Maxifoot's Story- 3 years on finasteride (Pics updated as of 22/05)

setala

Reaction score
Re: Maxifoot's Story- 2 years on finasteride (Pics updated as of 31/05)

Based on pics you uploaded, I honestly do not think you're bald
or going to be bald..Perhaps you should take a look at NW2,3 guys at your age..

kabooski

Reaction score

Hair is doing just fine. I don't see any drastic thinning as you think you have. I would expect after 2 years and over 6000 hairs lost for there to be a major difference, and there really is none.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Pics under a different light.

Maybe you will change your opinon about it maybe not.

Please keep in my mind that my goal is not to conviced anyone but just to have outside opinion as I am not very good at being realistic with my hairloss (like a lot of people).

Cheers

Attachments

• Crown - Angle 7.gif
    Crown - Angle 7.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 263
  • Crown - Angle 6.gif
    Crown - Angle 6.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 256

metadalll

Reaction score

dude compare those pics to some of the ones you posted at the start of this and it's actually better, besides under that harsh of light with your hair parted and a little greasy you'll look balding no matter what

kabooski

Reaction score

looks like the back has thinned a bit, but the front hairline has thicken up
But most of your photos, the hairline goes to the side as it reached the crown.

2ywzqfd.jpg

2nlectz.jpg

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

3 more pics, 2 of my crown with wet hair and 1 of my hairline (definitly not at my best).

I am done with posting pics for the next 3 months.

Hope next time I post minoxidil will have started to do the job.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Combed Back - Wet Hair.gif
    Combed Back - Wet Hair.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 287
  • Wet Hair.gif
    Wet Hair.gif
    2 MB · Views: 253
  • Temple.gif
    Temple.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 288

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Any comments on the Pics with wet hair ?

BRoyJenkins

Reaction score

I honestly cannot see a problem. To me anyway, there is no noticeable difference whatsoever. And if your hair is thinning, then it doesn't show one little bit. I think you may be like I was back when I had more hair: it sounds like you're seeing it worse than it actually is.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

From what I can tell you probably won't see much improvement on your current regimen. However, it does look like you have maintained for the most part and that is far better than losing it all! You still have most of your hair, which is a huge plus.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

So now the real is question for me is how long someone can maintain his hairs after two years on treatment ?

I getting fed up with Kirkland itching is a nighmare and after close to 4 months applying it I am still not sure that It produced any kind of positive effect.

Any comment is welcome as usual.

Maxifoot

malo

Established Member
Reaction score

I have used Rogaine liquid twice a day for years. Once in the morning after I shower and once in the evening on a dry scalp before bed.
Every morning I would wake up with an insane itch anywhere I applied it.
So I started to rinse my hair in the sink at night before applying it. I just took a few cups of water poured it on my scalp gently massaged it in and then applied the rogaine. The itch stopped completely. Hope this helps.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Thks Malo for the advice.

I was wondering, is there any risk of liquid minoxidil doing more harm then good by causing such awful itches ?

malo

Established Member
Reaction score

Not being a medical professional I could not be sure, but lets face it if your scalp is red or inflamed that can't be good. That's one of the reasons I started hydrating my scalp in the evening.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Hi All,

I need an advice. I am approaching the 6 months mark on Kirkland minoxidil.

So far nothing to report, I did not gain in density and I am suffering from itches.

Do you advise me to order another 6 months supply ?

To switch back to Rogaine Foam (at least with this one there is no itches) ?

To stop minoxidil and to rely only on Propecia ?

Best,

Maxifoot

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score

I really think there is progress, also on the hairline!

This definitely is much better than it used to be. You are definitely not aggressively balding and nobody thinks you are. Give yourself a break and try to continue living your life. Apply your stuff and you'll maintain what you got - and it's good.

Anybody will look like that in the spotlight. Nothing to worry about, you have thickened up. Regarding the shedding: I've shedded on minoxidil and on Propecia. Way more on minoxidil though. I have a lot of hair still. So do you. I just imagine that someone who has the tendency to shed does so more when he has more hair on top because there simply is more to shed. Stop counting what comes off your head. It's important what stays on. And there is photo-proof that it not only hasn't gotten worse but it has stayed and became better!!

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Thks for the answer.

Anyone else has an idea on what to do with minoxidil ?

extremeblizz

Reaction score

Look maxifoot, I didn't read the entire thread but I strongly suggest you use regaine foam- I don't know if they sell it in france but you could always get it off ebay or they sell it in the UK in a store called Boots, very common store in the UK- that's where I got mine (I visit the UK every couple of months- so that's where I get my foam).
So you could always catch the eurotrain from paris to london and get some ;).

I was suffering from everything you're describing- insane "kill-me-now-please!" itching, actually my entire body was itching like crazy, that's the first thing I was ever allergic to- I had used minoxidil liquid for half a year and I was fine but suddenly it started itching and I kept trying to use less and less but not only was my scalp inflamed and itching I had actually taken some skin off in some places with some hairs!
It was one of the worst experiences of my life, luckily I had picked up a 3 pack of regaine foam that was lying there collecting dust in my house, I started using it just to see what would happen since I read it doesn't cause itching...

Suddenly, I had returned to normal! My life was my own!
Not only did this foam dry in about 5 minutes (liquid= 1-2 hours), it didn't grease my hair (acts like sort of a thickner/hardner), and most of all-
IT DIDN'T ITCH! Not at all!
My scalp just felt like what it should- A normal, non-inflamed scalp!

I truly suggest to you to at least try the foam, I didn't even have the time to put the liquid twice every day, I tried but it takes too long to dry before bed and it's so annoying to wait for it to dry, I'm not saying it's bad it's just way harder to maintain the regimen, with the foam I can easily do twice a day and I can style my hair easily!

Another option would be a 5%/15% minoxidil liquid with Azelaic acid and no ppg (ppg=causes itching), Azelaic acid is used as a topical replacment for propecia, since it's topical it "should" (never tried it, so can't comment) not have any side effects since it doesn't enter your system.
If you want I/anyone here would probably easily post links to some/all the products mentioned here.

Look, just to wrap it up- never forget that the most important thing in any regiment is persistence, so make the regiment something that you feel fits in your lifestyle and something you can sustain, the worst thing is to stop and start again months later, every day is a day you can fight the good fight!

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Horrible day, I am done with Kirkland minoxidil, I am fed up with the itches, I am back on Rogaine Foam....

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Maxifoot's Story- 2 years on finasteride (Pics updated as of 18/09)

I quit liquid minoxidil for Rogain Foam, as a consequence my scalp does not itch anymore.

For the thinning nothing good to report, still in progress

Attachments

• 20110918.gif
    20110918.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 321