Microneedling Faqs: Procedures, Studies And Such

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, as I mentioned already I find the use of my Dermapen somehow awkward. I want to test a stamp and a roller as well. I am curious how they conpare.
Nevertheless, I can recall that I read that dermarollers are of somewhat questionable quality..at least the Amazon ones.
I found a german website (Hautliebe). It appears to me that they are of a higher standard than others in the marketplace. But I am not sure.

https://www.hautliebe-dermaroller.de/collections/frontpage/products/hautliebe-dermaroller-1-0-mm

Any opinion on that one please..at least its expensive, but that does not mean its good.

Also, I am struggling to find a dermastamp of good quality with a relatively large surface area.

Thank you

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t, so I dont know if any of you believe in Laser Treatment; but as you all know we all respond differently to different treatments... Im not even lying, but I am in shock... My brother who is 14 years older than me and lives on the other side of the country has been losing his hair for a good while right.... same pattern as me Norwood 1.5 diffuse thinning....

So I see him the other day and WTF!!! his hair is by no means cured and its obvious that he is still thinning but he has been using a red light helmet off of amazon and its actually working... whats working mean?.... After 4 months dude has way more regrowth than those trash Brotzu pics.... I know, I know, he didnt take any f*****g pictures the f*****g idiot or I would show all of you what I mean..... But to me it looks really good.

So I ordered a Derma Pen and a Laser Helmet and I will let you all know in 6 months whats what!!! I am actually so pumped seeing all i ever did was Saw Pawmetto 3-4 years ago and nothing since although because Ive dropped all Androgen boosting supps Im on the lower end of the DHT blood plasm scale now I have decently stabilized.....

I am also on MK4-MK7, NAC and Queceratin, Vita D, and some other general supps.....

WIsh Me Luck!!! This is my first real shot at any treatment!!! I hope the Stem Cell Activiation via Stamping and Lasers Red Light work hand in hand!!! LETS GOOOOOO WHOO HOOO!!! Im SO PUMPED!!!

@Arrade you should give this a go along with the decalcification protocol!! If I see what Im liking ill starting taking Creatine out the *** again and see if the MK4 prevents the DHT from calcifying the follicles!!! Too bad we cant get a topical MK4 as welll!!!!!!!! Can We???

Last edited:

Roko86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

Just going to throw this in. It seems pointless needling unless you address the issues surrounding hairloss in the first place right? In my case a super tight scalp due to the weird shape of my skull, and a huge protruding point right on the top of my crown which has pulled the skin so tight I probably look 10 years younger than I am. The only positive. I didn't see it for years, but I've thinned out so much now that I can actually see the true shape of my head, and it's frightening! Instead of going straight up from my ears it actually goes out at a 30 degree angle to the ridges, then back in again sharply. From my 25 years plus of hairloss I've learnt a few things, nothing worked! I've done it all and had zero results. But I did it all with this crazy tight scalp. A year of dermarolling combined with 15% minoxidil, nothing but a sore head and light wallet. I did it all religiously, never missed a session. In fact for 30 years I've probably missed 5 days where I didn't put something on my head or do something to it. And I'm still bald. Lasers, surgeries, highest strength minoxidil, finasteride, and every other snake oil available. So most will know where I'm going here, you need to give yourself the best chance to succeed with these treatments by getting your scalp loose so the new hairs aren't starved of blood supply and can actually grow. So take 2. Done months of massages to the point where my scalp is a bit looser, and now going to start dermarolling again, but without topicals. Like I said, 30 years of minoxidil every day and I'm bald, so I'm just not buying it. Finasteride kept my hair strong below the ridge the last few years, but minoxidil did nothing above it or below it. Also, it smells like a chemical factory, was made by scientists in a laboratory with gloves and masks, it kills animals, and women don't want to touch you. Can't afford a pen, so just a basic 1.5mm dermaroller twice a month, very slowly, in combination with massages. Hopefully I can find the right balance of days off before and after dermarolling to aid recovery while continually loosening the scalp ridges. I'm hearing Wayne Rooney has now had 3 transplants because he keeps losing hair, and I doubt he has addressed that horribly shaped head of his and he'll just need more transplants every 2 years. So I just hope people who have heads like mine learn from this, give yourself the best chance by making the scalp environment good to grow hair. See how it goes the next few months

Cheers for the thread Bill

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t, so I dont know if any of you believe in Laser Treatment; but as you all know we all respond differently to different treatments... Im not even lying, but I am in shock... My brother who is 14 years older than me and lives on the other side of the country has been losing his hair for a good while right.... same pattern as me Norwood 1.5 diffuse thinning....

So I see him the other day and WTF!!! his hair is by no means cured and its obvious that he is still thinning but he has been using a red light helmet off of amazon and its actually working... whats working mean?.... After 4 months dude has way more regrowth than those trash Brotzu pics.... I know, I know, he didnt take any f*****g pictures the f*****g idiot or I would show all of you what I mean..... But to me it looks really good.

So I ordered a Derma Pen and a Laser Helmet and I will let you all know in 6 months whats what!!! I am actually so pumped seeing all i ever did was Saw Pawmetto 3-4 years ago and nothing since although because Ive dropped all Androgen boosting supps Im on the lower end of the DHT blood plasm scale now I have decently stabilized.....

I am also on MK4-MK7, NAC and Queceratin, Vita D, and some other general supps.....

WIsh Me Luck!!! This is my first real shot at any treatment!!! I hope the Stem Cell Activiation via Stamping and Lasers Red Light work hand in hand!!! LETS GOOOOOO WHOO HOOO!!! Im SO PUMPED!!!

@Arrade you should give this a go along with the decalcification protocol!! If I see what Im liking ill starting taking Creatine out the *** again and see if the MK4 prevents the DHT from calcifying the follicles!!! Too bad we cant get a topical MK4 as welll!!!!!!!! Can We???

I have a helmet but stopped using it. Which one did your brother get results with?

Trinky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

Already posted on the main dermarollin thread, but here it better fits.

I am a new member. I have been reading this forum for long time, and only decided to become a member now as I decided to start dermarolling+minoxidil. I am going to take pictures and participate to the experiment on this forum.

I am going to start with Derminator as soon as I receive it (waiting to receive the shipment at the moment). I will take pics before starting so I can compareat at 3/6/12 months. Going to do it every 10 days.

I have a question regarding the cartridges: how many times can be used? how exactly to clean and keep them after use?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
link dosent work
Weird... It works for me. What exactly does it say?
I have a question regarding the
cartridges: how many times can be used? how exactly to clean and keep them after use?
Well, some people have used them a few times. Dunno the answer to that. The safest would be a single use.
As for how to clean them, they actullly have instructions: https://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf
Gonna update the post with these.
how to clean the dermaroller after use?
Simply damp it in alcohol for a minute or so and let it air dry. This is what most people do.

Last edited:

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Dat5Years - That's the pen I have (brand: TBPHP) Looks like you need these cartridges:

a554d620-ebc9-4ed5-9be9-4d14a2885f66._CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970__.jpg

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
guys, whats the consensus on treatment? Should i derma roll and apply minoxidil straight after or wait 12 hours later?

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tomorrow my second session and as so many i am not sure how to move around with the dermapen and how much time to spend on each location.

Apparently the right thing to do is circular motion. I would like to do my whole head, including temples, crown, sides and back. Is 10 minutes about the right time to spend on the whole head?

Shall i make two moves over the area or is it better to do it once and slowly instead?

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys put any essential oil or anything on your scalp right after needling? I Bought a Dr. Pen and will be doing 1.5 mm depth to start

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys put any essential oil or anything on your scalp right after needling? I Bought a Dr. Pen and will be doing 1.5 mm depth to start
Essential oils but never before 24 hours have elapsed since needling. I strongly suspect that rubbing too much rosemary oil gave me minoxidil-like side effects a few times. I don't know for sure, but I'm not going to risk it. Also, ai don't think itbwould be hygienic