Miconazole...

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
The rank order of inhibitory potency of the imidazole-type antimycotic drugs was miconazole greater than clotrimazole greater than ketoconazole.

I wish people would highlight the important parts when posting studies! Interseting. :D

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
jmoss1982,

It is unfortunate that shedding is an indicator of positive efficacy. It's counter-intuitive and can go both ways. The only way to be sure is to keep using it while recording your results over a significant length of time. And even so, we can never be sure of anything.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Anarch said:
jmoss1982,

It is unfortunate that shedding is an indicator of positive efficacy. It's counter-intuitive and can go both ways. The only way to be sure is to keep using it while recording your results over a significant length of time. And even so, we can never be sure of anything.

Are you speaking from first-hand experience here? What degree of shedding have you observed over your time on mico?

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Rabid,

I meant that as a general statement about all hair-growth products. There always seems to be a shed before any growth happens.

CCS

Reaction score

CCS

Reaction score
Enden said:
Wouldn't Nizoral 2% cream give the same result? It's the same type of drug.

costs more. and why not use both?

CCS

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
squeegee said:
idontwanttobebalding look at this interesting link:

Produced in all animal cells, hydrogen peroxide may act as a signal for the active and resting phases of living things, new research by USC biologists suggests.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 145607.htm

f*ck it Squeegee! Let's figure this sh*t out for ourselves and piss on the MD.'s

Who's with me? :firing:

I'm with you, but that is a lot of text. Not sure I'd want to inject H2O2 into my scalp without knowing the right dose. Not sure I'd trust other people, either. That stuff stings bad enough on cuts. Imagine if I injected it and someone on the net laughed at me for believing them.

CCS

Reaction score
hairhoper said:
squeegee said:
The rank order of inhibitory potency of the imidazole-type antimycotic drugs was miconazole greater than clotrimazole greater than ketoconazole.

I wish people would highlight the important parts when posting studies! Interseting. :D

It is not inhibiting DHT. It is inhibiting one of the biproducts of DHT. Not sure what effect that would have.

CCS

Reaction score
Anarch said:
jmoss1982,

Better yet, just use it on one side of your head. I don't know why people use it on the whole scalp. How are you supposed to see the difference. Just use experimentals on one side. I will do my test on a slick bald area. No worries if it is bad.

And I agree. Keto shampoo is very important, maybe as important as propecia.

I just ordered 6oz for $12 including shipping. I'll first apply it to a smooth bald temple for a while. I might even get bold and use it on some thin frontal hairs. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I've been consistent with my minoxidil lately, so I should be able to stick to this.

Jake97

Reaction score
I'm mixing my miconazole with castor oil, so that I don't have any headaches. The question I have, is the absorption with oil the same as without ?

CCS

Reaction score
A good safe way to kill cancer is with injections. No knives for me, please. I'd have them use a dye and a scan to see where it is, then take a 6 inch long needle and inject 90% ethanol or something like that into the middle of each clump. That would be very cheap if the scan were cheap.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im starting in 4th week now i think. Nothing noticed so far. No side effect and no benefits. Guess i use too little... 2% 2 - 6 hours before shower once daily. Temples only.

Did not expect super results by now, but i was hoping for a small headace or two so i knew it was doing something there

CCS

Reaction score
MrBastard said:
Im starting in 4th week now i think. Nothing noticed so far. No side effect and no benefits. Guess i use too little... 2% 2 - 6 hours before shower once daily. Temples only.

Did not expect super results by now, but i was hoping for a small headace or two so i knew it was doing something there

I'm not surprised. If it grew an inch of hair in two weeks, people would be ranting on here a lot more.

I'm still going to give it a go. The Davis Pet shampoo is 2% and nine bucks for twelve ounces, so a third the price of nizoral.

Does this stuff do any kind of androgen receptor blocking like Nizoral does? I think the pet shampoo sounds like a possibly good replacement for piroctone olamine shampoo.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
hethen said:
If you want headaches, man up to the 4%. And rub a ton of it in your temples.

Where Can I get some? I can't find it anymore...

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
A good safe way to kill cancer is with injections. No knives for me, please. I'd have them use a dye and a scan to see where it is, then take a 6 inch long needle and inject 90% ethanol or something like that into the middle of each clump. That would be very cheap if the scan were cheap.

And what do you think whould happend when the alcohol got into your bloodstream? Not safe at all...

thinninghairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
someone was posting a shitload of studys on mico about how it reduces circulating dht or something

anyway ive been using for must be coming up to 2 months. my results were better in the first 4 weeks as i noticed thin hairs going dark. the progress seems to have slowed somewhat but its definatley keeping my hair thick

today i had a shower and slicked back all my hair with a comb which i havnt done in a wee while. i used a hand held mirror while looking in front mirror to check from all angles. looks alot better from birds eye veiw. the hair is thickening up a hell of a lot.

when puting the mirror next to temples side on and looking right close in the mirror ive noticed that there are TINY and i mean TINY dark but thin looking hairs. its kindof like when you look at the side of your face and see little white hairs altough they look darker. im hoping over the next year these will begin to get more confidence and start growing out.

also been using eqyss premier pet shampoo (safe for human use), schwarts active m shampoo, and keto shampoo

all of which contain SLS which i have 100% confidence does not have ANYTHING to do with male pattern baldness

EDIT: ran out of mico for 3 days. got more and so glad. however my headaches arnt as bad this time

also just like to say for anyone using and saying its not working

use on DAMP-WET hair after its been washed before you go to bed. this is how ive been doing it and its working for me. this is how the japs did it with keto in the keto cream study

hethen

Reaction score
squeegee said:
hethen said:
If you want headaches, man up to the 4%. And rub a ton of it in your temples.

Where Can I get some? I can't find it anymore...

I just get mine from CVS...the CVS brand too. Large white and blue box that says Miconazole Nitrate on it, and it comes with 3 4% tubes and 1 2%.

CCS

Reaction score
How many ounces did you get, and what price?

As for 4% vs 2%, the 2% does not have side effects, and is really cheap. But squeegee says the 4% works better.

I read his original thread from a year ago. He said you have to use minoxidil with the stuff, and it works very well. He said he regrew a lot of hair, but after a while stopped because it is not compatible with his military job. Huge shed then. Now back on it. No pics. Bad camera.

Other guys tried it a week or so and quite. 4 said it works, but then we did not hear back from them. 3 others said they tried it several months and got nothing.

I think we need to look at the other ingredients in MonoStat. We need to see if the "inactive ingredients" are the same as in the generic. It might matter.

Squeegee applied twice a day with minoxidil. I will apply once a day, and minoxdil twice a day.