Maxifoot's Story- 3 years on finasteride (Pics updated as of 22/05)

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Maxifoot's Story- Pics updated as of 25082010

Yep, but I think this guy's hair is fine enough to need any regrowth. Using just -and becoming dependant to- finasteride would have been better as it's less labourious. You can have regrowth in long-term also. But most of the minoxidil-people have the best results around in 6 month milestone than things start to go bad. I said "most", not "all" BTW.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

The crown from a different angle :(

Attachments

• Crown from a different angle - Dry Hair 25082010.gif
    Crown from a different angle - Dry Hair 25082010.gif
    2 MB · Views: 286

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

ivangennaro said:
Yep, but I think this guy's hair is fine enough to need any regrowth. Using just -and becoming dependant to- finasteride would have been better as it's less labourious. You can have regrowth in long-term also. But most of the minoxidil-people have the best results around in 6 month milestone than things start to go bad. I said "most", not "all" BTW.

Dude I think you've got it wrong.minoxidil wont do any harm to your hair,its a hypertrichotic agent.There are people out there who have maintained on MIN alone for a long time.According to studies your hair count stays above baseline even after 5 years.So it all depends on the individual,his genes and his response to the drug.Once you get used to it,it ain't all that difficult to apply either :)

You're right MIN alone wont help you in the long run but if you want any sort of regrowth,MIN must be in your regimen.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

ivangennaro said:

Well I have been on minoxidil for more then 6 months (9 months as of today) AND on finasteride for more then a year (15 months as of today)....

I don't know what is long term but I am getting tired of waiting for the long term result of my treatment....

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

I don't get it, 15 months in and things are worse.

Propecia is supposed to work best at maintening the crown but for a reason that I don't get it doesn't work for me.

F*** male pattern baldness !!!!

Attachments

• Crown 31012010.GIF
    Crown 31012010.GIF
    77.9 KB · Views: 263
  • Crown 11092010.gif
    Crown 11092010.gif
    348.1 KB · Views: 270

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score

Dude, I really dont see anything wrong with your hair, I dont see any bald spots just the scalp down the part line. You have a pretty nice head of my hair in my opinion. I would keep the regimine that your using.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

skelll said:
Dude, I really dont see anything wrong with your hair, I dont see any bald spots just the scalp down the part line. You have a pretty nice head of my hair in my opinion. I would keep the regimine that your using.

Hi,

Thks for your answer

The crown is thinner I can feel it when I touch it. I have edited my previous post and have uploaded a new photo which show more clearly that after 15 months in Propecia didn't do anything goog for my crown so far.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

BornIn89 said:
I think you might have BDD.

So for you I am "crazy" .... ?

Well perhaps I am a bit too focused on hairloss but I don't think that I have BDD

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

BDD doesn't mean you are crazy.....It can be corrected.

Petchsky

Reaction score

Maxifoot said:
BornIn89 said:
I think you might have BDD.

So for you I am "crazy" .... ?

Well perhaps I am a bit too focused on hairloss but I don't think that I have BDD

Maybe, maybe not, but you have lost all perspective on your hair. I bet that you stare in the mirror a lot, which is really just torturing yourself and self defeating.

Your crown is solid, there is no loss there from the photos, You were balding, but stopped it early. 15 months in and you won't get any new regrowth, but you're a NW2 anyway!

Your hair looks worse to you than everyone else, that I can guarantee.

p.s Pretty much everyones hair looks see through when wet, male pattern baldness or not...

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

I really think you are scared about this way too much.

You're parting your hair in the middle and given how it's evident it's thickened up its still going to show some scalp based on that middle part.

Try parting it on the side and see if that works better for you.

Whatever you do, don't give up minoxidil and finasteride, you seem to be doing great on it.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Maxifoot's Story- (Pics updated as of 25/08/2010)

Crazy shedding in progress, don't know what is going I've never shed like this before. Hope it's seasonal otherwise..... I'm fucked

Reaction score

Hey man,

I think I can understand where you're coming from. Even though these guys are right, and your hair loss is MINOR at best, you are obviously in freak-out mode because you are unused to the idea of having even less-than-perfect hair. I think I am in a similar situation since my hair has always been incredibly thick, and even the slightest hint of scalp has me on edge since it is something I have never experienced before.

With that said-- finasteride's statistics are roughly 42% hair growth, 48% maintenance, and 10% no results. With the pictures you have posted in the time frame you have set, you seem to be on the maintenance side of things. So take that for what it's worth-- your hair will now be what it is for the next decade or so, provided you keep up with your regimen.

If having a wide part on your hair really bothers you, I would suggest that you cut your hair shorter and part it from the side. My hair looks exactly like yours when I have it as long and parted in the middle, but when I get a shorter haircut and bunch my hair up top and part it at the side, the part of my hair looks less obvious. However, do not get it too short-- I made the mistake of completely shaving my hair off when I noticed a wide part similar to yours and saw that my hair wasn't growing anymore in certain places. It's best not to know and just let your thick long hair hide those parts.

Yes, it is a pain to come down and realize that a beautifully thick hair you had when you were in your early twenties isn't forever. But you should know that your hair LOOKS GOOD and around 95% of the people around you would not even consider that you have hair loss. And I'm speaking of any and all possible angles strangers and friends around you might look at your hair-- from a second floor window on a sunny day as you stand outside, or when you tilt your head to look at a sign as your friend next to you watches your head--95% of those people will think you have perfectly fine hair. Furthermore, your hair loss seems to be stalled and you will keep the hair you have on now for at least ten more years.

The question you have to ask yourself is this: Is that good enough for you?

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

15 months on Propecia and I think today I've reached a climax in term of numbers of hairs shed during my shower.

It's absolutly crazy, I don't get it since I started the treatment I didn't notice any kind of improvement at best there were no change in term of shedding but now (for the last 1,5 month) I am going through a "crazy shedding period"

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Scalp is inflamed and shedding is noticably heavier then it was 6 months ago.

I am thinking about stoping the foam.

Still taking my propecia everday.

Attachments

• PB160014.gif
    PB160014.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 288

JohnDoe1989

Reaction score
Re: Maxifoot's Story- (Pics updated as of 21/11/2010 17 months)

Hi there,

I notice that u said you'r shedding when u are showering. It could be becouse the use of the shampoo. When i first used nizoral my hair had no problem with it => no dandruff, no itching, etc. But after some months i developed some problems(LOTS of dandruff) with it. And now i just simply wash my hair with water under high pressure to clean the scalp like 3-4 hours after i've applied minoxidil. And it seems to work. And i've noticed that when i wash my hair with shampoo i loss more hair than when i simply wash it with water. If u don't want to simply wash your hair this way, you could buy a BIO shampoo(look for 100% natural products - most shampoo have Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and other parabens that destroy your hair) - for your TYPE of hair - but i guess if you have problems with nizoral - for dry hair.

And If this doesn't solve your problem then you've got a periodical shedding, nothing to worry about. You did well to stop the foam. Used it again when u see your problem stopped and when u think you need it.

In my opinion you've got a GREAT HAIR. It's NORMAL for u're type of hair(CURLY) at your age to have a more thin hair than when u was 18. In the first pic(1 month) your hair definitely had a problem, now i can't see one. Don't think so much about your hair or how u look, becouse u could lose a lot of good stuff in your life(i'm not saying to not do something about it, but if u do then don't be paranoid cause u can't solve the problem by doing that and u cause yourself much harm and useless pain.)

PS: I have a friend(21) who has similar hair and didn't ever had a problem with it.

PS2: If you didn't experienced SIDE EFFECTS from finasteride you could go on generic dutasteride 0.25mg AOD(buy it off the internet). It's far more better than the finasteride, with 3 days half life(not 8hours), a 97% serum inhibition of DHT and LOWER SIDES.
See here a clinical study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1472914/

I hope it helps.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

JohnDoe1989 said:
Hi there,

I notice that u said you'r shedding when u are showering. It could be becouse the use of the shampoo. When i first used nizoral my hair had no problem with it => no dandruff, no itching, etc. But after some months i developed some problems(LOTS of dandruff) with it. And now i just simply wash my hair with water under high pressure to clean the scalp like 3-4 hours after i've applied minoxidil. And it seems to work. And i've noticed that when i wash my hair with shampoo i loss more hair than when i simply wash it with water. If u don't want to simply wash your hair this way, you could buy a BIO shampoo(look for 100% natural products - most shampoo have Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and other parabens that destroy your hair) - for your TYPE of hair - but i guess if you have problems with nizoral - for dry hair.

And If this doesn't solve your problem then you've got a periodical shedding, nothing to worry about. You did well to stop the foam. Used it again when u see your problem stopped and when u think you need it.

In my opinion you've got a GREAT HAIR. It's NORMAL for u're type of hair(CURLY) at your age to have a more thin hair than when u was 18. In the first pic(1 month) your hair definitely had a problem, now i can't see one. Don't think so much about your hair or how u look, becouse u could lose a lot of good stuff in your life(i'm not saying to not do something about it, but if u do then don't be paranoid cause u can't solve the problem by doing that and u cause yourself much harm and useless pain.)

PS: I have a friend(21) who has similar hair and didn't ever had a problem with it.

PS2: If you didn't experienced SIDE EFFECTS from finasteride you could go on generic dutasteride 0.25mg AOD(buy it off the internet). It's far more better than the finasteride, with 3 days half life(not 8hours), a 97% serum inhibition of DHT and LOWER SIDES.
See here a clinical study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1472914/

I hope it helps.

I hope you are just kidding. :)

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Indeed, the only side effect that I've been sufering from propecia is a decrease in the amount of semen.

Regarding dutasteride, well even if at this stage I am not satisfied whitn my results with Propecia I won't change for dutasteride, too risky for me a this stage.

JohnDoe1989

Reaction score

mpbsux20 said:
I hope you are just kidding. :)

Here is the study results http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1472914/table/T1/. I don't understand why are u saying that dutasteride is more dangerous than finasteride so please explain properly because i really want to jump to dutasteride. I think if u go on dutasteride like 0.25 AOD you will experience lower sides than 2mg finasteride every day. Just my though about the matter.I don't have any sides from finasteride at 1mg/day but it dosn't work like i would had hoped.