Microneedling Faqs: Procedures, Studies And Such

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Excuse the noob question but does Min’s sides stay around if you stop taking it like finasteride’s can? I’ve never tried Min so is there any reason for me to not try it?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Excuse the noob question but does Min’s sides stay around if you stop taking it like finasteride’s can? I’ve never tried Min so is there any reason for me to not try it?
Hey, man.
They do go away, but some people get really bad sides and can't tolerate it.
There's no reason for you to not try it and see how you fare; it won't kill you. But some users have reported chest pain, tachycardia, difficult breathing, dizziness and also a temporary swelling of the face. Others have no real problem with it. If you think you can risk it for the biscuit, go right ahead.

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone clarify a "pass"? So in this context. Say the area is temples. One vertical pass, is that passing the pen over the area in a vertical motion across the entire area once?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone clarify a "pass"? So in this context. Say the area is temples. One vertical pass, is that passing the pen over the area in a vertical motion across the entire area once?
That is correct. It can be confusing to explain with words; watch the vid so you can have a better idea.

Jj42

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any thoughts on putting Zix on right after dermarolling? I feel like that would work as a disinfectant and anything of that going systemic is stuff you can safely ingest anyway...

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone knows if derminator 2 cartridges are compatible with derminator 1?

BTW, Im dermaneedling in zigzag patterns with long strokes. Its the least painful way for me.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any thoughts on putting Zix on right after dermarolling? I feel like that would work as a disinfectant and anything of that going systemic is stuff you can safely ingest anyway...
I personally can't really say anything, as I haven't heard about it before. Sorry.
Anyone knows if derminator 2 cartridges are compatible with derminator 1?

BTW, Im dermaneedling in zigzag patterns with long strokes. Its the least painful way for me.
They are not compatible. Gotta add that to the list!

Nice. If it works for you and it effectively covers your scalp with the less amount of pain possible then keep at it, man.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any reason not to use more than a 12 needle cartridge?
Not really. There's no problem if you want to go for 36 needles, but there's no real reason to choose them over 12 needle cartridges either. So people stay at 12. It's also what the Chinese study used.

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: not going out in the sun for a week after you have needled, so if you’re needling weekly you can’t expose your head to the sun at all?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: not going out in the sun for a week after you have needled, so if you’re needling weekly you can’t expose your head to the sun at all?
I mean, it's not like it can't touch it at all. But for example, walking under the white hot sun of summer for an hour uncovered is not a good idea. Or direct sun exposure for long periods of time. It was more oriented towards those kind of situations.

Cymro27

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really good post.. thanks for this.

I'm not on any regime, been nw2 since I was about 22 and now 31 I'm noticing a bit of thinning around the front. I always thought I'd just end up shaving but after reading this I'm leaning towards the derminator as a weekly thing. Those results are impressive.

Perhaps the wrong section to ask but there's been a few users in this thread. How do you find using it on medium length hair 2-4 inches? And washing etc before and after (what are you using and how soon before/ after) ? Also what's the pain comparable to with and without numbing cream?

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder what could be the long term effect of regular wounding, surely it can't be good, damage will accumulate.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Source for this?
Several articles talking about the wound healing phases.
Really good post.. thanks for this.
Thanks!
Perhaps the wrong section to ask but there's been a few users in this thread. How do you find using it on medium length hair 2-4 inches? And washing etc before and after (what are you using and how soon before/ after) ? Also what's the pain comparable to with and without numbing cream?
I have that kind of length and it was no issue at all. I don't really use anything before or after washing, but you have instructions on how to apply numbing cream and such on the list. As for how no numbing cream vs numbing cream compares, I can't answer that as I don't use it. I can tolerate 2 mm no problem. Hope that answers your questions!
I wonder what could be the long term effect of regular wounding, surely it can't be good, damage will accumulate.
Long time needlers (3-5 years) have not reported any problem. The 5 year mark looks safe so far, haha.

Last edited:

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

We don’t have enough info to affirm one thing or another. We know about sun exposure, risk of infection (if you’re totally reckless), increased absorption (which is dangerous depending what you use), but we don’t really now if repeated wounding is good or bad in the long term. Many people (mostly women) have been dermarolling for several years with no problem, even older people. Granted it wasn’t the scalp and wasn’t done weekly/biweekly, but at some point the frequency is reduced for maintenance only. But even with that info, I’d never dare to say this is totally safe in the very long term... but wouldn’t be able to say it’s “dangerous” either.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this, Bill. You da man.

FYI, I have been using a cheap 1.5 mm manual dermastamp once a week for three weeks now, in addition to twice daily minoxidil. This is the stamp: https://www.ebay.com/i/273227890067?chn=ps&var=572520085398

Hair started shedding and looking pretty rough after second week. Reading this thread, I might back off to once every two weeks, even though my scalp is fully healed after only a few days of a stamping session, and I get it darn red and draw tiny spots of blood here and there, just like we're supposed to.