Many Celebs Have it Good

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
Most of us see celebrities on tv and film alot. It seems to me that many of them have gotten through life with good hair.

I saw an interview with Tom Cruise recently and he still had a mop on is head, almost covering his eyes with the excess.

Even some of the rockers from yesteryear who are in their 60s have decent hair still.

I know there are exceptions but have any of you considered this?

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aren't you just stating the obvious?

These people are famous as they are good looking. Since hair forms part of your looks, a good looking person is likely to also have good hair.

Or are you talking about how they don't seem to lose it? A lot just have good genes in general, but many have had transplants, on meds or wearing wigs. It's not much of a secret.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
Fundi said:
Or are you talking about how they don't seem to lose it? A lot just have good genes in general, but many have had transplants, on meds or wearing wigs. It's not much of a secret.

I meant how they dont seem to lose it. I'm not sure how old Tom Cruise is but his hair still looks thick. He's someone many of us have seen since his teens. Anyway I'm not sure what im getting at. I like to think people are people, regardless of their fame, and no one can fight father time (and the aging process), but somehow, many celebs do. Perhaps it's as you suggested -- they have resources to get transplants, meds, wigs, etc.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
KANGA said:
Look at Chuck Norris... dude is 70 and looks like he's 45.

Chuck Norris wears a toupee and has had quite a bit of plastic surgery on his face.

I think many many male celebs have had hair transplants. There's just no other way to account for all the NW1s you see. It's not representative of the normal population.

The ones you see with obvious work done.....Nic Cage, Matthew Mcconaughey, Kevin Costner, etc - I think those are just ones who let it get bad enough so as to be noticeable when they finally had the work done. The majority are probably on finasteride and have subtle hair transplants throughout their career to stay on top of it. Ashton Kutcher is an example....I'm 100% sure he's had his temples filled in, but the average person would never know.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
See Matthew had work done - right temple - continues to lose around transplant.

matthew-mcconaughey-shirtless-

http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/ph ... ess-20.jpg

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been following Matthew's hairline for awhile.. is that recent?

And didn't know about the Chuck Norris toupee thing. Neat.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
KANGA said:
Yeah, I've been following Matthew's hairline for awhile.. is that recent?

What a life that guy leads. Matthew is always having fun :mrgreen:

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Fundi said:
KANGA said:
Yeah, I've been following Matthew's hairline for awhile

Get a better hobby. :mrgreen:
Why? He's highly publicized, and my hairstyle is roughly the same... its not like I spend hours analyzing his pics, just observing them every so often.

Besides, you can't tell me to get a better hobby when we registered at the same time, and your post count is 10x mine :mrgreen:

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
KANGA said:
Besides, you can't tell me to get a better hobby when we registered at the same time, and your post count is 10x mine

lol :)

i saw that matt dillon, another former heart throb, got caught for speeding.

he's got pretty good hair for 44 yrs old. not sure if it's all natural though.

matt.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
I think many many male celebs have had hair transplants. There's just no other way to account for all the NW1s you see. It's not representative of the normal population.

No its just that its mostly only the cream of the genetic crop that get to make it in showbiz. Most celebs are also thinner than the average Joe but they hav'nt all had Lipo aswell.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
No its just that its mostly only the cream of the genetic crop that get to make it in showbiz.

i dont buy that. i think celebs look good in their youth and that gets them in the door. do they age better than the average population? or are they just better at finding ways to conceal it?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Well it stands to reason that people who look above average in their youth will often look above average in their older years aswell. And when you have the money to employ a team of top stylists ect....

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
chuck's come a long way from his days in the octagon and good guys wear black.

for me it's good guys wear black (toppik).

banco

Reaction score
Less then 5 % of males have NW1's throughout their lives. Dr Rassman has commented that's he's restored Norwood 1's for soap opera actors. I also think concealer is liberally used.

The Rake

Reaction score
Tom Cruise had an hair transplant done and the same is true with A LOT of other celebrities. There's a reason Pacino and Dustin Hoffman have Norwood 1's at ages 68 and 71 and why Matthew Mcconaughey's hair was rapidly receding 7 years ago and now he's got a perfect head of hair. Celebrities don't have magic hair genes. They have lots of money for the most expensive and elite hair transplant surgeons.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
while reading the sad news about john travolta's son, i couldnt help but notice how strange travolta's hair looks.

johntravolta.jpg