Microneedling Faqs: Procedures, Studies And Such

bencarsno

My Regimen
Reaction score
So microneedling + minoxidil is a winning combo, but what about microneedling + finasteride?
I'm on finasteride and would prefer to avoid minoxidil. But will I miss out on important microneedling gains if I only combine it with finasteride?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
So microneedling + minoxidil is a winning combo, but what about microneedling + finasteride?
I'm on finasteride and would prefer to avoid minoxidil. But will I miss out on important microneedling gains if I only combine it with finasteride?

There are studies that show microneedling alone superior to minoxidil alone, so you should hopefully get some regrowth even if you don't want to use minoxidil. The best regrowth is minoxidil and needling together though.

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just did my first microneedle session tonight! Set the Dermapen to 2mm and followed the recommended procedure. The pain was pretty much non existent. I don’t understand how some people make this out to be a grueling process, it wasn’t even close to bad.

My only gripe is that I wish there was some way for me to see the top of my head while I’m doing it until I get the hang of it. It’s kind of tough if you have a decent amount of hair to see if you’ve really hit all the spots. Maybe I’ll try to set up some double mirror contraption or something lol

What are your thoughts on working out in the morning if I microneedle the night before? Is it recommended to avoid sweating? I don’t see it being to big of an issue, but figured I’d ask. Thanks for such a great post!

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just did my first microneedle session tonight! Set the Dermapen to 2mm and followed the recommended procedure. The pain was pretty much non existent. I don’t understand how some people make this out to be a grueling process, it wasn’t even close to bad.

My only gripe is that I wish there was some way for me to see the top of my head while I’m doing it until I get the hang of it. It’s kind of tough if you have a decent amount of hair to see if you’ve really hit all the spots. Maybe I’ll try to set up some double mirror contraption or something lol

What are your thoughts on working out in the morning if I microneedle the night before? Is it recommended to avoid sweating? I don’t see it being to big of an issue, but figured I’d ask. Thanks for such a great post!
Hey man! Same here, 2 mm is almost relaxing for me. This might change tho, cause scalp can get more sensitive the more sessions you do.
I have the same problem. I use my bathroom mirror; it has an intense artificial lighting and it does help a bit. If you have something like this, that's my suggestion!
I worked out the next day after my session and had no trouble. I avoided handstands tho (I follow a gymnastics kinda program).
Thanks! Glad you found it helpful.
@Bill_Russo what do you think it's better to use: dermastamp 1.5mm or dermaroller 1.5mm ? Bcs you said dermaroller wounded the skin too much
I'd say a stamp is superior since both cost around the same. Best of luck.

bencarsno

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any consensus on how long after wounding you can start applying Toppik, Dermmatch etc. again? I don't really want to leave my house without applying them. It's the only thing holding me back from microneedling at the moment.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any consensus on how long after wounding you can start applying Toppik, Dermmatch etc. again? I don't really want to leave my house without applying them. It's the only thing holding me back from microneedling at the moment.
That is one I should add.
I honestly don't have a clear answer, as I've never used Toppik. I would wait between 48-72 hours just to be safe; however, you should contact a dermatologist as I'm not an expert.
I'm sorry, man. Best of luck.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using this dermastamp https://www.amazon.de/Mikronadel-Leckereien-tiefen-Narben-Cellulite/dp/B007ATOWUI once a weak, along with minoxidil 2x day. Ist this enough to fit the requirements of the studies?
(I use minoxidil since 5 years, but since 1,5 years I am loosing ground and now my frontal hair is heavy miniaturising; finasteride give me too much sides, SO i will try with needling)

Manual stamps don't wound as efficiently as electric ones, i would look in to getting dr.pen ultima A6 or a derminator for best results. This is just my opinion of course.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Using this dermastamp https://www.amazon.de/Mikronadel-Leckereien-tiefen-Narben-Cellulite/dp/B007ATOWUI once a weak, along with minoxidil. Ist this enough to fit the requirements of the studies?
Hey, man.
As long as you're needling with 1.5 mm needles once a week or anywhere between 1.5-2.5 mm twice monthly, you fit the requirements. So that'd indeed fit.
It might take very long to cover your whole scalp with that, though. Get a manual stamp with 80-140 needles or a pen if you can.

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Manual stamps don't wound as efficiently as electric ones, i would look in to getting dr.pen ultima A6 or a derminator for best results. This is just my opinion of course.

I the studies they used mechanical ones.
1.So is my mentioned dermapen enough?

2.Did you have any results with your needling?

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, man.
As long as you're needling with 1.5 mm needles once a week or anywhere between 1.5-2.5 mm twice monthly, you fit the requirements. So that'd indeed fit.
It might take very long to cover your whole scalp with that, though. Get a manual stamp with 80-140 needles or a pen if you can.

I just need it at the front. If it will show results, i will buy a more expensive one. And yes, I will go with more needles.

Have you got any results?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just need it at the front. If it will show results, i will buy a more expensive one. And yes, I will go with more needles.

Have you got any results?
Alright, then that should do it.
I'm just one session in. So far, excess of sebum is no longer a problem, hair is less oily and itching is no longer as present.

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, then that should do it.
I'm just one session in. So far, excess of sebum is no longer a problem, hair is less oily and itching is no longer as present.

Are here people with real results? Cause lots of photos are just baldinng footage in reverese. F.e the one, that started a needling thread with amazing results, and later it turns out he just wanted to have attention and doing buisness.

A lot of companys are here. F.e dr. pen and others. People here are that desperate, that they buy everything (f.e trinov)

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are here people with real results? Cause lots of photos are just baldinng footage in reverese. F.e the one, that started a needling thread with amazing results, and later it turns out he just wanted to have attention and doing buisness.

A lot of companys are here. F.e dr. pen and others. People here are that desperate, that they buy everything (f.e trinov)
No, those results are real. Nothing in reverse. He posted recent pictures afterwards.
Even if you consider that guy a fraud, other people have posted pics with results and others are reporting them as well. The next best results are from @Ludachris Batbak.

It doesn't matter if you buy Dr. Pen or a $10 roller here. I already mention that in the main post. A pen is recommended, but not necessary. If you're afraid of losing money, I recommend you do just that.

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, those results are real. Nothing in reverse. He posted recent pictures afterwards.
Even if you consider that guy a fraud, other people have posted pics with results and others are reporting them as well. The next best results are from @Ludachris Batbak.

It doesn't matter if you buy Dr. Pen or a $10 roller here. I already mention that in the main post. A pen is recommended, but not necessary. If you're afraid of losing money, I recommend you do just that.

Ok. But why than it isn´t the non plus ultra option for all balding men? microneedling along with minoxidil sounds like far more better than finasteride. So why are people destorying their health with finasteride, isntead of minoxidil + needling?

I am very sceptic about needling.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok. But why than it isn´t the non plus ultra option for all balding men? microneedling along with minoxidil sounds like far more better than finasteride. So why are people desorying there health with finasteride, isntead of minoxidil + needling?

I am very sceptic about needling.
That is anyone's guess, man. Perhaps it's too painful or too much of a hassle for some. If my time in hair loss forums has taught me something it's that, when people say "I would do anything to get my hair back", very few actually mean it. In past needling threads, most people dropped it within a matter of weeks. It's no wonder, given the overrepresentation of NEETs we have in these places. If it's not something comfortable like a pill or a lotion, then they will have trouble staying consistent. Hell, some have trouble even when it's a pill or a lotion.

You have several examples of results from Tressless and from members in this forum on the needling thread. It's not my job to convince you, so you can check them out and see what you do from there. The choice of jumping in is up to you. You have most of the info you need here and you can always ask the questions that aren't there.
Best of luck.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score

I use a manual stamp and it wounds just fine--red scalp and dots of blood here and there.

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im curious how many of you are applying minoxidil after your microneedle session. I was a lurker on this forum for a few months and it seemed the general consensus was that minoxidil application following a microneedle session is not advised due to the risks of systemic absorption