Many Celebs Have it Good

The Rake

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Petchsky said:
Silvio Burscoloni is president/prime minister of Italy and he found the time to get a H/T,
Burscoloni's vanity is a national joke, everyone knows he had a hair transplant its obvious he wore a surcical cap and carried on with his public duties. He's also had a facelift and dyes his hair uses fake tan ect.

But I still dont and wont ever believe Cruise has got a hair transplant (I dont think he's ever even considered it) I think even if he receeded half an inch it still would'nt look bad.
Maybe he could get away with it but as I said before look at his nose if he was vain he would have got that reduced years ago.

He's still a a very good-looking guy with his nose. What's the point in getting a nose job? Certain unique qualities like that are important to stand out as an actor. He's gotten his teeth fixed, which all used to be crooked up until he was 20-something. Does that make him vain? Is he vain for working out to look better?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hollywood actors aren't genetically tested to screen for male pattern baldness. Sorry if I gave any of you H agents any ideas. Hairloss is not as common as everyone makes out. Maybe 20% of any reasonable cross section of society will experience significant hair loss, tops- so it stands to reason that statistic holds in Hollywood as well. Most actors will never have to worry about hair loss and the minority that do have the means to treat it adequately.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The Rake said:
He's still a a very good-looking guy with his nose. What's the point in getting a nose job? Certain unique qualities like that are important to stand out as an actor. He's gotten his teeth fixed, which all used to be crooked up until he was 20-something. Does that make him vain? Is he vain for working out to look better?

You just contradicted yourself, are you saying that he can be handsome with a big nose but being a NW1.5+ (at 40+ with 15 sucessful movies under his belt) would be so terrible that he'd have to resort to surgery?
Of course he has to stay in shape if he wants to look realistic playing acting roles, but its not like he takes it to the extreme.
As Hollywoods leading men are picked for their goodlooks and hair plays a part in the overall look its only natural that most of them will have good hair genetics.

I agree with UCman the majority of the population will never suffer from excessive hairloss, if they did we would'nt be on this site as it would be the men with hair that stood out not baldies.

Most grown men dont even think about their hair, they just take it for granted that it will always be with them like their eyebrows or their bodyhair. Its young guys who suddenly see a noticible difference that panic. If it takes a guy until the age of 35 to reach nw2 he wont even notice that he's no longer got a teenage hairline because it will just suit the rest of his ageing features.

Like I've said so many times before a grown man with slight recession or thinning is not balding. Normal people dont see a nw2 or even a middle aged nw3 as having a problem.
Its just some of the obbsessive guys on here who think that anything less than a Colin Farrell or Ronaldo head of hair is some kind of tragic disfiguration. :roll:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="The Rake":15s4xbab]He's still a a very good-looking guy with his nose. What's the point in getting a nose job? Certain unique qualities like that are important to stand out as an actor. He's gotten his teeth fixed, which all used to be crooked up until he was 20-something. Does that make him vain? Is he vain for working out to look better?

You just contradicted yourself, are you saying that he can be handsome with a big nose but being a NW1.5+ (at 40+ with 15 sucessful movies under his belt) would be so terrible that he'd have to resort to surgery?
Of course he has to stay in shape if he wants to look realistic playing acting roles, but its not like he takes it to the extreme.
As Hollywoods leading men are picked for their goodlooks and hair plays a part in the overall look its only natural that most of them will have good hair genetics.

I agree with UCman the majority of the population will never suffer from excessive hairloss, if they did we would'nt be on this site as it would be the men with hair that stood out not baldies.

Most grown men dont even think about their hair, they just take it for granted that it will always be with them like their eyebrows or their bodyhair. Its young guys who suddenly see a noticible difference that panic. If it takes a guy until the age of 35 to reach nw2 he wont even notice that he's no longer got a teenage hairline because it will just suit the rest of his ageing features.

Like I've said so many times before a grown man with slight recession or thinning is not balding. Normal people dont see a nw2 or even a middle aged nw3 as having a problem.
Its just some of the obbsessive guys on here who think that anything less than a Colin Farrell or Ronaldo head of hair is some kind of tragic disfiguration. :roll:[/quote:15s4xbab]
Obsessive guys? Who could that be?.................................................. :innocent: :whistle:

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
imlosinit said:
re travolta: i was thinking concealer too. (what's the diff between Courve and say Toppik?)

re cruise: i dont think he had a hair transplant but he does have some recession.

tom.jpg

Whoa. I've never seen that before. When is that from?

I mean, that's certainly not significant recession, but every pic I've ever seen of Cruise's hairline has shown a solid NW1.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Whoa, who f*****g cares? He is fifty something with a great head of hair, there are plenty of them out there. :jackit:

The Rake

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="The Rake":3t4cvfew]He's still a a very good-looking guy with his nose. What's the point in getting a nose job? Certain unique qualities like that are important to stand out as an actor. He's gotten his teeth fixed, which all used to be crooked up until he was 20-something. Does that make him vain? Is he vain for working out to look better?

As Hollywoods leading men are picked for their goodlooks and hair plays a part in the overall look its only natural that most of them will have good hair genetics.[/quote:3t4cvfew]

How is that contradicting myself? Ignoring the fact that I believe Tom Cruise to be a very self-conscious man, the difference between completely changing the way you've looked your whole life by getting a nose job and getting your hair restored is the difference between night and day. Of course he'd still be good looking without hair, but he would look older, somewhat less attractive, less familiar, and that could hurt his chances at future acting roles.

And Hollywood's leading men aren't always picked for their good looks. Tom Cruise happens to be a talented actor as well as a very good-looking man, but Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Edward Norton, Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino, Gene Hackman, Sean Penn, etc. are/were all leading actors and are definitely not exceptionally good looking men. And if Tom Cruise was such a perfect physical specimen, he wouldn't be standing at 5'5. Not all movie stars have good hair genetics. You're just noticing the ones who do, and out of all the ones with great hair odds are some of them have had work done.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The Rake said:
How is that contradicting myself? Ignoring the fact that I believe Tom Cruise to be a very self-conscious man, the difference between completely changing the way you've looked your whole life by getting a nose job and getting your hair restored is the difference between night and day. Of course he'd still be good looking without hair, but he would look older, somewhat less attractive, less familiar, and that could hurt his chances at future acting roles.
A slight nose job would hardly alter his looks completley J-Lo had one early in her career, so did Ashley Simpson (they are the only 2 examples of big U.S stares that I can think of) but barely anyone noticed Michael Jackson had surgieries right through the 70's and it took until the 80's when he was on like his 4th or 5th nose job before it looked obvious.
You talk about Cruise getting his hair restored and he'd still be good looking without hair but you show one pick where he looks about NW1.7 and talk as if he's bald. No way does that make him look old and less attractive.

The Rake said:
And Hollywood's leading men aren't always picked for their good looks. Tom Cruise happens to be a talented actor as well as a very good-looking man, but Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Edward Norton, Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino, Gene Hackman, Sean Penn, etc. are/were all leading actors and are definitely not exceptionally good looking men. And if Tom Cruise was such a perfect physical specimen, he wouldn't be standing at 5'5. Not all movie stars have good hair genetics. You're just noticing the ones who do, and out of all the ones with great hair odds are some of them have had work done.

Dustin Hoffman, Sean Penn and Pacino were considered good looking heart throbs back in the day. Talented actors they may be but it was probably their looks that were the deal breakers in getting them their A-list roles. As for Seymour Hoffman and Hackman ect they are not in the same chatagory, they are character actors not leading men. You Dont see them being the Hero and getting the girl like Brad Pitt and Cruise ect always do.
I still say it the majority of leading men who have continued success into their middle aged years have great hair genetics another example George Clooney or do you think he had a hair transplant aswell?

dude77

Reaction score
these types of discussions make me think sometimes ..

what if balding/shaved headed men(who are also fit that is) suddenly become the norm as the leading 'hero', leading man etc in movies .. how would that affect peoples' perceptions .. would women suddenly start viewing us follicly changed folk in a different light .. what would happen ?

I think a lot of this has to do with some social conditioning .. social conditioning says we're supposed to revere hair right ? what if suddenly balding/shaved headed leading 'heroes' were shoved down our throats in movies/music videos, media etc .. what effect would that have ? makes me wonder at times

The Rake

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
A slight nose job would hardly alter his looks completley J-Lo had one early in her career, so did Ashley Simpson (they are the only 2 examples of big U.S stares that I can think of) but barely anyone noticed Michael Jackson had surgieries right through the 70's and it took until the 80's when he was on like his 4th or 5th nose job before it looked obvious.
You talk about Cruise getting his hair restored and he'd still be good looking without hair but you show one pick where he looks about NW1.7 and talk as if he's bald. No way does that make him look old and less attractive.

And everyone knows J-Lo and Ashley Simpson had nose jobs. I don't really understand your point. It's still changing something about you that you've had your whole life, however miniscule a change it might be. In Tom Cruise's case, I don't see how it's worth it given his nose isn't a big distraction anyway and also happens to give him a unique look, which is important as an actor. And when did I ever show a pic and said Tom Cruise looked bald? You're either putting words in my mouth or confusing me with someone else. Cruise's hair looks incredible for his age, but if he was bald he wouldn't look as good as he would with a full head of hair.

Dustin Hoffman, Sean Penn and Pacino were considered good looking heart throbs back in the day. Talented actors they may be but it was probably their looks that were the deal breakers in getting them their A-list roles. As for Seymour Hoffman and Hackman ect they are not in the same chatagory, they are character actors not leading men. You Dont see them being the Hero and getting the girl like Brad Pitt and Cruise ect always do.
I still say it the majority of leading men who have continued success into their middle aged years have great hair genetics another example George Clooney or do you think he had a hair transplant aswell?

You're telling me that you think if women saw Pacino, Penn, and Hoffman (in their prime) on the street and they weren't famous, they would consider them heart throbs? Yeah right. The only reason they're considered heart throbs is because they're extremely talented movie stars and there's an attraction to that. Their looks are nothing extraordinary. They're unconventional. And I'm sorry, but Gene Hackman was a leading man throughout his career from the French Connection on, and even was the leading man who got the girl (not all the time, but a lot). Phillip Seymour Hoffman isn't the "get the girl" leading man type, but he's been the leading man in 5 of the last 7 movies he's done. He's a Hollywood leading man. And again, not all of these lead actors have great hair genetics. Clooney and Pitt have exceptionally good hair genetics. Those two pretty much hit the jackpot when it comes to physical attributes.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think you and I have different opinions of what a leading man is.

s.a.f

Reaction score
dude77 said:

I think a lot of this has to do with some social conditioning .. social conditioning says we're supposed to revere hair right ? what if suddenly balding/shaved headed leading 'heroes' were shoved down our throats in movies/music videos, media etc .. what effect would that have ? makes me wonder at times

what if balding/shaved headed men(who are also fit that is) suddenly become the norm as the leading 'hero', leading man etc in movies .. how would that affect peoples' perceptions .. would women suddenly start viewing us follicly changed folk in a different light?
I think so but it would'nt be an overnight change it would take many years.

The Rake

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I think you and I have different opinions of what a leading man is.

I'm talking about actors who are the main protagonists in their movies. Perhaps you're referring to romantic leading actors, in which case most of the time you'll have two very good looking male and female leads because those movies exist for the sole purpose of making money. But actors like Gene Hackman, Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Dustin Hoffman, Sean Penn, Edward Norton, etc. did not make their careers on their looks.

banco

Reaction score
dude77 said:

what if balding/shaved headed men(who are also fit that is) suddenly become the norm as the leading 'hero', leading man etc in movies .. how would that affect peoples' perceptions .. would women suddenly start viewing us follicly changed folk in a different light .. what would happen ?

I don't think it's a matter of social conditioning. In fact it would make evolutionary perfect sense for women to prefer men with a full head of hair as on balance they would tend to be younger and thus more virile.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="The Rake":2wos0yqy]How is that contradicting myself? Ignoring the fact that I believe Tom Cruise to be a very self-conscious man, the difference between completely changing the way you've looked your whole life by getting a nose job and getting your hair restored is the difference between night and day. Of course he'd still be good looking without hair, but he would look older, somewhat less attractive, less familiar, and that could hurt his chances at future acting roles.

The Rake said:

I still say it the majority of leading men who have continued success into their middle aged years have great hair genetics another example George Clooney or do you think he had a hair transplant aswell?[/quote:2wos0yqy]
s.a.f., I am going to disagree with you about Tom Cruise would being good looking without hair. Watch the movie Tropic Thunder where Tom is bald, fat, and very unattractive looking. Even if he was not fat in the movie, he still did not look good with a bald head. Regardless, nobody would be starting forums like this if they had a hot looking girlfriend or wife who is totally devoted to them unconditonally. Let's face it if you are just very wealthy you have it good too. You can have it just as good as a celebrity. The moral of the story is to work very hard and earn lots of money so you can have it good too and reap the same benefits as some of these celebrities.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f., I am going to disagree with you about Tom Cruise would being good looking without hair. Watch the movie Tropic Thunder where Tom is bald, fat, and very unattractive looking. Even if he was not fat in the movie, he still did not look good with a bald head. Regardless, nobody would be starting forums like this if they had a hot looking girlfriend or wife who is totally devoted to them unconditonally. Let's face it if you are just very wealthy you have it good too. You can have it just as good as a celebrity. The moral of the story is to work very hard and earn lots of money so you can have it good too and reap the same benefits as some of these celebrities.

I wouldn't say he was 'ugly' in Thopic Thunder, just a normal looking guy.

Anyway, If he was in shape and shaved his head (Maybe with a bit of a tan) Tom Cruise would still be a very good looking guy without hair I think.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Whoa, who f****ing cares? He is fifty something with a great head of hair, there are plenty of them out there. :jackit:

I care because I'm a Norwood spotter. And because that is solid evidence that Tom has done "something", because no man can look like this:
tom.jpg

and then this:
tom-cruise-val-la.jpg

without help.

Obviously there's a miniscule difference, but still - the point stands that one picture clearly shows recession while the other, newer picture does not.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You're wrong. First picture his hair is combed back, revealing slight temple recession. Second picture his hair around his temples is down and to the side, covering the temples. Mystery solved. Shouldn't you guys know by now that pictures can be deceiving. :nono: My point is, if some of you guys are this critical about less than half and inch of space on the head, then how crazy are you going to get when you advance to nw4 for god's sake?

barcafan

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
You're wrong. First picture his hair is combed back, revealing slight temple recession. Second picture his hair around his temples is down and to the side, covering the temples. Mystery solved. Shouldn't you guys know by now that pictures can be deceiving. :nono: My point is, if some of you guys are this critical about less than half and inch of space on the head, then how crazy are you going to get when you advance to nw4 for god's sake?

I, for one, have definitely become less crazy despite way more baldness than when it first started.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Maybe hair makes people crazy, hence enlightenment can only be reached when we loose all our hair....like Buddah.