Miconazole...

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Got mine today :woot:
Decided to put it on once daily 2 - 3 hours before shower. Hope that is long enough for it to penetrate and work good... Only temples for now to check if it do anything

Also started b-vit complex and im already on MSM. My hairgrowth rate will be crazy :whistle:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Sir Guy of Frizzbourne said:
Squeegee,

Couldn't you just get this stuff in the form of foot cream instead of vaginal to avoid embarrassment? This is the stuff you just walk into the drug store for, right? I may even have some around the apt.

Am I missing something?

Yeah Miconazole Nitrate is available in foot cream..Just look at the ingredients..also ebay...

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
antone said:
squeegee said:
fireman said:
Sup fellas, been a while since I've posted here.

I was on finasteride for about 2 years with no luck so I dropped that about a year ago. Can't say that I have noticed an increase in shedding or anything since I've been off it. I did get some mild sides on finasteride, after a year I dropped down to .625 mg every other day and that seemed to do the trick.

Nowadays I just lurk the forums occasionally in hopes for a miracle cure :jackit: . Recently, I tried out miconazole 2% cream just on my hairline and it seems to at least do a nice job of thickening up hairs or increase the growth rate. Not sure if it's regrowing anything yet as I've only been on it for about 2 weeks.

I started off using it twice daily, once in the morning and once at night. After a few days of usage I'm pretty sure I started getting some sides(mild headache, lower sex drive, achy nipples), so I started putting on smaller amounts and only applied it at night. This was pretty surprising as I've only been using it for a very short amount of time, and I didn't think it could cause sides like that.

Basically just wondering if anyone else has tried this out yet with success, and if anyone is experiencing sides like this? I'm thinking of just dropping it all together as I don't want to deal with bullshit sides :dunno:

Yes that vaginal sh*t works! I took it twice a day for months... the magical stuff in it is nitrate.. I also took the 4%.. Side effects were headaches. which is probably due by the extra oxygen ..and this why your hair is getting thicker.. DTH induce hydrogen.. I got a terrible shed stopping it.. still trying to recover lol

Read this :

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA= ... SPLAY=DESC

Wonder if we could have better results with needling??

Hey squeegee,
What relation there are between miconazole and your link (ozone-oxigen stuff)?

It is a patent.. by injecting hydrogen peroxide to his scalp.. After about one month and a half . the regrowth process were constant, so that after one year from the beginning, strong hair was present on about 90% of the cranial arch, with a 50% density. The guy was totally bald.

The nitrate in Miconazole help the micro circulation and hypoxia .. the side effects from it is probably the extra oxygen from the nitrate or the effects on the speed of circulation so the area get more oxygen exposure.. Miconazole really works if you are steady and stay on it. The treatment is so much better than minoxidil because the hair get really thick.. not fake looking like minoxidil does.

azurri

Reaction score
mann02 said:
azurri said:
hey guys, i usually post on regrowth and wanted to share my experience so far with mico. I started applying it 2 months ago mainly in the evenings, 4-5 times a week. My results so far have been GREAT! My hairloss is mainly around the front and hairline and since applying mico all has thickened up considerably. I hardly lose anymore hair in the shower, my forhead is literally looking smaller daily and trust me i look at myself a lot in the mirror and the best part is its CHEAP!. Im amazed yet dont want to get my hopes up to high jus yet. but ive been fighting hairloss for 10 years and THIS I THE FIRST TIME THAT IVE BEEN THIS EXCITED. Upon starting mico, i initially felt very mild headaches and pressure on my head but these symptoms are completely gone!!

I also started applying topical finasteride around the same time (have been on oral for over 7 years previously) so this would also be part of my current success as well.

Im curious to hear from other users?

good luck!

I hope im replying the correct way?

No i have never taken any b4 n after pics.. basically they never turn out well also im impatient so i tend to judge my gains whilst styling my hair. I can say though that I have never been this excited about my hair.. A few of the guys on regrowth will be posting their results in the near future.

Are there any before and after pics?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding look at this interesting link:

Produced in all animal cells, hydrogen peroxide may act as a signal for the active and resting phases of living things, new research by USC biologists suggests.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 145607.htm

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Here another one about H202..
A major blow to the free radical theory of aging, which had lead the research in aging for more than 50 years and fuels a multimillionaire anti-aging industry has just been published by Portuguese scientists from the « Instituto de Investigação em Ciências da Vida e Saúde (ICVS), Escola de Ciências da Saúde», University of Minho. According to the theory, free radicals provoke oxidative damage and this is the cause of aging. The new work, however, shows that not only is possible to slow down aging in cells with high levels of oxidation but more, that a free radical (H2O2) is behind the high longevity seen with low caloric diets (a well known method to increase lifespan) turning upside down the way we see anti-aging therapy and research with major implications for the field. But the results, now published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences(1), will also affect the study of phenomena as diverse as inflammation, Alzheimer’s disease or cell survival, all processes where radicals are known to have a role.

So modern medicine is now more than ever able to treat disease and extend life. This is only an advantage, however, if the new lease of life is a healthy and active one. Millions of pounds of potential anti-aging products rest on the possibility of slow down the signs of old age and the free radical theory of aging – by suggesting a possible explanation to the basic chemical processes behind growing old – already has aging-worried individuals all over the world sustaining a multimillionaire industry of anti-aging anti-oxidant products. After all everyone knows that free radicals are bad and antioxidants are good. But are they really?

Free radicals are atoms with unpaired electrons what makes them extremely unstable and prone to donate or grab electrons from other molecules, causing oxidative damage in the process. This is usually not a problem in healthy individuals as the body’s anti-oxidants are enough to keep radicals at bay but things like aging, smoking and pollution seem to increase the production and accumulation of radicals. And this is, according to the free radical theory of aging, the reason why aging (and an unhealthy life style) comes with fast deterioration of tissues and organs that creates disease and, eventually, death.

Scientific research however does not seem to be able to prove this. Although we know that free radicals are toxic and there is, in fact, experimental work supporting the free radical theory of aging, more and more results suggest that the theory is, at the very best, incomplete. Examples that do not fit go from long-lived mole rats (lasting an extraordinaire 28 years) with much higher levels of oxidative damage than other rats living 10 times less, to the discovery that H2O2 - one of the main free radicals believed to cause aging – seems to be involved in the chemistry behind cell survival.

In an attempt to understand these apparent contradictions Paula Ludovico’s group from the University of Minho and colleagues studied the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae under a low-caloric diet. These diets (if not extreme) slow down aging, making the organism live longer, although exactly how this happens is not very clear. They are also particularly interesting for this study as the longer life span can be accompanied by high levels of oxidative damage in an apparent contradiction of the free radical theory. Ludovico’s plan was to look at the two most important radicals linked to aging – oxygen peroxide (H2O2) and superoxide anions (O2-) – see how they changed under the diet, and also their link to oxidative damage.

But when the researchers looked for signs of free radicals as the yeast lived longer they were startled by something unexpected –free radicals levels within the yeast actually increased together with lifespan. They also saw that inactivation of two anti-oxidant proteins called catalases, which are specific for H2O2 – so resulting in H2O2 accumulation within the yeast - was enough for S. cerevisiae live longer (even without diet). These two results actually suggested that H2O2 could be behind the increased longevity. To confirm this unexpected possibility the yeast was grown in H2O2 medium and in fact they went to live longer than usual, proving that this radical in fact could slow down aging. This is particularly interesting as other researchers have seen the same effect with human skin cells growing in H2O2 what suggests that the anti-aging H2O2 role is common to many different species.

With superoxide anions O2- (the other free radical linked to aging) the results were very different, however, and as the yeast longevity increased (due to either a low caloric diet or catalase inactivation) O2- disappeared. It was found that this occurred because H2O2 activated two anti-oxidant proteins, this time specific for O2- (called SOD), and, as H2O2 increased, O2- was neutralised.

So what about oxidative damage, which according to the free radical theory is directly responsible for aging? Again an unexpected result – in fact although long-lived yeast under a low caloric diet showed less signs of oxidative damage as they live longer (in agreement with the theory’s predictions), the same was not true to those without catalases. In fact, in these yeasts, the exact opposite occurred with oxidative damage increasing as the yeast lived longer.

So how can we explain the protective capacity of H2O2 when this radical is well known to be toxic, killing cells? According to the first author of the article, Ana Mesquita, and Ludovico the explanation is in a phenomenon called hormesis, where a substance normally toxic can have beneficial effects if used in low doses. Why this happens is not totally clear but it is suspected that small amounts of stress (like small amounts of H2O2) can activate the body’s repair mechanisms without really provoking any damage so ending up having “bizarre†beneficial effects. In this case H2O2 is enough to activate the antioxidants specific for O2- , slowing down the aging normally provoked by this radical.

In conclusion, Ludovico and colleagues’ new work have a few crucial results - first that it is possible to have little oxidative damage despite having high levels of free radicals (H2O2 in yeast with a low caloric diet) and second, that high levels of oxidative damage can exist in long-living organisms (like it occurs in yeast without functional catalases). Finally, in discovery that puts up side down the way we see anti-aging therapy and research, they prove that a free radical (H2O2) can actually be anti-aging.

These results seriously challenge the free radical theory and introduce a totally new vision for the role of free radicals (at least H2O2) in the body, and no doubt will have important implications in the way aging processes are seen from now. After all, the free radical theory has guided investigations into the causes and consequences of aging for more than 50 years, while free radicals have been always considered the “bad guysâ€. And while (most) radicals probably have a role in the deterioration that accompanies old age, the process (and the radicals’ role) is no doubt much more complex than the simple equation – free radicals: oxidative damage: aging - that the free radical theory proposes.

Interestingly, Ludovico’s results also suggest that H2O2 can be used as an anti-inflammatory since O2- is known to participate in inflammation although this will need further research. Another interesting discovery is the fact that catalases appear as pro-aging in opposition to the current idea - behind much research – that these proteins can be used to slow down aging.

Finally this new work might also explain why, contrary to what is expected by the radical theory, in some studies, anti-oxidants are shown to reduce longevity.

But would this affect the anti-oxidant industry? Most probably not. After all there was never any scientific evidence that dietary anti-oxidant supplements affected the body’s free radicals levels (despite what the industry want us to believe), and, still, millions of people continue to buy this elusive promise of a new lease of life. In the end, it’s all about hope (at least for now…)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
another one:
Effect of dihydrotestosterone on hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptosis of mouse embryonic stem cells.

Lee SH, Heo JS, Lee MY, Han HJ.

Department of Veterinary Physiology, BK21 Biotherapy Human Resources Center, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500-757, Korea.
Abstract

Steroid hormones have been reported to activate various signal transducers that trigger a variety of cellular responses. Among these hormones, testosterone has been identified as an antioxidant that protects against cellular damage. Therefore, using mouse embryonic stem (ES) cells as a model system, this study evaluated the effects of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a biologically active testosterone metabolite, on H2O2-induced apoptosis. H2O2 increased the release of lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and DNA fragmentation but reduced the cell viability in a time-dependent manner (> or =8 h). Moreover, H2O2 decreased the level of DNA synthesis and the levels of the cell cycle regulatory proteins [cyclin D1, cyclin E, cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) 2, and CDK 4]. These effects of H2O2 were inhibited by a pretreatment with DHT. However, a treatment with flutamide (androgen receptor inhibitor, 10(-3) M) abolished the protective effects of DHT. This result was supported by the presence of the androgen receptor in mouse ES cells. The activity of the antioxidant enzyme, catalase, was increased by the DHT treatment but not by a co-treatment with DHT and flutamide. Using CM-H(2)DCFDA (DCF-DA) for the detection of intracellular H2O2, DHT decreased the intracellular H2O2 levels but flutamide blocked this effect. H2O2 also increased the level of p38 MAPK, JNK/SAPK, and NF-kappaB phosphorylation, which were inhibited by the DHT pretreatment. Catalase inhibited the effect of H2O2 on MAPKs and NF-kappaB. However, the flutamide treatment abolished the inhibitory effects of DHT on the H2O2-induced increase in the levels of p38 MAPK, JNK/SAPK, and NF-kappaB phosphorylation. DHT inhibited the H2O2-induced increase in caspase-3 expression and decreased the level of Bcl-2 and the cellular inhibitor of apoptosis protein (cIAP)-2. These effects were abolished by the flutamide treatment. In conclusion, DHT prevents the H2O2-induced apoptotic cell death of mouse ES cells through the activation of catalase and the downregulation of p38 MAPK, JNK/SAPK, and NF-kappaB via the androgen receptor.
(c) 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Based on those things, any words about possible side effect? Got to admit i have not read through all the links and stuff yet, lots of text :innocent:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
squeegee said:
idontwanttobebalding look at this interesting link:

Produced in all animal cells, hydrogen peroxide may act as a signal for the active and resting phases of living things, new research by USC biologists suggests.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 145607.htm

f*ck it Squeegee! Let's figure this sh*t out for ourselves and piss on the MD.'s

Who's with me? :firing:

ahhaah!We are not that far! We just need to activate these stem f*****g cells!!!!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
MrBastard said:
Based on those things, any words about possible side effect? Got to admit i have not read through all the links and stuff yet, lots of text :innocent:

Mr. Bastard.. The only side effects you can have from it is a damn headache.. wow.. Go buy it.. frigging cheap and comeback with feedback! Just stay on it and have faith!

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am on day 3 now, will feedback on my resoults :) Only using once daily 3 hours before shower since its so new and experimental

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
MrBastard said:
I am on day 3 now, will feedback on my resoults :) Only using once daily 3 hours before shower since its so new and experimental

God.. :gay: want results? Leave it on! Won't kill you. It is a promise!

thinninghairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
im gonna get another tube tomorrow.

so far ....

looks like the damage i did to receeding bits with various experimental treatments is thickening back up.

also little hairs which were white look dark now.

the headaches arnt so much headaches.. it feels more like slight pressure on side and front of head. similar to the feeling when you make blood rush to ur head when ur a kid.

im using it with keto shampoo .. taurine shampoo... couple drops of "wonder oil " instead of conditioner... so far so good. hair is easy to style and doesnt feel like its going to rip right out my scalp when styling hair.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Jake97 said:
Is there any difference between mico and clotrimazole ?

Yes Mico has nitrate in it which is needed.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Got my tube in the mail today…

…will use it at night and minoxidil during the day

skallagrimur

Established Member
Reaction score
Could you guys name a few products that have Miconazole Nitrate, so I can call my local pharmacy and check if any of them are available without prescription. Thanks..

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
skallagrimur said:
Could you guys name a few products that have Miconazole Nitrate, so I can call my local pharmacy and check if any of them are available without prescription. Thanks..

any anti-fungal cream should have at least 2%

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Miconazole+KCZ:

Hairloss Study Abstract: Hydroxylation of 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol by rat prostate microsomes: potent inhibition by imidazole-type antimycotic drugs and lack of inhibition by steroid 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors.

Title
Hydroxylation of 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol by rat prostate microsomes: potent inhibition by imidazole-type antimycotic drugs and lack of inhibition by steroid 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors.
Author
Gemzik B, Parkinson A
Address
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160-7417.
Source
Arch Biochem Biophys, 296: 2, 1992 Aug 1, 366-73
Abstract
5 alpha-Dihydrotestosterone, the principal androgen mediating prostate growth and function in the rat, is formed from testosterone by steroid 5 alpha-reductase. The inactivation of 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone involves reversible reduction to 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol by 3 beta-hydroxysteroid oxidoreductase followed by 6 alpha-, 7 alpha-, or 7 beta-hydroxylation. 5 alpha-Androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol hydroxylation represents the ultimate inactivation step of dihydrotestosterone in rat prostate and is apparently catalyzed by a single, high-affinity (Km approximately 0.5 microM) microsomal cytochrome P450 enzyme. The present studies were designed to determine if 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol hydroxylation by rat prostate microsomes is inhibited by agents that are known inhibitors of androgen-metabolizing enzymes. Inhibitors of steroid 5 alpha-reductase (4-azasteroid analogs; 10 microM) or inhibitors of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid oxidoreductase (trilostane, azastene, and cyanoketone; 10 microM) had no appreciable effect on the 6 alpha-, 7 alpha-, or 7 beta-hydroxylation of 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol (10 microM) by rat prostate microsomes. Imidazole-type antimycotic drugs (ketoconazole, clotrimazole, and miconazole; 0.1-10 microM) all markedly inhibited 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol hydroxylation in a concentration-dependent manner, whereas triazole-type antimycotic drugs (fluconazole and itraconazole; 0.1-10 microM) had no inhibitory effect. The rank order of inhibitory potency of the imidazole-type antimycotic drugs was miconazole greater than clotrimazole greater than ketoconazole. In the case of clotrimazole, the inhibition was shown to be competitive in nature, with a Ki of 0.03 microM. The imidazole-type antimycotic drugs inhibited all three pathways of 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol hydroxylation to the same extent, which provides further evidence that, in rat prostate microsomes, a single cytochrome P450 enzyme catalyzes the 6 alpha-, 7 alpha-, and 7 beta-hydroxylation of 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol. These studies demonstrate that certain imidazole-type compounds are potent, competitive inhibitors of 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol hydroxylation by rat prostate microsomes, which is consistent with the effect of these antimycotic drugs on cytochrome P450 enzymes involved in the metabolism of other androgens and steroids.

jmoss1982

Reaction score
I've used Nioral shampoo, on and off, for over 11 years. I think it is a vital part of my regimen and everyone with Androgenetic Alopecia should be using it.

A while ago after reading about miconazole I decided to test it out. Before bed I applied some to the areas where I had temporal recession. I did this for two or three nights. I thought that my hair actually receded in that short time. I figured it was all in my head but I stopped any way.

Last week I decided to try it again. This time I used in all along my hairline. Btw I have diffuse loss but my hairline is largely intact. Any way after one use I noticed that I lost hair from the middle of my hair line. Believe me I never listen to people who say things like, "I started using X and after Y weeks my hair started growing." This was readily apparent. And I am not pleased.