Maxifoot's Story- 3 years on finasteride (Pics updated as of 22/05)

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Maxifoot's Story- ( 27 / it's time to fight)

10 months on Propecia + 4 months on Rogaine and Nizoral 1%
Heavy shed in process (started 3 weeks ago).

I'll be happy to read your comments.

Attachments

• Combed Back 16042010.GIF
    Combed Back 16042010.GIF
    2.2 MB · Views: 295
  • Crown Wet 16042010.GIF
    Crown Wet 16042010.GIF
    2.1 MB · Views: 292
  • Crown 16042010.GIF
    Crown 16042010.GIF
    2.6 MB · Views: 281

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Hair seems ok to me there.....it just looks like a part in the middle and not a bald strip.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

I have been a binge drinker for a while now (+10 years). By binge drinking I mean no alcohol during the week and massive alcohol consumption during the weekend.

I feel that I've hurt quiet badly my body and feel depressed because of it. Noticing the thinning of my hair had been a destroying event for me because I realised that I was getting older and that my current life was far away from the life that I ve always wanted to live.

I feel guilty for what is happening to me, I need to rebound.

Maxifoot

jimjams

Reaction score

Dude, you need to look at your baseline pics and compare with the latest ones, especially the wet look. You are making progress, it is clear as day.

Like all these pics though, seeing in person can be quite different and what has happened is you are over examining yourself.... stop worrying because it looks to me like you are making progress.... 10mths is still early days... you got at least another 14mths ntil you see full effect.

Good luck and keep us posted. :)

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

11 months on Propecia + 5 months on Rogaine Foam & Nizoral

Still shedding heavily, don't know what to think about it so far.

Attachments

• Crown Wet 15052010.GIF
    Crown Wet 15052010.GIF
    1.7 MB · Views: 278
  • Combed Back 15052010.GIF
    Combed Back 15052010.GIF
    2.3 MB · Views: 262
  • Hairline 15052010.GIF
    Hairline 15052010.GIF
    1.9 MB · Views: 288

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Pics of dry hair

Attachments

• Hairline Dry 15052010.GIF
    Hairline Dry 15052010.GIF
    1.7 MB · Views: 268
  • Crown 15052010.GIF
    Crown 15052010.GIF
    2.4 MB · Views: 239
  • Combed Back dry 15052010.GIF
    Combed Back dry 15052010.GIF
    2.6 MB · Views: 246

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

I think I will slow down the update rate of this hairloss journal, an update every 3 months is enough.

Sa far looking at those pics doesn't make me feel good, perhaps I lose my rationality when it comes to my hair loss perhaps things are getting worse and I don't like being a witness of this ....

Cheers

peter079

Established Member
Reaction score

That's exactly the kind of hair I had ten years ago. Same colour and waves.
I've barely got a third of it left today.

But I started loosing it when I was 21 and fast.
My scalp was always very itchy and I was scratching it a lot, not realising that I was loosing hair till someone pointed it out.
After that I never touched my hair, scared that it will fall out, but the itch continued.
Then I was told that male pattern baldness often starts with an itchy scalp, and the worse the male pattern baldness the worse the itch. So that's what happened to me.

But your hair looks really good still. It's the kind of hair that is hard to style because it doesnt stand up, but likes to stay flat. So the part in the middle always shows through.
I bet if you cut you hair to about 1.5 inches, your part would not show.

Galaxy86

Reaction score

To me your hair looks great.

You are just styling it wrong when you take pictures, if you brush it that way, of course your gonna see scalp! it's the direction you brush your hair, Plus it wet, it's normal, and your using flash, and with flash sometimes whatever is closest to the camera will appear thinner! In this case your middle scalp.

Maybe if you trying cutting your hair and styling it like Matt damon or something, it would look better, without that windows peak look on the top.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

12 months mark is in sight.

Shedding is heavy and what worries me the most is that hairs shed are very small one.

Hairline is getting worse and the crown is getting thinner and thinner

I won't post pics will wait another 2 months before posting pics because to see pics of my head really make feel bad.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

I think I'm screwed.

I've been on treatment for more then a year and did not experienced anything good.

Shedding is still heavy, hair quality is getting worse and worse month after month.

The 'Seen through' effect is awfull when my hair is wet, the hairline is awfull the crown is thinner then ever.

How can someone with no one bald in his family can be bald by the time he is 30, I don't get it.

The thinning is diffused all over the top of my head. In a few months I won't be able to hide it anymore.

I started Propecia as a "preventive measure" at a time when no one would have considered that have hairloss ,13 months later it's a disaster.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

For information purpose does anyone on this forum had experienced the same situation than me but in the end managed to maintain & regain some hairs ?

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Finaly an update.

I'll be happy to have a third party opinion about how things are going for me (I am not that good in giving my opinion when it comes to my hairloss).

Cheers guys.

Attachments

• Crown - with Rogaine 25082010.gif
    Crown - with Rogaine 25082010.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 331
  • Crown - Dry Hair 25082010.gif
    Crown - Dry Hair 25082010.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 284

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Maxifoot's Story- Pics updated as of 25082010

You got a f*****g shitload of hair from what I can see.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Vertex thining.

Any other opinion about how things are going for me (I've already given mine....)

Attachments

• Vertex - 25082010.gif
    Vertex - 25082010.gif
    2 MB · Views: 281

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Your hair looks a lot thicker and better now...

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

So far 2 of you consider that my hairs are ok and that I am doign well with treatments.

Any new opinion ?

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score

You got nothing. The hair look perfectly fine. With wet hair and flash from above even Benicio del Toro would look bald.

BTW, if I were you, I wouldn't start minoxidil and make my hair dependant to it. If you give up minoxidil, all the positive effect will be gone. You know that don't you?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

ivangennaro said:
You got nothing. The hair look perfectly fine. With wet hair and flash from above even Benicio del Toro would look bald.

BTW, if I were you, I wouldn't start minoxidil and make my hair dependant to it. If you give up minoxidil, all the positive effect will be gone. You know that don't you?

If you dont use it,you wouldn't experience much regrowth or any regrowth at all...You might as well use it when you're young and have a good chance of regrowing and thickening things up.

Any hairloss regimen is permanent i.e. you need to use it as long as you need your hair.