Miconazole...

CCS

Reaction score
This is not just Squeegee pulling a prank on us. There are other forums where people are trying the same thing. It is possible that those were pranks, and that he just carried them over to here. But definitely not just him making something up. Fact is, there is plenty of science to suggest miconazole nitrate would work. It is probably like 15% minoxidil with the extra kick of killing fungi, which seems to matter a bit.

CCS

Reaction score
I ordered a 6 pack of Miconazole nitrate 2% off of amazon for $12 total. They sent me 7 oz by mistake. I'll start applying today after my shower. .... Maybe I'll do it before the shower.

CCS

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
CCS said:
This is not just Squeegee pulling a prank on us. There are other forums where people are trying the same thing. It is possible that those were pranks, and that he just carried them over to here. But definitely not just him making something up. Fact is, there is plenty of science to suggest miconazole nitrate would work. It is probably like 15% minoxidil with the extra kick of killing fungi, which seems to matter a bit.

see his other posts:

viewtopic.php?p=548004#p548004

I read that one too. There are some studies that bald men genetically have higher cholesterol levels, and the cholesterol is made locally, like dht, and hurts hair. The miconazole inhibits that enzyme locally.

UunoTurhapuro

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually started that miconazole nitrate treatment for the hair alongside with mega tek in the summer. I had to drop it due to headaches and the fact that the miconazole nitrate that I've ordered contained petroleum base which wasn't good for my scalp. I'm looking to get on it if I find a miconazole nitrate in a gel base.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn't able to come here last few days.. I am on a Military exercise in YUMA Arizona.. wow love this place so far.. Palm trees , hot weather! totally different than our February in Canada. Anyway.. Miconazole Nitrate works! 4% is better.. I used to buy the Walgreens brand at 4%.. 30 g A TUBE.. I bought like 8 tubes on egaY For almost nothing... but they don't manufature it anymore.. I can't fiND brand with 4% in it without the applicators or 5 g the tube.

KilgoreTrout

Reaction score
I've been following these forums for a while, and I finally decided to make a profile after deciding to start miconozole nitrate today.

I'm 22, a Norwood 1 1/2 moving towards a two and thinning up front. I've been on proscar for about 9 months, and while it's definately helped, I still feel like I'm losing some ground. Also use keto shampoo, which BTW, I discovered the importance of after deciding to stop a few months ago and experiencing a pretty scary shed.

So before I resign myself to the annoyance of putting in Rogaine 1-2 times a day every day for the rest of my life (I'd actually used Rogaine for about a year when I first noticed loss at the age of 20, but gave up thinking I'd be fine on just proscar), I'm gonna give miconozole a shot. I've read enough about people's good experiences to try it out.

I've got the 2 percent, generic anti yeast infection stuff, which I'll be using 4 times a week on my temples and front area. Promise to keep everyone posted on my result, wish me luck.

*just used my first dose, and I felt a slight rush of blood to the head/headache. which passed in about five minutes. i guess this is a good sign, proves that is has some effect..

thinninghairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
it isnt working for afew people

Its working for me though :woot: . today is the best ive seen my hair look in a long time.

headaches seem to be hit or miss . was worse when i first started applying.

If you start getting really cloudy head just stop for afew days, thats what i did.

got the vit d , e , a and B complec which is super dosed. more energy and nicer skin in a matter of days

also although i dont belive SLS and PARABENs etc have anything to do with male pattern baldness i have switched back to my "sls paraben " free olive oil shampoo * which is packed with alo vera, vitamins , etc " and its made my hair remarkably softer. ive got alot of shampoo in my house, this and premier pet shampoo is best for using styling products on

keep updating guys

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
UunoTurhapuro said:
squeegee, are you on any other treatment apart from miconazole nitrate?

NOPE.. no minoxidil, no finasteride, no dutasteride.
Just supplements and miconazole nitrate.

antone

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm on miconazole for about 20 days, and now i'm sheeding , i think this stuff doesn't work for me. What is your advice?

Maybe the no active ingredients are not good for the scalp?

The cream is DAKTARIN CREAM:

"The cream also contains the following inactive ingredients: water, macrogol stearate and glycol stearate, unsaturated polyglycolysed glycerides, liquid paraffin, benzoic acid* and butylated hydroxyanisole.**

*Benzoic acid is a mild irritant to the skin, eyes and mucous membranes. It may increase the risk of jaundice in newborn babies.
**Butylated hydroxyanisole is an irritant to the eyes, skin and mucous membranes."

http://www.boots.com/wcsstore/cmsassets ... l_leaf.pdf

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
antone,

Shedding can either mean that it's not working for you or that it's causing new growth. Give it a significant time before you make up your mind, however no one knows for sure how long significant is.

hethen

Reaction score
Does anyone notice any darkness / slight bags under their eyes when using this? I got it pretty bad with 5% minoxidil, and although this isn't nearly as bad, it always looks like I'm tired. I'm also using the 4% mico. It's improved since I cut back from 2 times a day to just every night, but I'm curious if anyone else has noticed something like this.

Obsidian

Reaction score
So is Miconazole an AA? Or is it strictly regrowth?

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deff seen improvement now since starting 2% in the begnning of this year, only letting it stay for 2 - 6 hours before shower. It might be the original regimen kicking in too, or the folligen i started about the same time.

CCS

Reaction score
Anarch said:
antone,

Shedding can either mean that it's not working for you or that it's causing new growth. Give it a significant time before you make up your mind, however no one knows for sure how long significant is.

Yeah, most sheds are reversible. Unless you increase androgen levels, I doubt any experiment with minoxidil and sheds would lead to permanent hair loss. Worst case you look bad for a few months.

CCS

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
So is Miconazole an AA? Or is it strictly regrowth?

I think it is just a better version of minoxidil. Actually better, since it inhibits local cholesterol production, which seems to be bad for hair.

azurri

Reaction score
its been just over 3 months and my results have been still strong. My front part/ hairline is certainly thickening up still and i have no sides. I still only apply a small amount at night, 4 times a week with topical finasteride. To give u an idea, i have only used half of the tube that i began with.

CCS

Reaction score
I looked at my crown again the other night. There is a big thin area back there. Definitely thinner than before. I don't know what has caused that. Finasteride no longer working? Miconazole/minoxidil shed? finasteride fake? I found my old finasteride stash, so I'll be doubling up, 1.25 mg from each of the new and old stash.

Do you think nizoral daily caused it? I've done that before and it only seemed to thicken my hair. Maybe it was the couple of days I used the brown, expired folligen. I'll continue with the minoxidil and miconazole. Hopefully it grows back. If not, I'll find me some good hats.