Microneedling Faqs: Procedures, Studies And Such

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the faster the speed of the pen, the faster you can drag it across your skin. If it’s moving slowly you have to give it more time on each part of the area you want to cover to penetrate it the same amount

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Benne9

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who know stuff, I have a Q: some ppl feel pain even on 0,5mm but others do 1,5mm and hardly feel anything. Is that an indicator of how bad fibrosis is or what?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who know stuff, I have a Q: some ppl feel pain even on 0,5mm but others do 1,5mm and hardly feel anything. Is that an indicator of how bad fibrosis is or what?
Based on my own experience, I'd say no. My bald spots on the hairline area hurt the same as the rest of my head (and it's pretty much full).

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it sounds frowned upon to link sources, but can anyone point me in the right direction for a 1.5mm roller? It seems every roller on Amazon is either 0.25mm, or 1.5mm and terrible quality.

I’m looking to implement light daily rolling to help with the minoxidil absorption (“Somebody” method). Currently use a Dr Pen A6 for my weekly 2mm sessions, but don’t want to fly through all my cartridges during the daily light needling.

Benne9

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it sounds frowned upon to link sources, but can anyone point me in the right direction for a 1.5mm roller? It seems every roller on Amazon is either 0.25mm, or 1.5mm and terrible quality.

I’m looking to implement light daily rolling to help with the minoxidil absorption (“Somebody” method). Currently use a Dr Pen A6 for my weekly 2mm sessions, but don’t want to fly through all my cartridges during the daily light needling.

There are dermapens motorized with multiple choice 0,5 up to 2,0mm afaik i’d Google it for u but f*** it I’m out rn

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got the Dr. Pen

The needles, to sterilise them, do we just place them in boiling water for a few hours? After every usage?

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got the Dr. Pen

The needles, to sterilise them, do we just place them in boiling water for a few hours? After every usage?
There are chemical company's on eBay that sell bulk 70% rubbing alcohol i leave my tips submerged in a inch of it all week get them out make sure they dry out without recontaminating them and i have the 70% spray bottle from spraying every surface i touch including my my scalp i was originally using 70% injection wipes but they are tiny i make sure the alcohol has dried before proceeding.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there..I am using a dermapen. I find it actually quite difficult to keep the pen at a 90deg angle. If you dont do that, you don't get the penetration depth as one side lifts up. A beauty therapist may be able to do that correctly since she/he does it all the time.
Thus, I am considering using a derma stamp. Due to the relatively large surface area it may be easier to use it as intended.
Any thoughts on this.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there..I am using a dermapen. I find it actually quite difficult to keep the pen at a 90deg angle. If you dont do that, you don't get the penetration depth as one side lifts up. A beauty therapist may be able to do that correctly since she/he does it all the time.
Thus, I am considering using a derma stamp. Due to the relatively large surface area it may be easier to use it as intended.
Any thoughts on this.
Hey there!
I have no experience with manual stamps myself (even though I own one).
@J0ker is probably the person who could give you the best insight on this.

Last edited:

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a similar issue with my pen. My hands are quite unsteady so when I run it over my scalp it’s never really a smooth motion so I feel like I’m not doing it properly. Can anyone help me with this?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a similar issue with my pen. My hands are quite unsteady so when I run it over my scalp it’s never really a smooth motion so I feel like I’m not doing it properly. Can anyone help me with this?
I suggest you lift up the pen a bit when you're moving it. Kinda like a "stamp".

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suggest you lift up the pen a bit when you're moving it. Kinda like a "stamp".
Thanks man. I actually feel like I’m not applying enough pressure, and it’s more of a bumping up and down motion as I move it over my head, instead of a smooth motion. How much pressure should be applied?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man. I actually feel like I’m not applying enough pressure, and it’s more of a bumping up and down motion as I move it over my head, instead of a smooth motion. How much pressure should be applied?
I personally think of it as applying deodorant! So mild pressure.

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think resting your hand on your head (the same hand you're holding the pen with) helps stabilize it a bit. Kinda the same approach as photography. If you're holding the camera (or pen in this case), and its not on a tripod, theres gonna be some unwanted movement. Think of your hand as something like a tripod when you're needling and keep your pen hand rested on your head as you go.

I guess its kind of like writing as well. Trying to write with your hand hovering above the paper is going to produce sloppy handwriting, but if you rest your hand on the table as you write its much more neat.

Just my 2 cents

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I use a couple of plastic gloves myself. I'm OCD, so it helps with the anxiety.