Many Celebs Have it Good

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
I kinda hate these discussions. But I can't help myself apparently.

Cruise's hairline is thinning, but he's only like a 1.5 Still looks good with his hair up. He did this interview on etalk this thing in Canada promoting Valkyrie and you could tell his hair was thinning, or at least o.c.d me could.

And I saw some footage of Travolta getting in a van the other day, after his sons death (R.I.P) and he was wearing a hat but the hair underneath was short and gray. Which might just mean he dyes his hair, but me thinks if you kid dies the last thing on your mind is your wig so he just threw a hat on.

s.a.f

Reaction score
johntravolta.jpg

Some kind of concealer I think. Possibly Courve?

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
re travolta: i was thinking concealer too. (what's the diff between Courve and say Toppik?)

re cruise: i dont think he had a hair transplant but he does have some recession.

tom.jpg

The Rake

Reaction score

s.a.f

Reaction score
I have no clue as to what those pictures are supposed to show. All I see is a teen with great hair and a guy in his 40's with great hair. I cant think of when Tom has been out of the limelight enough to get a hair transplant.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Reaction score
First; yes some celebs have good genes. But... Hollywood and the movies - are just that. Illusion. Many celebs have hair issues; they just have the money and resources to combat it yeah but fix it up too. Esp IN a film; you'd be surprised. Tom Cruise wore a wig in Collateral; I didn't notice it at first thought he dyed his hair gray but upon knowing could see it; although really good job. Not to say he has bad hair naturally, but I agree with others it is thinning. Matthew McConaughey Ive heard stuff and sure he'd get surgery too and what not and why not. Although he looks pretty darn good bald if you've seen Ring of Fire
Reign-of-Fire_l.jpg

that's also one thing that can be concealed easier than receding; nothings as good or perfect as it appears. Steve Carell look at Season 1 of the office (couldnt find good pics) and compare to now or the 2nd seasons. It's styled better sure; but clearly he got hair plugs or something or good concealer. It was really thinning and could see the male pattern baldness in that season. Again also bad style choice =)

And look at Brendon Frasier if the photo is real Im sure it is.
frasersplit_468x3951.jpg

Anyways; I guess it makes me feel better when see celebs having hair issues even if it's concealed well etc. And of course plenty who have good hair and no issues... but look at the celebs who also embrace their baldness. Bruce Willis, Patrick Stewart, Vin Diesel, Jude Law I guess, Nick Cage (although he seems to try and be silly lately and wear it longer like in Bangkok Dangerous =). And others... ok maybe not all 'embrace' it =)

OKAY rant from me BUT here... check this forum out,

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/fo ... 4231032763

ABOVE is this discussion and many pics of balding celebs photos and their fixes/surgeries/etc. Like Travolta, clearly blad why he looks silly at last years Oscars... photo of him there somewhere.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't wish hair-loss on my worst enemies. I know Gary Numan is completely open about his hair transplants and facial surgery. To me, people seem cooler when they're honest.

If it wasn't for our obsession with youth, I think more people would feel okay about growing old. It's a product of living longer, I guess. I mean, back in the biblical days people got married when they hit puberty. Now we try to extend childhood into our thirties.

The Rake

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I have no clue as to what those pictures are supposed to show. All I see is a teen with great hair and a guy in his 40's with great hair. I cant think of when Tom has been out of the limelight enough to get a hair transplant.

They were in response to the post above me pointing out Tom Cruise's recession. I was just showing his complete lack of recession and that's because he's gotten work done. And Cruise is only in the limelight when he wants to be.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The Rake said:
[quote="s.a.f":1tumxw6f]I have no clue as to what those pictures are supposed to show. All I see is a teen with great hair and a guy in his 40's with great hair. I cant think of when Tom has been out of the limelight enough to get a hair transplant.

They were in response to the post above me pointing out Tom Cruise's recession. I was just showing his complete lack of recession and that's because he's gotten work done. And Cruise is only in the limelight when he wants to be.[/quote:1tumxw6f]

When has Cruise ever been out of the limelight? Look at his profile on IMDB he's been making films consistantly for the past 25 yrs. Each movie takes months to shoot. And I cant imagine that he can go anywhere without being recognised.
Also I feel sorry for guys who come on here and point out hairloss on stars like Tom Cruise or Colin Farrell ect what do they think is a normal head of hair for a grown man?

The Rake

Reaction score
Yeah, he makes about a movie a year. He spends anywhere from 3-6 months shooting the movie and the rest of time he's off living his life. He doesn't have a camera crew following him around every day. We have no idea what he does on a day by day basis. He goes on vacation, raises his family, and gets check ups at the doctor and the dentist just like any other person would. He has the time to do anything he wants, more time than the average joe doing the 9-5 50 weeks out of the year.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The Rake said:
Yeah, he makes about a movie a year. He spends anywhere from 3-6 months shooting the movie
In the last 10 yrs he's acted in 14 movies and directed 15.
The Rake said:
and the rest of time he's off living his life. He doesn't have a camera crew following him around every day.
For every movie there will be a worldwide promotional tour of at least a month including 100's of tv apearances and a premiers on every continent. He may not have a crew filming his life but the paparazzi are there major stars like Cruise, Brad and Anjelina and Britney have a constant crowd of paparazzi outside their homes. Its reckoned that on any given night there are 20-40 paparazzi following Britney Spears.

The Rake said:
We have no idea what he does on a day by day basis. He goes on vacation, raises his family, and gets check ups at the doctor and the dentist just like any other person would. He has the time to do anything he wants, more time than the average joe doing the 9-5 50 weeks out of the year.
I suspect that he's much busier than the average joe, I bet he spends less than 100 days a yr at home.
Anyway the point is although I cant prove it I'd bet my house that he has'nt had a hair transplant. He does'nt and has never needed one and I'm sure he's not that insecure about this looks. Can you imagine him turning up at a clinic and not being recognised? Anyway if he was going to opt for some kind of surgery I'd have thought it would be on his nose.

The Rake

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="The Rake":286fbog8]Yeah, he makes about a movie a year. He spends anywhere from 3-6 months shooting the movie
In the last 10 yrs he's acted in 14 movies and directed 15.
The Rake said:
and the rest of time he's off living his life. He doesn't have a camera crew following him around every day.
For every movie there will be a worldwide promotional tour of at least a month including 100's of tv apearances and a premiers on every continent. He may not have a crew filming his life but the paparazzi are there major stars like Cruise, Brad and Anjelina and Britney have a constant crowd of paparazzi outside their homes. Its reckoned that on any given night there are 20-40 paparazzi following Britney Spears.

The Rake said:
We have no idea what he does on a day by day basis. He goes on vacation, raises his family, and gets check ups at the doctor and the dentist just like any other person would. He has the time to do anything he wants, more time than the average joe doing the 9-5 50 weeks out of the year.
I suspect that he's much busier than the average joe, I bet he spends less than 100 days a yr at home.
Anyway the point is although I cant prove it I'd bet my house that he has'nt had a hair transplant. He does'nt and has never needed one and I'm sure he's not that insecure about this looks. Can you imagine him turning up at a clinic and not being recognised? Anyway if he was going to opt for some kind of surgery I'd have thought it would be on his nose.[/quote:286fbog8]

14 movies in 10 years. That's about a movie a year, 2 movies a year for 2 years and then 1 for every year after that. And he doesn't direct any films. He produces his films, which means his production company helps puts up the money for them. And papazzi do not hound stars like Tom Cruise 24/7. Brad and Angelina are constantly photographed and filmed by the paparazzi because their publicists tell them where they are going to be. It's the same with Britney, Paris Hilton, and Kim Kardashian. Cruise is pretty much left alone relatively speaking. Let's not ignore the fact that he's a very powerful person in his own right and can very easily keep his private life private if he felt pressured by paparazzi.

And yeah he probably is much busier than the average joe, but he doesn't really have to be and at any given point he has the luxury of taking time off for his own personal affairs. And what are there paparazzi and media hounds posted at every hair transplant clinic in the country? It's not like Cruise would need to go to one anyway, he could easily make a private appointment with an hair transplant surgeon. I think it's reasonable to believe that you believe that at least some celebrities today have gotten hair transplants, but I seriously doubt you'd be able to google pictures of them leaving or entering hair transplant clinics. As for his looks, your looks are very important as an actor, ESPECIALLY for movie stars like Tom Cruise. His looks helped make his career and will continue to affect his career down the road. And I do think Cruise is an insecure person, but I think it's pointless to get into that.

beaner

Reaction score
The Rake said:
I was just showing his complete lack of recession and that's because he's gotten work done.

I don't follow your logic. Just because a guy in his 40's has not lost any hair or only has very minimal recession he must have had work done? Do you have any other pictures that were taken in the years between those two showing any hint of balding or are you just making illogical speculations?

You say it's "known in Hollywood" that he's had a transplant---so how do you know when no one else has ever heard this? Are you rubbing elbows with the Hollywood crowd?

I'm not tring to be a dick--just wondering where you're coming from.

I've been Norwood Spotting since 1985 and Cruise never once came up on my radar. I doubt highly he's had any work done.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Silvio Burscoloni is president/prime minister of Italy and he found the time to get a H/T, if he can, so can Cruise, and those pictures of Tom Cruise that posted clearly show receeded temple, then another pic of him at a later date sows no temple recession.

Until i saw that Tom Cruise was never on my radar either, but neither was Ed Norton, but i watched Pride and Glory last night, then compared his American History X hairline, guess which is better...

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Norton has had a transplant.

Tom Cruise is just one of those lucky guys. They exist, you know. A guy that works for my pops is pushing 50 and has more hair than me (21).

Its how the ball rolls.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Also I feel sorry for guys who come on here and point out hairloss on stars like Tom Cruise or Colin Farrell ect what do they think is a normal head of hair for a grown man?

It's not a matter of pointing out hair loss for a grown man. As the OP, my initial premise was that "many celebs have it good". I cited the example of Tom Cruise as having extraordinary hair. However, based on some replies and my own subsequent research, it's clear that Cruise has some recession happening too. He's not perfect. So my initial premise was faulty. This thread also reinforced the fact that celebs arent genetically gifted with great hair -- they suffer from hair problems that many members of this site encounter every day, but the celebs have the resources to conceal them.

Perhaps those conclusions were self-evident to you. For me they weren't. But that's part of what we're here for - to learn, share, and discuss.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Reaction score
Well, beyond that with Cruise and Collin Farrell may not have "perfect" hair. David Beckham doesn't one could say thinning but heck, I'd love to have his hair. I think we just get perverse pleasure out of knowing these famous stars (all of which good looking) can have our problems too. Maybe perverse is too strong, but I know I feel better; not in a "haha" vindictive way, but well. It happens to everyone. Just they either embrace or conceal it. And magazine photos and films beyond that; can make any one of us look great (at their budgets). But anyways. =)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Silvio Burscoloni is president/prime minister of Italy and he found the time to get a H/T,
Burscoloni's vanity is a national joke, everyone knows he had a hair transplant its obvious he wore a surcical cap and carried on with his public duties. He's also had a facelift and dyes his hair uses fake tan ect.

But I still dont and wont ever believe Cruise has got a hair transplant (I dont think he's ever even considered it) I think even if he receeded half an inch it still would'nt look bad.
Maybe he could get away with it but as I said before look at his nose if he was vain he would have got that reduced years ago.
[attachment=0:6bj36zsj]resim8Tom_Cruise-1.jpg[/attachment:6bj36zsj]

Attachments

• resim8Tom_Cruise-1.jpg
    resim8Tom_Cruise-1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 524

The Rake

Reaction score
beaner said:
The Rake said:
I was just showing his complete lack of recession and that's because he's gotten work done.

I don't follow your logic. Just because a guy in his 40's has not lost any hair or only has very minimal recession he must have had work done? Do you have any other pictures that were taken in the years between those two showing any hint of balding or are you just making illogical speculations?

You say it's "known in Hollywood" that he's had a transplant---so how do you know when no one else has ever heard this? Are you rubbing elbows with the Hollywood crowd?

I'm not tring to be a dick--just wondering where you're coming from.

I've been Norwood Spotting since 1985 and Cruise never once came up on my radar. I doubt highly he's had any work done.

Again, it was only in response to a poster above me pointing out Cruise's recession, which I was showing there was none of.

As for it being known in Hollywood, many things are known in Hollywood that the public don't know. There seems to be this myth that any secret in Hollywood will be revealed to the general public via paparazzi. It's not true at all. And I have relatives and friends who work in Hollywood and one who has worked with Tom Cruise as a production assistant/manager on a few of his movies. It's just another Hollywood "secret" that doesn't make it to the general q because it doesn't help anybody- paparazzi or anyone else. Honestly, I should have never brought it up because I can't prove it through pictures. But still, it doesn't change the fact that many celebrities have hair work done and movies stars don't all happen to have great hair genes.