Miconazole...

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of people over at regrowth.com experimenting with vagina cream with good results. I haven't experimented myself yet but I am planing on doing so starting next week but only going to use once a day at night.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I read lots of testimonials about this (mainly on female hair forums)...from what I can gather it can help with growth rate of existing hair..I'd be extremely surprised if peeps are getting regrowth with it.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
timallen45 said:
Rabid I am surprised at the lack of feedback about this product!!
:agree:

Did they grow afros and retire?

Squeegee?? Any scientific data on the minoxidil-like effects? Would be nice to start a week on minoxidil, week on micon, assuming they cross-sensitized eachother. :dunno: I'm guessing they do, so if you got on micon alone for a while and had to swtich back to minoxidil you wouldn't then suffer a huge shed right? Would love to get rid of minoxidil entirely, but is long-term use safe?

Just applied to left temple. Zero irritation whatsoever. No other sides. :inlove:

Check out these links:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/ALPHA...+MINOXIDIL+TOPICAL+SOLUTION+AND...-a018169942

That one may partially answer my question about marketing it for hair loss.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/...d=91940&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear
It's also a proven AA. :punk: WTF? Is this not the most perfect hair loss treatment ever?

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea hopefully peeps will start coming forward with their experience using Miconazole? I guarantee many have tried!

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's a previous thread on the stuff:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57738&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Looks like not too many people had good results, but not too many stuck with it either. There appear to be some inconsistencies that Squeegee could hopefully help clarify. No worries man, but you said in the thread we're in now that you got off minoxidil due to sides and started micon alone, and you attribute all your massive regrowth to micon. In the previous thread you said you were on both at same time, was having massive regrowth on both, and thus the combo was the only way to go. :dunno: Did I read it wrong?

Ende

Reaction score
Wouldn't Nizoral 2% cream give the same result? It's the same type of drug.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
Wouldn't Nizoral 2% cream give the same result? It's the same type of drug.

I was (quite possibly wrongly) under the impression that the specific nitrate group on miconazole only gave it special properties similar to minoxidil. Hopefully someone can clear that one up.

Hard to deny that claiming the use of vaginal cream for unbelievably fast male pattern baldness regrowth is going to stir up a lot more hype and interest than simply telling us to use our plain old ordinary friend nizoral. Dam b**ches and their :gay: longhair forum! They're all over their laughing their asses off. :laugh:

:firing: :gay2: :finger2:

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I jumped on this aswell now :D All i chould find was a foot and hand creame though. Hope its not too harsh on the scalp. Expect to get it in the mail 5 - 6ish january

The ingredients are:
Miconazolnitrat 2%, macrogol and glykolstearat (PEG-6 (and) PEG-32 (and) glykolstearat) Oleylmakrogolglyserider, Liquid Paraffin, Benzoic Acid (E 210), Butylhydroksianisol (E 320), Purified water.

The liquid paraffin scares me a bit... Will use it on the temples a few minutes before minoxidil application :)

Daktar 2%
image.html

everlast

Reaction score
I have a question. Can this product have any "womanizing effects"? (I'm talking about things like loss of libido, b**ch tits, etc)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
everlast said:
I have a question. Can this product have any "womanizing effects"? (I'm talking about things like loss of libido, b**ch tits, etc)

No... f***!

hethen

Reaction score
everlast said:

I've been using this for coming up around 2 months consistantly now and I've noticed that if I apply it shortly before sex, my stamina is much lower...it starts getting easy to lose the erection. I'm fine when it's not on my scalp though, or if it's been a few hours since I applied. I do use 4% however, and apply rather generously to the temples. I also use 2% Nizoral shampoo, and I've read that there are correlations between testicular atrophy and ketoconazole...so it may be possible for miconazole as well. Whatever, I'm still gonna be using it, but I'm more careful about time of application now.

boyberm

Reaction score
After I used Miconazole for 4 days , my hair fall of up to 50-100 when I wash my hair. And I also loss my hair in front hairline which I never have problem (I have problem at the crown and vertex only)

Moreover , I saw a white bulb at the end of my hair. Is this a good sign ? Should I stop using ?

PS. sorry for my bad english

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I used my library acces to universiteit to see if there were any scientific articels to find about miconazole and hair growth. I didn't find anything but

I came across a paper that describes a case of cross sensitivity to miconozole and ketaconazol (nizoral etc).

"Upon examination, erythema with scales all over the
scalp was seen. The patient was diagnosed as having
seborrhoeic dermatitis, and prescribed ketoconazole lotion.
The dermatitis worsened greatly after a week of lotion
application, with exudates and crust appearing on the face,
scalp and neck (Fig. 1a, b), and contact allergy to the
prescribed lotion was suspected. Under detailed questioning,
the patient denied any previous use of topical
antimycotics; she revealed, however, that she had started
using an antidandruff shampoo containing miconazole,
after which she got the scalp symptoms. Patch testing with
all the ingredients of the shampoo and with ketoconazole
lotion showed positive reactions to both miconazole and
ketoconazole (Table 1). Therefore, it seemed likely that the
patient had been sensitized first to miconazole in the
shampoo and had then developed crossreactive allergy to
ketoconazole. Patch testing with bifonazole and clotrimazole
creams and tacalcitol lotion were negative.
Oral prednisolone 0.25 mg ? kg ? day was given for
2 weeks, together with topical corticosteroid. Discontinuation
of the miconazole shampoo cleared the patients
original dermatitis." (Imafaku, 2008. p. 411)

She had been using miconazole shampoo for 18 months before she used the ketoconazol shampoo.

I won't post the picture of her neck which resulted from the combination because it is really gross. Ofcourse this only describes one case and the patient was 70 years of age. I think the above states that it was cured but its just something to tell you guys if you ever expierence anything like it! Just a precaution.

Source: Imafuku, S. and J. Nakayama (2008) 'Contact allergy to ketoconazole cross-sensitive to miconazole', Journal compilation 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd: Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, 34, p. 402–425

ps. THE NAME OF THE AUTHOR LEAOELAOELOAELOAELHEUHAEUHAEUHA

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Squeegee,

Couldn't you just get this stuff in the form of foot cream instead of vaginal to avoid embarrassment? This is the stuff you just walk into the drug store for, right? I may even have some around the apt.

Am I missing something?

azurri

Reaction score
hey guys, i usually post on regrowth and wanted to share my experience so far with mico. I started applying it 2 months ago mainly in the evenings, 4-5 times a week. My results so far have been GREAT! My hairloss is mainly around the front and hairline and since applying mico all has thickened up considerably. I hardly lose anymore hair in the shower, my forhead is literally looking smaller daily and trust me i look at myself a lot in the mirror and the best part is its CHEAP!. Im amazed yet dont want to get my hopes up to high jus yet. but ive been fighting hairloss for 10 years and THIS I THE FIRST TIME THAT IVE BEEN THIS EXCITED. Upon starting mico, i initially felt very mild headaches and pressure on my head but these symptoms are completely gone!!

I also started applying topical finasteride around the same time (have been on oral for over 7 years previously) so this would also be part of my current success as well.

Im curious to hear from other users?

good luck!

mann02

Established Member
Reaction score
azurri said:
hey guys, i usually post on regrowth and wanted to share my experience so far with mico. I started applying it 2 months ago mainly in the evenings, 4-5 times a week. My results so far have been GREAT! My hairloss is mainly around the front and hairline and since applying mico all has thickened up considerably. I hardly lose anymore hair in the shower, my forhead is literally looking smaller daily and trust me i look at myself a lot in the mirror and the best part is its CHEAP!. Im amazed yet dont want to get my hopes up to high jus yet. but ive been fighting hairloss for 10 years and THIS I THE FIRST TIME THAT IVE BEEN THIS EXCITED. Upon starting mico, i initially felt very mild headaches and pressure on my head but these symptoms are completely gone!!

I also started applying topical finasteride around the same time (have been on oral for over 7 years previously) so this would also be part of my current success as well.

Im curious to hear from other users?

good luck!

Are there any before and after pics?

antone

Reaction score
squeegee said:
fireman said:
Sup fellas, been a while since I've posted here.

I was on finasteride for about 2 years with no luck so I dropped that about a year ago. Can't say that I have noticed an increase in shedding or anything since I've been off it. I did get some mild sides on finasteride, after a year I dropped down to .625 mg every other day and that seemed to do the trick.

Nowadays I just lurk the forums occasionally in hopes for a miracle cure :jackit: . Recently, I tried out miconazole 2% cream just on my hairline and it seems to at least do a nice job of thickening up hairs or increase the growth rate. Not sure if it's regrowing anything yet as I've only been on it for about 2 weeks.

I started off using it twice daily, once in the morning and once at night. After a few days of usage I'm pretty sure I started getting some sides(mild headache, lower sex drive, achy nipples), so I started putting on smaller amounts and only applied it at night. This was pretty surprising as I've only been using it for a very short amount of time, and I didn't think it could cause sides like that.

Basically just wondering if anyone else has tried this out yet with success, and if anyone is experiencing sides like this? I'm thinking of just dropping it all together as I don't want to deal with bullshit sides :dunno:

Yes that vaginal sh*t works! I took it twice a day for months... the magical stuff in it is nitrate.. I also took the 4%.. Side effects were headaches. which is probably due by the extra oxygen ..and this why your hair is getting thicker.. DTH induce hydrogen.. I got a terrible shed stopping it.. still trying to recover lol

Read this :

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA= ... SPLAY=DESC

Wonder if we could have better results with needling??

Hey squeegee,
What relation there are between miconazole and your link (ozone-oxigen stuff)?