Microneedling Faqs: Procedures, Studies And Such

Nergenss

My Regimen
Reaction score
That much blood doesn't look healthy man. Are the wounds even get closed over night? And the chance to get an infection is just very high, if your whole head is bleeding.
I know, I don't know if I will repeat the treatment. On the other hand, I want to continue with what I have been treated with .. I thought maybe I bleed so much because I have a roller, maybe I will bleed less with a dermapen? The wounds are completely healed after about 5-7 days. I had redness in those areas all week.

Nergenss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ho-ly duck f*** man.
I do 2 mm and I get small blood dots and redness after 3-4 passes, but that's it. I don't know how that much blood at HALF that length is possible.
And as @Pephair said, the first needling thread was locked because of pics like this.
What does your procedure look like? You following the video of this post or something?

The instructional videos that I have seen are with a dermapen. I have a derma roller. What I do is i create an opening with a comb and then roll hard against it with the dermaroller. I want to be sure that the needles go in completely...

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The instructional videos that I have seen are with a dermapen. I have a derma roller. What I do is i create an opening with a comb and then roll hard against it with the dermaroller. I want to be sure that the needles go in completely...
I see. Still a whole lotta blood.
Any progress so far?
has anyone reported regrowth in slick bald areas?
@chen has pictures showing his 2 year journey using daily rolling, Minoxidil and Finasteride. Check it out!

Nergenss

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see. Still a whole lotta blood.
Any progress so far?

@chen has pictures showing his 2 year journey using daily rolling, Minoxidil and Finasteride. Check it out!

I have now done it about 4 times at intervals of 2-3 weeks. I have not seen any improvement on the contrary, I suddenly got a lot more hair loss. I just thought it was temporary.

I now intend to stop this rutin. Also because I bleed so much. I am going to order a dermapen and until then I will gently dermarollen on minoxidil every day ..

Thanks i will check it.

Alex820

My Regimen
Reaction score
Christ, the guy with the blood. Obviously doing something wrong, pal, and need to stop?

Bill_Russo,

Thanks a lot for doing this FAQ. Often getting hair related info is a huge pain in the ***, but you've helped massively with that, top stuff.

Do we need to sanitize the needle if it's only being used the once?

Numbing cream really necessary? The product site says pain should be minimal.

Last edited:

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we know if people have ever gotten results from using Rosemary when they weren't getting results from minoxidil? I'm asking because I took minoxidil for 6 months with no results and then another 6 with dermarolling and it didn't seem to be doing much. I've grown some new hairs; a ton of tiny blonde ones. I eventually quit minoxidil and I never lost the blonde hairs, but they don't seem to be getting any darker or thicker.

Also they're definitely not vellus hairs because they are longer and thicker, but just not visible unless up close.

SwirlySauce

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like I'm doing this wrong. I've been derma-stamping every few weeks with 1.5mm and occasionally 1.0mm. I get some amount of blood every time. Not huge amounts but more then a few pin pricks of blood. Usually I do a 2 - 5 passes over areas along the hairline.

I will say that I've started bleeding more since starting stamping. There was little blood at first it seemed like.

Anyway I've been doing this consistently for a few months now but I haven't really seen any changes to my hairline. Hair still looks like its receding/shedding.

I just hope I'm not making things worse for my hair.

Any thoughts?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this is exactly the type of injury you must seek. blood means healthy vascular network with less fibrotic tissue.
fibrotic scalps get this kind of blood after many sessions of wounding leading to the conclusion of an angiogenetic response.
angiogenesis is an important variable for thair regrowth BUT many more factors come into play.

remember, a scalp (thinning hair) that doesn't bleed with 1.5mm of needles means that is fully fibrotic. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987717310411

now let's all keep talking in a civilized manner.

View attachment 118242 View attachment 118243 View attachment 118244

I can't believe you guys barely get redness at 1.5 mm, I bleed like a stabbed monkey at 1 mm.

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is exactly the type of injury you must seek. blood means healthy vascular network with less fibrotic tissue.
fibrotic scalps get this kind of blood after many sessions of wounding leading to the conclusion of an angiogenetic response.
angiogenesis is an important variable for thair regrowth BUT many more factors come into play.

remember, a scalp (thinning hair) that doesn't bleed with 1.5mm of needles means that is fully fibrotic. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987717310411

now let's all keep talking in a civilized manner.
Atually I believe this is right.

I dermarolled my eyebrows too(I'm also having eyebrow alopecia in addition to those on the scalp) and found that they bled way heavier n easier than my temples. Needless to say, my eyebrows feel softer n more elastic with generous amounts of fat underneath, while my temples feels hard like a rock

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
in fact, I am sure, any regimen will have exponential regrowth given it is done on a healthy fully vascularised skin (hypodermis, dermis, epidermis). So our main goal is to microwound====> create a new network of "life" support to HF====> optimize blood viscosity while topically (not yet discovered vehicle with no systemic absorption) inhibiting 5ar.
This would solve permanently Androgenetic Alopecia.

regarding blood viscosity and minoxidil along with VEGF " Cutaneous blood flow was observed to increase after 10 to 15 minutes of applying topical minoxidil" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK278957/ (worth searching about more about substances that aid hair regrowth like MSM or other that have an effect on blood viscosity).

I am very close to a whole new approach. This time taking into consideration Dht molecular properties, capillaries getting smaller, and blood viscosity one can truly see a pattern which is multifactorial but can be slowed down.

Regression analysis between various blood properties and male pattern baldness positive subjects was always pointing to the truth.

it is impossible for dht molecules to leave HF environment if the vascular network keeps getting inflamed-extinct-fibrotic.

blood dynamics and male pattern baldness must be highly correlated

(the studies leading to clues is truly unlimited https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/08037051.2015.1111021)

Lastly to stay on topic please read this male pattern baldness dermarolling study as it is fairly new.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/08037051.2015.1111021

Last edited:

Jay_7862587

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll give a quick update already. I'm quite happy with the derminator 2, it works well. I can cover my head in 3-4 minutes: 1,5 mm on the "fast" setting already gives some blood/redness, which is the desired effect. It hurts a bit, but it's tolerable.
Next day there is a slight redness (visible on my hairline, my hair still covers my head for the most part) but I can cover it up by not styling my hair so I don't expect people to really notice. 2 day afterwards the final redness is gone.

I'm applying the liquid minoxidil once a day. This is drying out my scalp and hair a bit, and running over my forehead. Next time I'll buy the foam version probably.

I did a bit more research on topical (natural) "DHT-blockers", and I came out a bit confused/disappointed. Some essential oils like lavender and tea tree oil can apparently cause hormonal issues (gyno/breast growth). Peppermint (oil) is also a potent testosterone/DHT blocker (when ingested). Rosemary oil is also suggested here and there to be a DHT blocker...
Seems like a lot of these essential oils can have quite a bit of side effects. I already bought peppermint, rosemary and castor oil (stimulates PGE2) so I might apply a mix of those now and then but I'm a bit apprehensive now. Not sure if they'll have much effect on hair growth, I wish there were more studies on this (also testing hormonal levels, I don't want to have systemic effects).

Since it's been a couple of months I'll give another quick update:
I'm starting to see a lot of new hairs on my (previously slick) temples. Mostly vellus (thin) hairs, but some thicker hairs are also starting to form. Harder to see the progress on my crown... Hopefully in a couple of months the hairs have matured (thicker, blacker). I'll post some pictures then.

Some changes I've made in the meantime:
I've switched to twice daily minoxidil application on most days.
I'm applying a copper peptide solution before dermarolling, and on some days. It's quite expensive, but supposedly blocks inflammation (5AR), promotes hair growth... I'm surprised not more people are talking about this.
Maybe once a week I'm doing a vinegar wash to clean my scalp. Once a week I'm also applying some oils (mix of jojoba, rosemary and peppermint). Not sure how much effect this has but can't hurt much either. Bit of a hassle though.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Since it's been a couple of months I'll give another quick update:
I'm starting to see a lot of new hairs on my (previously slick) temples. Mostly vellus (thin) hairs, but some thicker hairs are also starting to form. Harder to see the progress on my crown... Hopefully in a couple of months the hairs have matured (thicker, blacker). I'll post some pictures then.

Some changes I've made in the meantime:
I've switched to twice daily minoxidil application on most days.
I'm applying a copper peptide solution before dermarolling, and on some days. It's quite expensive, but supposedly blocks inflammation (5AR), promotes hair growth... I'm surprised not more people are talking about this.
Maybe once a week I'm doing a vinegar wash to clean my scalp. Once a week I'm also applying some oils (mix of jojoba, rosemary and peppermint). Not sure how much effect this has but can't hurt much either. Bit of a hassle though.

"I'm applying a copper peptide solution before dermarolling, and on some days. It's quite expensive, but supposedly blocks inflammation (5AR), promotes hair growth... I'm surprised not more people are talking about this.".

Why people are not talking about copper peptides ?
It's simple....Copper peptide was already tested by people these, few years ago...
Tricomin solution and the famous "Folligen" solution...

I tried Folligen solution (hair signal, and hair cream) during 2 years on my hair....
It was totally bullshit !!!

I was like you, i had a lot of hype about these peptides...i spoke a lot with Dr Loren Pickard, the inventor and seller of these peptides...He's a total LYER and SCAMMER. I spoke with other people who tried these peptides : No one get a single result ( better tickness or regrowht).

I used it with : Dutasteride, minoxidil, Adenosine, VPA, Stemoxydine, dermaneedling...
NO RESULT.

Theses copper peptides are totally useless for male pattern baldness...You don't trust me ? Try it for 2 years...and you will see.
This Loren Pickard is just a scammer and a lyer.

Jay_7862587

My Regimen
Reaction score
"I'm applying a copper peptide solution before dermarolling, and on some days. It's quite expensive, but supposedly blocks inflammation (5AR), promotes hair growth... I'm surprised not more people are talking about this.".
Why people are not talking about copper peptides ?
It's simple....Copper peptide was already tested by people these, few years ago...
Tricomin solution and the famous "Folligen" solution...
I tried Folligen solution (hair signal, and hair cream) during 2 years on my hair....
It was totally bullshit !!!
I was like you, i ha a lot of hype about these peptides...i spoke a lot with Dr Loren Pickard, the inventor and seller of these peptides...He's a total LYER and SCAMMER. I spoke with other people who tried these peptides : No one get a single result ( better tickness or regrowht).
I used it with : Dutasteride, minoxidil, Adenosine, VPA, Stemoxydine, dermaneedling...
NO RESULT.
Theses copper peptides are totally useless for male pattern baldness...You don't trust me ? Try it for 2 years...and you will see.
This Loren Pickard is just a scammer and a lyer.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I should probably not rely on it too much. Seems there are a lot of topicals promoted that don't do much.
But on the other hand, there seems to be some research (done by other researchers as well). that indicates it can help a bit (specifically when before dermarolling): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_peptide_GHK-Cu#cite_note-34
I think I'll keep it as part of my regimen, I'll apply it before dermarolling and maybe one or two days after.
But probably minoxidil (and dermarolling) will do the brunt of the work.