Miconazole...

fireman

Reaction score
Sup fellas, been a while since I've posted here.

I was on finasteride for about 2 years with no luck so I dropped that about a year ago. Can't say that I have noticed an increase in shedding or anything since I've been off it. I did get some mild sides on finasteride, after a year I dropped down to .625 mg every other day and that seemed to do the trick.

Nowadays I just lurk the forums occasionally in hopes for a miracle cure :jackit: . Recently, I tried out miconazole 2% cream just on my hairline and it seems to at least do a nice job of thickening up hairs or increase the growth rate. Not sure if it's regrowing anything yet as I've only been on it for about 2 weeks.

I started off using it twice daily, once in the morning and once at night. After a few days of usage I'm pretty sure I started getting some sides(mild headache, lower sex drive, achy nipples), so I started putting on smaller amounts and only applied it at night. This was pretty surprising as I've only been using it for a very short amount of time, and I didn't think it could cause sides like that.

Basically just wondering if anyone else has tried this out yet with success, and if anyone is experiencing sides like this? I'm thinking of just dropping it all together as I don't want to deal with bullshit sides :dunno:

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't answer your question but I'm wondering how you didn't get any effect from finasteride. Do you think you've been getting fake finasteride? Also, have you tried minoxidil?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
fireman said:
Sup fellas, been a while since I've posted here.

I was on finasteride for about 2 years with no luck so I dropped that about a year ago. Can't say that I have noticed an increase in shedding or anything since I've been off it. I did get some mild sides on finasteride, after a year I dropped down to .625 mg every other day and that seemed to do the trick.

Nowadays I just lurk the forums occasionally in hopes for a miracle cure :jackit: . Recently, I tried out miconazole 2% cream just on my hairline and it seems to at least do a nice job of thickening up hairs or increase the growth rate. Not sure if it's regrowing anything yet as I've only been on it for about 2 weeks.

I started off using it twice daily, once in the morning and once at night. After a few days of usage I'm pretty sure I started getting some sides(mild headache, lower sex drive, achy nipples), so I started putting on smaller amounts and only applied it at night. This was pretty surprising as I've only been using it for a very short amount of time, and I didn't think it could cause sides like that.

Basically just wondering if anyone else has tried this out yet with success, and if anyone is experiencing sides like this? I'm thinking of just dropping it all together as I don't want to deal with bullshit sides :dunno:

Yes that vaginal sh*t works! I took it twice a day for months... the magical stuff in it is nitrate.. I also took the 4%.. Side effects were headaches. which is probably due by the extra oxygen ..and this why your hair is getting thicker.. DTH induce hydrogen.. I got a terrible shed stopping it.. still trying to recover lol

Read this :

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA= ... SPLAY=DESC

Wonder if we could have better results with needling??

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
So Squegee you stopped using it because of headaches which is understandable....but I'm puzzled as to why you didn't lower the dose or frequency of application if it worked for you? Thanks

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
timallen45 said:
So Squegee you stopped using it because of headaches which is understandable....but I'm puzzled as to why you didn't lower the dose or frequency of application if it worked for you? Thanks

No I stop using it because it is a pain in the arse! I hate topical sh*t! Being in the military is kind of embarrassing to have vaginal cream in your personal sh*t! But it works.. I found 4% Mico on Ebay one time was using it..my hair got thicker really fast.. having an haircut every 2 weeks I can see a difference.. and telling your that it works!

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
So Squeegie, thanks for answering, can you please answer the following?:

-How would you compare it to minoxidil?
-Did it regrow hair in balding areas or does it just make your hair grow faster?

Thanks again, I guess what im getting at is does it grow hair in thinning areas on its own......I understand it makes the hair that you have grow faster. I was on minoxidil for a couple years and it worked pretty good but I had to quit about 5 months ago. Since then I have clearly formed the NW5 outline. I am very thin on top. Look forward to hearing from you!
ps:Can't do Finas. Im currently on LC and Nizoral, which isn't doing anything except making my scalp feel healtier...hair still falling fast since stopping minoxidil.
Tim

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
boyberm said:
squeegee , Did you use together with Minoxidil ?

Nope, that would be a killer combo for regrowing.. I had small hairs regrowing in the middle of my temple lol! I was putting Miconazole Nitrate right after my shower when my hair was not dried up completely.. Probably giving you headaches sometime but who cares! The more often you are using it less side effects you have..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
timallen45 said:
So Squeegie, thanks for answering, can you please answer the following?:

-How would you compare it to minoxidil?
-Did it regrow hair in balding areas or does it just make your hair grow faster?

Thanks again, I guess what im getting at is does it grow hair in thinning areas on its own......I understand it makes the hair that you have grow faster. I was on minoxidil for a couple years and it worked pretty good but I had to quit about 5 months ago. Since then I have clearly formed the NW5 outline. I am very thin on top. Look forward to hearing from you!
ps:Can't do Finas. Im currently on LC and Nizoral, which isn't doing anything except making my scalp feel healtier...hair still falling fast since stopping minoxidil.
Tim

Everybody is different but even on minoxidil you have more regrow but your hair still look thinner than normal..with Miconazole Nitrate your hair look fuller and thicker everywhere.. Just a big booster.. and really cheap.. Look on egay and try to find a package deal with 30-45 gr tubes.. so you don't have to go at the drugstore looking for vaginal or foot cream all the time.. 2 or 4% is pretty much the same results.. I tried every kind of anti fungal cream for the fun of it. Miconazole Nitrate is still the king of spades. It filled my temples and front area really nicely..I don't have vertex problems.. but as soon as I quit within a month I got into a f*****g shed and lost it all.. Just to show that a balding scalp is missing something! I forgot to say that your hair grow at a faster rate! Just be steady twice a day 7 days a week.. and stay on it!

Nene

Reaction score
I am attempting to use it as well. I have some velus hairs that I'm dying to thicken up. Only problem is I use minoxidil so I try spread out applications of minoxidil and Miconazole. Because of this I end up using like once a day at most.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Squegee!

-Do you miss the hair you lost?
-Going to go back on it?

-Did you shed when you started?

-You said you were NOT on minoxidil when you gained hair from Miconazole correct?

-Did it help with shedding at all? I am losing at a fast rate! To be honest I really don't care that it would make my hair grow faster, I just want the Miconazole to stop the loss and thicken it a little and id be happy!!!

By the way, minoxidil did thicken my hair. The new growth from minoxidil was very small and thin but what hair I had before getting on minoxidil got fatter, darker and healthier looking on the minoxidil. I quit about 5 months ago so I am no where near that....can't tolerate minoxidil it made my face bloated. I am really looking forward to your responses, especially the slowing or stopping of hairloss question:)
Thanks again bro! I (We) really appreciate it!

fireman

Reaction score
Sorry guys don't have any pics for ya right now. Gotta find my crappy digital camera first(it has terrible resolution so I'm not sure if it would be of much help).

The sides seemed to have dropped drastically as of now. I'm just trying to apply it to my actual hair follicles right now and avoid rubbing it into my skin too much(which is pretty difficult since I buzz my hair). I'm still noticing minor headaches throughout the day, but I'm hoping that will eventually go away.

I'd definitely recommend this stuff...especially if you don't get sides from it. I believe it has slowed/stopped shedding and I even think it helps a bit with inflammation. Not sure if it's actually regrowing anything(maybe I should invest in a new camera... :whistle: ), but the area I'm applying it to is looking better.

btw I'm using the cvs brand 2% cream. Not sure if you actually want to go to the store and buy it though as it was pretty awkward for me haha. I wish they had self check-out there...

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
timallen45 said:
Thanks Squegee!

-Do you miss the hair you lost?
-Going to go back on it?

-Did you shed when you started?

-You said you were NOT on minoxidil when you gained hair from Miconazole correct?

-Did it help with shedding at all? I am losing at a fast rate! To be honest I really don't care that it would make my hair grow faster, I just want the Miconazole to stop the loss and thicken it a little and id be happy!!!

By the way, minoxidil did thicken my hair. The new growth from minoxidil was very small and thin but what hair I had before getting on minoxidil got fatter, darker and healthier looking on the minoxidil. I quit about 5 months ago so I am no where near that....can't tolerate minoxidil it made my face bloated. I am really looking forward to your responses, especially the slowing or stopping of hairloss question:)
Thanks again bro! I (We) really appreciate it!

OK. just got back on it! Just bought a tube of Mico 2% then going to surf egay to get some more.. If you guys find a good brand which is not much greasy..post it!

- No I didn't shed at first.. my hair looking healthier and thicker weeks after weeks..
- Everything from Mico topically.
- I am not a big shedder at all.. So I can't tell you but I did shed when I stopped using it. Like crazy! My hair got so thin not funny..
-minoxidil makes my face bloated, black raccoons eyes and left me with bad wrinkles on my forehead. f*** this sh*t.

Established Member
Reaction score
I use this stuff, 2% Miconazole.

00001vCOL1611.jpg

5oz 15€ (20$) with shipping.

Thats 150g, compare that with monistat.

link

Coloplast Baza Antifungal Moisture Barrier Cream in a Zinc-oxide based formulation with 2% Miconazole Nitrate to inhibit fungal growth and treat candidiasis (yeast of monilia), jock itch, ringworm, and athlete's foot. Provides a moisture barrier against urine and feces. Baza® Antifungal inhibits fungal growth and treats candidiasis (yeast or monilia), jock itch, ringworm, and athlete's foot.

Baza Protect offers the benefits of three barriers in one product - zinc oxide, dimethicone and petrolatum - for superior everyday wetnessprotection. Relieves and prevents the discomfort of diaper dermatitisin patients ranging from newborns to geriatrics

fireman

Reaction score
5920715 said:
I use this stuff, 2% Miconazole.

00001vCOL1611.jpg

5oz 15€ (20$) with shipping.

Thats 150g, compare that with monistat.

link

Coloplast Baza Antifungal Moisture Barrier Cream in a Zinc-oxide based formulation with 2% Miconazole Nitrate to inhibit fungal growth and treat candidiasis (yeast of monilia), jock itch, ringworm, and athlete's foot. Provides a moisture barrier against urine and feces. Baza® Antifungal inhibits fungal growth and treats candidiasis (yeast or monilia), jock itch, ringworm, and athlete's foot.

Baza Protect offers the benefits of three barriers in one product - zinc oxide, dimethicone and petrolatum - for superior everyday wetnessprotection. Relieves and prevents the discomfort of diaper dermatitisin patients ranging from newborns to geriatrics

That stuff looks pretty interesting. I wish they had that at cvs/walgreens so I wouldn't have to buy something with a vaginal anti-fungal label on it.

Anyone know about other miconazole nitrate creams sold at cvs/walgreens that aren't specifically for vaginal infections? I don't know if I want it shipped since it's freezing in chicago, and that might mess with the active ingredients if it's left outside for too long.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
What about the old concern about encouraging highly resistent fungi with long-term use as this stuff is intended for short-term use?

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
You mean to tell me this stuff is as effective as minoxidil without the disfiguring and other systemic sides!? :ididit:

I'm actually not skeptical because the proposed mechanism of action is so similar to minoxidil. :punk: Would love to hear more feedback from users.

Why wouldn't the makers have repackaged it and sought approval for a hair loss version? Would make more sense than topical minoxidil, originally a not so safe oral blood pressure pill.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
fireman said:
That stuff looks pretty interesting. I wish they had that at cvs/walgreens so I wouldn't have to buy something with a vaginal anti-fungal label on it.

Yeah man, what the entire store might accuse you of having a GF/wife! Even worse, that she has a vagina!! :shock: