's just the Minoxidil then drop MSM and see how it goes, Im pretty sure it won't go well.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats. What does “close to being bald” mean exactly? Could you elaborate or give us a Norwood level? Did your hairloss begin later in life?

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats. What does “close to being bald” mean exactly? Could you elaborate or give us a Norwood level? Did your hairloss begin later in life?
I have been loosing my hair senceI was 30 . You could see my whole scalp a year ago now just a little in the back but that is now filling in .

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Great to hear this. Im not a responder to minoxidil, tried 15 years ago and never again but works for a lot of people. Also hate Nizoral, however having used L arginine on and off for years and MSM last couple months I can also personally vouch for them both, also occasional needing once a fortnight for last 2 years.

Sounds like you found a powerfull regime that works for you.

The last few weeks have been the first in 10 years I can confidently leave house without any concealers.

100 percent linked to the recent inclusion of MSM to my regime along with continued use of magnesium and reducing oil/sebum. Eyebrows and beard MUCH fuller also. Also more body hair which doesn't bother me.

Seems to me that for those who use minoxidil MSM enhances results. For those of us that don't use minoxidil then MSM on its own is helping a great deal also.

But for those using minoxidil then adding MSM and seeing better results, if your sure it's just the Minoxidil then drop MSM and see how it goes, Im pretty sure it won't go well.
It helps because MSM makes the hair that you have grown from needling , minoxidil and zix . Much thicker and fuller .

Last edited:

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow needling at a whopping 2mm needle length two to three Times a week, you use a dermaroller or a derma stamp? You should only needle once a week with a 1.5mm to let your skin have time to fully heal or it can cause skin scarring if you needle again on damaged skin. But kudos to you old champ. What do you think helped the most of all the things you use? 25,000mg is ridiculously high man. I only use 4,000mg atm. And thats 4 big tablets. Gonna have to up my dose to at least 5,000mg twice a day.
I use a stamp . I was using a dermapen but my hair is getting long now an it pulls out to much hair . I like the stamp much much better an got most of my growth with it .
I haven't had any problem needling two to three times a week . No scaring and no problems with 25 grams of Msm ether . I put it in a bottle an add about 3 oz of water . Drink it down twice a day . I am a runner and it's great for that . No joint pain but I do have one problem . The boner I get is sometimes to hard to handle
I have one more thing to say about needling .In Follaca's trials they are needling only once a week an getting results . I think the reason why they only trialing it once a week is because they are not going to keep get as many customers to come in twice a week for these kind of painfull and costly etreatments . They will get tired of this real quick . So thay are taking the most profitable approach an that's just doing it once a week . Three times a week may be to much for most but try twice a week . " Just my thoughts " Do a hard session then a few day later try needling a bit softer .

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a stamp . I was using a dermapen but my hair is getting long now an it pulls out to much hair . I like the stamp much much better an got most of my growth with it .
I haven't had any problem needling two to three times a week . No scaring and no problems with 25 grams of Msm ether . I put it in a bottle an add about 3 oz of water . Drink it down twice a day . I am a runner and it's great for that . No joint pain but I do have one problem . The boner I get is sometimes to hard to handle .
Dude stamping 2mm is very deep i use a derma stamp myself and it goes deep as hell and u bleed. I Stamped at 1.5mm and next day lots of shedding. U got balls to stamp 2mm. You got results from stamping because it enhances minoxidill absorption. On its own it wont do much some even claims worsening of their hair.

Last edited:

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude stamping 2mm is very deep i use a derma stamp myself and it goes deep as hell and u bleed. I Stamped at 1.5mm and next day lots of shedding. U got balls to stamp 2mm. You got results from stamping because it enhances minoxidill absorption. On its own it wont do much some even claims worsening of their hair.
I use 2mm an I don't get blood . Just don't push real had .

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't had any problem needling two to three times a week . No scaring and no problems with 25 grams of Msm ether . I put it in a bottle an add about 3 oz of water . Drink it down twice a day . I am a runner and it's great for that . No joint pain but I do have one problem . The boner I get is sometimes to hard to handle
I have one more thing to say about needling .In Follaca's trials they are needling only once a week an getting results . I think the reason why they only trialing it once a week is because they are not going to keep get as many customers to come in twice a week for these kind of painfull treatments . They will get tired of this real quick . So thay are taking the most profitable approach an that's just doing it once a week . Three times a week may be to much for most but try twice a week . " Just my thoughts " Do a hard session then a few day later try needling a bit softer .
Funny. Once a week is all that is needed dude. Its to let skin heal itself before you needle again or it can cause scarring like i told you before. You have no way of knowing if you have micro skin scarring have you had it looked at by a dermatologist? I Read a guy did on reddit and it showed skin scarring.

Last edited:

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I pushed it all the way into skin hard. Why wouldnt you. If you dont want the whole 2mm needle to enter your skin then use 1mm or 1.5 and push hard.
I push hard at 2mm but dude do what you think is right for you . Just exsplaning what I do but you do what you want . It's your head .