Maxifoot's Story- 3 years on finasteride (Pics updated as of 22/05)

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm 27 from France and noticed I was losing hair 8 months ago.
I've been on Propecia for 6 months (without any improvement so far) and I've decided to add to my regimen Rogaine Foam (1 caps / day only before going to bed) and Nizoral.

I used for the first time rogaine yesterday night December 30th and I used Nizoral for the first time this morning December 31th (before I was using a shampoo called Node DS).

I've decided that now it's to time fight and therefore as of today I'm a new member of the "Big 3 users community" for the best I hope.

Having no one in my family that is bald I've never been really thinking about it. My father is 55 years old and is absolutly not bald, my mother has 4 brothers none of them is balding (and they are over 50 years old). Both of my grand pa's didn't died bald but.... unfortunatly there is a but ..... I'm balding.

So far no one has ever noticed it and when I talk to people about it they are all thinking that I'm crazy but my barber and I know the ugly truth... I'm balding mainly on the top of my head. Probably this why nobody has never noticed it.

Cheers,

Maxifoot

Attachments

• Top with  wet hair - 31122009.GIF
    Top with wet hair - 31122009.GIF
    2.2 MB · Views: 767
  • Comb Over - Fontal View 31122009.GIF
    Comb Over - Fontal View 31122009.GIF
    1.9 MB · Views: 692
  • Top Dry Hair.GIF
    Top Dry Hair.GIF
    1.7 MB · Views: 649

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Maxifoot it's time to fight

I forgot to mention that since that I've been taking finasterid I didn't ever had any kind of side effects. I had an excess shed around month 3 and 4 but I don't know if it's because of the Propecia or if it's just the normal balding process that is going on.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Bonjour !! Are you sure it is not due to some deficiency ? Have you consulted a Doctor yet ? Have your temples receded too ? To me it doesn't seem like typical male pattern baldness considering your family history.Why dont you consult the local dermatologist before medicating yourself further ? Mes meilleures salutations :)

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Bonjour mpbsux20,

I went to see a first dermatologist, she diagnosed male pattern baldness and asked me to do some blood test. She was supposed to call me if there were anything wrong with my test, ..... she didn't call me back so I assumed that everything was right with my blood test results.

As I wasn't really convinced by this dermatologist I booked an appointment with another dermatologist that is specialized in hair loss. Once again I was diagnosed with male pattern baldness ... so for me there were not much more to do except to take religiously every morning my Propecia pill.

After 6 months on Propecia I must say that today my hair condition is worst that it was 6 months ago that's why I've decided to add Rogaine and Nizoral to my regime.

What else can I do ? to wait for another 6 months...

Cheers.
++

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that mate.You did the right thing by taking propecia as it is one of the few proven medications for male pattern baldness.Its a good idea to add Nizoral and Rogaine to your regimen too....It really is surprising to know that all your family members do not have this condition but again it is possible that you might have inherited it from your great great great grandfather :shakehead: In my case I have inherited it from my maternal grampa.

If you smoke or consume alcohol,try stopping them for a while just to see whether your hair texture gets any better.Generally it takes about a year for propecia to show any real effects and in most cases when it works,you will have some hair fall to begin with but this is a good sign as you will be sprouting newer,stronger and better hairs in those areas.Try Nizoral first just to see whether the condition gets better,which I am sure will happen in the next few months and if it doesn't add Rogaine as well.Bon courage!

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Maxifoot's Story- ( 27 / it's time to fight)

A pic of my hairline so that I can track it's evolution/recession/improvement. So far I consider myself in a NW3 Vertex pattern (Any opinion ?).

Cheers.

Attachments

• Hairline 060109.GIF
    Hairline 060109.GIF
    1.9 MB · Views: 504

qball

Reaction score

Hi,

There isn't much else you can do except continue the fight with the big 3. It does seem that you are balding, but even if you can slow/stop the progression with the propecia you should be happy. Keep taking/using everything religiously for a year and keep updating us with photographs. The only way to objectively see how you are responding is with photographs at baseline and beyond. All the best to you!

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Hi thks for your post,

Your're right I'll be very happy if I'm able to maintain what I have.

++

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Maxifoot-I dont think you are a NW3...Your crown is like that of a Norwood 2.5 and temples are like that of a NW2.Try to stay positive and take your meds regularly without losing hope.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Maxifoot's Story- ( 27 / it's time to fight) Updated

Round 1

I've been on Propecia since 7,5 months and I'm celebrating my first month as a Big 3 user.

1mg propecia in the morning
1 caps of Rogaine Foam at night before going to bed
Nizoral 1% 4 or 3 times per week

Attachments

• Crown.GIF
    Crown.GIF
    2.2 MB · Views: 474
  • Hairline.GIF
    Hairline.GIF
    1.3 MB · Views: 434
  • Top Wet Hair.GIF
    Top Wet Hair.GIF
    2.2 MB · Views: 409

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

8 months on Propecia and for the first time in my life I heard this : "wow you're balding guy !!! what's happened to you ?".

I felt like being punched in the chest by Mike Tyson.

8 months ago this would have never happened, I really hope it is just a temporary shedding period.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score

^^You've got very nice hair Maxifoot :)
But it sounds like you're shedding, since you added minoxidil to your regimen and the vast majority of users do go through an excessive shedding period.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Round 2 : 8.5 months on Propecia, 2,5 months on minoxidil + nizoral + finasteride.

Hair is thinner than ever, nothing good to report. Hard time, very hard time.

Cheers

Attachments

• Crown 20100227.GIF
    Crown 20100227.GIF
    2.2 MB · Views: 317
  • Top Wet 20100227.gif
    Top Wet 20100227.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 347
  • Hairline 20100227.gif
    Hairline 20100227.gif
    2 MB · Views: 370
  • Wet hair combed back 2010027.gif
    Wet hair combed back 2010027.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 364

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

I hate this photo the thinning in the the crown is now a complete reality.

Attachments

• Dry hair combed back 2010027.gif
    Dry hair combed back 2010027.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 386

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

dude, your hair looks great, you have LOTS of hair.

you might get a "your balding" comment, but that's only because your hair looks so good, even minor imperfection might stand out.

i think the propecia is helping, your hair looks much healthier.

remember - propecia is not all about regrowth. it is also about keeping the hair you have and slowing down the balding process. so even if it just slows down the male pattern baldness and helps you keep the hair you have, consider that a success.

stay with the propecia and foam, i think it is definite helping.

your hair looks awesome - can't even tell you are balding with dry hair.

rotsen182

Reaction score

what u really need is glasses, is this a bad joke? i wish i had your hair , at 27 and having that kind of hair , u have been blessed, keep on going with your treatment if u think u are going bald... but believe me your hair looks damn good

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Hi Rotsen,

I understand what you mean, of course things couls have been worse for me.

But alea jacta est, I have been diagnosed with male pattern baldness and since the begining of my propecia regimen 8 months ago things got worse month after month. Today my hair is thinner then ever and I am not confortable with this.

male pattern baldness has to do with genes, no one in my family is bald and the idea of me getting bald make me feel really sick.

Cheers

Goatboxer

Reaction score

Just stick with your regime whatever you do. I know it may seem hard at times but ride it out and in a few months it could all be worth it. For what it's worth your hair loss is barely noticeable and I'm surprised you got that comment.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score

Sea, Shed an Sun .....

I've been on holidays for 2 weeks. Holidays are great the weather is beautiful I enjoy everday of it except that I shed like never before !!!!!

My guess is that sea water and sun exposure are not that good for my hair.

rrayy

Reaction score

I don't see how you got that balding comment in the first place, your hair looks really good. Let me guess, you received that comment under direct sunlight on your scalp? seems you are on a shed, ride it out and it'll come back.