male pattern baldness compounded with other things

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Michael Berrymans looks have probably earned him $milions over the years but would you want to swap?

But I'm pretty sure that these guys would have preffered to fit into normal society even if it meant working a shitty 9-5 job.

What the f***? Why would you bring someone like him into this discussion? Jason Alexander and Danny DeVito look normal, despite being short and bald. You can't compare them to Berryman. What's wrong with you?

GeminiX

Reaction score
You know what, we can't (and shouldn't) judge why anyone would is willing to have drastic surgery to try fix something about themselves which is making them unhappy.

I'm sure most people consider the surgery I'm going though to be drastic and insane, but for me it's important and that's all that matters.

As long as the decision is being made in sound mind and with realistic expectations then nobody has a right to interfere.

powersam

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Yeah but taking a year out of your life , moving to another country, having your legs repeatedly broken!!?? And then theres the cost of doing that it must be £10'000's. I mean you could be setting yourself up for major health problems when you're older any breakages in the legs mean weak points and old people get brittle bones.
And what I'm saying is I'll bet any money at the end of it you'll still be the exact same insecure guy.
You think that if you gain a couple of inches its going to turn your life around competeley and women will be flocking. Trust me you are setting yourself up for dissapointment. I had hair transplant's spent £1000's and in the end it meant very little.

A healed break in a bone is not weaker than a non broken bone. In fact they are temporarily stronger. There is no long term weak point.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I refuse to believe that repeatedly breaking someones leg and stretching it can have no possible risks. No success can be guarateed what if you dont get 4", what if one leg does'nt grow the sam amount as the other?
Does that £7000 include the cost of having to go live in a foriegn country for 6months or just the medical procedure itself?
I also refuse to believe that anyone of a sound mind would attempt it. And someone who's willing to go to such lengths has bigger issues than just their height.
I think a short bald guy who is'nt bothered about it will attract more women than a insecure short guy who's had his legs stretched and is wearing a wig.

Edit just googled it and found this:
THERE IS A 25% RISK OF ENCOUNTERING A PROBLEM POST SURGERY THESE INCLUDE:
Bone Infection (osteomyelitis) may result in bone destruction or stiffening of joints if the infection spreads. Acute osteomyelitis is caused by bacteria that enters the body through a wound. The onset may be sudden, with chills, high fever, and severe pain. Intravenous antibiotic treatment will usually clear up the infection.
Injury to blood vessels can impair circulation and prevent proper bone growth.
Poor bone healing. This includes delayed healing or failure of the new bone to form a union with the old bone. There is a one in 12 chance of the new bone breaking within weeks of completion of the Strengthening phase.
Angulations can cause the leg to be angled inwards or outwards.
Nerve injury could cause the patient to loose feelings in the lower leg or in extreme cases the loss of use of the leg.
Unequal limb lengths. If one leg fails to heal properly, the doctor may need to reverse the direction of the external fixator device to strengthen it, causing a slight differential between the two legs.
Final height may be less than expected. While most people expect to achieve a full three inches in height after recovery, it is not uncommon for the final height to be a half inch or more shorter than that.

:whistle:

powersam

Reaction score
You said this

s.a.f said:
any breakages in the legs mean weak points

That is incorrect. What you believe or refuse to believe is irrelevant.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/health/19really.html

As a result, there may be a brief period in the healing process when the fracture site is stronger than the surrounding bone. But they later reach equal strength, and the fracture site is no more or less likely to break again. Dr. Amaral said that in studies in which healed bones were subjected to bending and twisting forces, the repaired bones were capable of breaking anywhere, including the fracture site. “They never comment that it’s stronger or weaker than the rest of the bone,â€￾ he said.

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I refuse to believe that repeatedly breaking someones leg and stretching it can have no possible risks. No success can be guarateed what if you dont get 4", what if one leg does'nt grow the sam amount as the other?
Does that £7000 include the cost of having to go live in a foriegn country for 6months or just the medical procedure itself?
I also refuse to believe that anyone of a sound mind would attempt it. And someone who's willing to go to such lengths has bigger issues than just their height.
I think a short bald guy who is'nt bothered about it will attract more women than a insecure short guy who's had his legs stretched and is wearing a wig.

Edit just googled it and found this:
THERE IS A 25% RISK OF ENCOUNTERING A PROBLEM POST SURGERY THESE INCLUDE:
Bone Infection (osteomyelitis) may result in bone destruction or stiffening of joints if the infection spreads. Acute osteomyelitis is caused by bacteria that enters the body through a wound. The onset may be sudden, with chills, high fever, and severe pain. Intravenous antibiotic treatment will usually clear up the infection.
Injury to blood vessels can impair circulation and prevent proper bone growth.
Poor bone healing. This includes delayed healing or failure of the new bone to form a union with the old bone. There is a one in 12 chance of the new bone breaking within weeks of completion of the Strengthening phase.
Angulations can cause the leg to be angled inwards or outwards.
Nerve injury could cause the patient to loose feelings in the lower leg or in extreme cases the loss of use of the leg.
Unequal limb lengths. If one leg fails to heal properly, the doctor may need to reverse the direction of the external fixator device to strengthen it, causing a slight differential between the two legs.
Final height may be less than expected. While most people expect to achieve a full three inches in height after recovery, it is not uncommon for the final height to be a half inch or more shorter than that.

:whistle:

:thumbdown2:

Let him f*****g do it s.a.f. It's his life. I think it's dumb but he knows the risks.

Even though we can tell him being 5'4" isn't a handicap unless you make it one, no amount of therapy will get him to change his mind. Sometimes surgery is actually a reasonable option.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually being 5'4" is a huge handicap in the dating scene, let's face it. In other aspects of life it doesn't have to be unless you let it, but dating options are definitely impaired. Another thing someone else before said that you only need one girl so why bother. I do not agree with that. Everybody wants to feel attractive and want more attention than just from their bf/gf, that adds up to confidence.

Now I know that hairpieceman is writing in a little grotesque(unintentionally) manner but still his points are valid. It's not like he is throwing imaginary problems out of his hat just to whine and complain about the unfairness of life. No being NW5 at 22 and 5'4" at the same time sucks and almost no amount of confidence will counter that(how to be confident being bald at 22 and 5'4" anyway?).

So I think that he should do this LL surgery I am not sure about the hair system. If he can cope with having fake hair and the stress of it being revealed then I say ok, otherwise shave it.

You should do LL 3-4" in one operation. After the first surgery you will most likle not be so keen on having a second one done, so it is important to maximize you gains in the first one.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
s.a.f said:

you think wrong, being 5 4 is actually a massive handicap in dating scene, no matter how much you "love yourself" at that height.

if your 5 4 you basically walk into a bar of 50 men and 50 women and statistically YOU'RE THE SHORTEST GUY THERE, I mean come on your basically a laughing stock, if i get 2 inches taller id least be in the "short guy" group of about 5 men, instead of looking up to the short guy group lol

say take a 5 4 man, he can love himself all day around woman and he will be the "friend", the 6 foot tall man can think he's "ok" and he WILL get action from woman, thus he will GENUINLY love himself, through the positive feedback - aka sex - he has gotten from woman, instead of the very short man who keeps saying to himself "im ok, it's ok to be the shortest guy in the barm i know i dont have a height problem, i just need more confidence, yeah that's it", like this magical "confidence" will make up for being 5 inches below the male average, I mean that would have to be a sh*t LOAD of confidence to make up for it, why not throw baldness in for extra kicks!

with both those mixed in you'd have to have confidence of superman to overcome that, and it would probably only work on 5% of the girls (short girls as well) that don't look at looks in a man, so youd have to shiv through like 95% rejection for looking like *** bald and being 5 inches below male average 5 4.

anyway as i said i look pants bald, like utter pants, i don't have much choice on the wig, so as far as yourself being unsure about me wearing the hair system, i kind of dont have a choice, + if i start not wearing the wig in the night scene and a girl saw me without the wig but she saw me before with hair, her instant reaction would be something like "OMG GROW YOUR HAIR BACK YOU LOOK LIKE *** BALD" which would not be encourging, it's a bit hard to embrace your baldness with such positive comments like that.

also your seeing bald as like being an "ok" thing, you must accept that some people look like utter sh*t bald, im one of them.

for some people baldness is like losing your teeth, it just looks bizarre and off, like your from another planet, coupled with height is just hilarious.

also i dont "hate myself" bald or anything, im not self hating, i just know i look like ***, i don't see how a woman can improve her looks and its "cool" yet if a man does it hes "insecure" and doomed to fail, such a double standard, why cant i be secure in the knowlege that it looks like pants, im fed up of this "you will do worse now because you made yourself look normal and now your insecure about it" attitute, its utter rubbish.

also bald is just a style, a style that doesn't work on me, it does on vin diesel, but not on me, its like having long hair or big red hair, it just doesn't suit me, long hair doesn't suit me becuase im average looking, usually long hair makes average looking guys look worse, so long hair, no hair, short hair, these are hair styles that change the way people look for better or worse, im not insecure that this "style" doesn't work on me, it is unfortunet that genetically i cannot grow my hair out to make the style i want, but that isn't really important.

so what im saying is the difference between bald and having hair is like it's a style change, it's not like its a different universe or person or something or the guy is inscure becuase he doesnt suit the style, as example a long hair person cuts his hair to be short becuase he looks better, he is not insecure about having long hair, so a person who is bald get's hair means he just suits the style better than bald (which is still a style people still do, even caucasions sometimes)

but honestly being very short and bald (for myslybald look) is like smearing sh*t on your body and people smelling it and being like wtf, whereas having hair (for me) and being 5 8 is like having a shower and smelling fresh.

it's just about being within the normality range, sure if i looked "ok" bald, and maybe was 5 7, then i guess i could get by, but if you look like *** bald, and 5 4 that is a different story, also at 22 as well!

LooseItAll said:
Actually being 5'4" is a huge handicap in the dating scene, let's face it.

hairpiecemans points are valid. It's not like he is throwing imaginary problems out of his hat just to whine and complain about the unfairness of life.

No being NW5 at 22 and 5'4" at the same time sucks and almost no amount of confidence will counter that (how to be confident being bald at 22 and 5'4" anyway?).

[/b]

THANK YOU.

finally someone that understands these are pretty big issues (at least for dating)

i cant believe people are comparing me to CCS that complained about imaginary problems such as big muscles or body hair, i mean what was his height and Norwood?, anyway, people comparing those elements to being NW5 @22 & 5 4 i actually feel offended, especially when the people saying that are like 5 9.

im glad someone here agrees with me that being 5 4 is a real handicap in dating scene, im not insecure about my height at all, im perfectly secure in the knowledge that it a real handicap, also on the surgery there is minor risks of infection but they are always cleaned up by the doctor

thousands of people have undergone leg lenthening surgery and have all came out perfectly fine and have not lost any limbs or had any real issues and have obtained full 100% functionality of legs as well.

^^ saf please stop taking things and blowing them out of poportion, please do actual research on the procedure on MMT forum, nothing major ever goes wrong despite your professional opinion of the operation, minor complications such as infections may occur but they are always fixed, 100% of people doing LL come out taller and have had no issues.

also there are people doing LL to go from 5 8 - 6 foot, basicaly going from "ok" to "perfect", i dont judge them, im 5 4, this is NOT good, 5 4 to 5 8 at least makes me "ok".

if i was 5 8 and claimed that women wont like me and need to be 6 foot tall, i can accept some peoples comments as valid that the surgery is not necessary and I require a shrink, but @ 5 4, well i disagree is all i can say.

also people that do LL to go from 5 8 - 6 foot aren't crazy, those people just want to improve themselves, but at 5 4 that height is rather alarming for a grown man, there are also women that are 5 8 that pay way more than that (close to £20K) to shrink themselves down 3 inches, so they would have a better chance at finding a man, and you know what, it makes sense and she is not a nut job.

and as i have said this is for the dating scene, im not saying that being 5 4 is like living in hell 24/7 or anything, outside the dating scene im not THAT much bothered about being 5 4, it's only when i go out on friday night and I see almost every other guy towering over me even when im in my 1.5 inch heel lift, which is hilarious, if i didnt wear that heel lift -which is my actual height- then it's even worse!

but as i said i will try to get a short girl, and wear a 1.5 lift in a shoe to boost me up a little, or possible a 3 inch lift shoe, i haven't decided.

also one operation is 2 inches, which is easy to do, a second one will be another 2 inches.

it's £7K in total for 6 months and 2 inches, includes staying there for 6 months.

afterwards you take a break for a year, then do the other 2 inches.

but i want to try to get a -short- girlfriend before the first op.

also i might just do one operation of 2 inches and see how i feel, this will make me 5 6.

also on my height im actually 5' 4.5", sorry i got myself remeasured.

so one LL op of 6 months will make me 5 6.5.

on LL height the most you can do is 3 inches in one op, but i will be doing 2 for porpotions sake, if i want another 2 ill do another one on my upper legs.

doing 3" in one op isnt good, becuase then i wont be able to get anymore than 1" taller in my upper legs due to poportions, and also my lower legs will look too long from my upper legs.

i can only do 4 inches in height total, best split between lower and upper legs 2 inches each.

so that's 5 4.5 > 5 6.5 > 5 8.5

also im saying i want to do well in dating scene, i mean my brother is 5 6.5 and i would say he has NOT done well on dating (I don't fancy his wife AT ALL and shes 1 inch taller than him which only kills the attraction even further, obviously she's 3 inches taller than me of course) , and i want to do well, so this is about improving my dating life, I dont want to be at the bottom of the barrel, i mean who does? i want to have a conventional relationship where I can be with a good looking girl who I am taller than, which is the natural way of things to have a happy life.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
M.. if you only stretch the legs, the rest of the body stays the same, wont you lose proportions ? i mean having small body with long legs? :dunno:

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
it's ok i will look fine, adding 4 inches to my frame will look good for me.

ok here is what my height is,

I do not wish to discuss the definitions of what is considered average male height, or tall, or short, i will just state them here for reference.

just for the sake or argument lets say

tall is 6 0 as it is 2.5 inches above the mean average.

average is 5 9.5 (makes sense as I have seen 5 9, 5 9.5 or 5 10 said to be average a lot in height articals)

short is 5 7 as it is 2.5 inches below the mean average - makes even further sense since tom cruise is considered short @ 5 7, also re-supports the idea of "tall" being 2.5 inches above average, and re supports idea that 9.5 is average, making a 2.5 inch on either side.

sounds like perfect math to me, but please lets not debate this for just now, im trying ot escape short stature which is defenetly 5 7 or <

also i have no idea if these figures are how tall they are in a regular shoe (1 inch increase), maybe cruise is 5 6 barefoot, he is officially listed as 5 7 and deemed short, i mean people always wear shoes out so i guess that includes a shoe in the magazine listings, I wonder how this affects the male average and how that study is conducted.

regular shoes make people one inch taller

the casual 1.5 inch shoe lift from tall mens shoes has no negatives associated with it...check tall mens shoes casual range.

the tom cruise boots, however, have some negative traits.

1. you walk funny (like a girl in heels)
2. starts to hurt after walking for an hour and is bad for health.
3. feel like an *** when you take them off & drop 3 inches more than usual
4. have to change dress code, never wear skinny jeans, always in large-ish trousers.
5. shoes look a bit plain and boring, and i will ALWAYS be wearing that one shoe at all times.

so anyway here is my height.

current height barefoot - 5 4.5
current height in regular shoe (1 inch outsole) - 5 5.5
current height in casual shoe lift (1 inch outsole + 1.5 lift) - 5 7
current height in extra heightening boots ala tom cruise (1 inch outsole + 3 inch lift) - 5 8.5

post op 1 height barefoot - 5 6.5
post op 1 height in regular shoe (1 inch outsole) - 5 7.5
post op 1 height in casual shoe lift (1 inch outsole + 1.5 lift) - 5 9
post op 1 height extra heightening boots ala tom cruise (1 inch outsole + 3 inch lift)- 5 10.5

post op 2 height barefoot - 5 8.5
post op 2 height in regular shoe (1 inch outsole) - 5 9.5
post op 2 height in casual shoe lift (1 inch outsole + 1.5 lift) - 5 11
post op 2 height extra heightening boots ala tom cruise (1 inch outsole + 3 inch lift) 6 0.5 <zomg im officially tall.

well, as I said at least I could go out in the tom cruise shoes for now without any LL operation to make me normal.
at least then i can interact with women, not be penalised for height, see how i get on, at least for once I can be normal NOW, and know what it feels like.

I will defenetly wear my casual lifts out at all times at least, mainly becuase they are 100% comfortable and can wear all type of clothes in them and there not obvious at all when im walking unlike the cruise ones, ill see how the tom cruise ones get on when they arrive in a few days.

i will report back on my findings.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Just saying you're setting yourself up for more insecurities. :dunno:
Having had a few hair transplant's and wearing concealers I know what its like to have to hide a secret. Its swapping one problem for another.
I really dont think things will change for you by any significant degree after having this op. A couple of inches on a 5'4" guy you'll still be small.
Also it depends on your build. I'm slim (145lbs) 5'9" and people see me as being small. Yet a guy at the gym I used to go to was the same height but about 230lbs of muscle and people used to think of him as being big.

And you do sound exactly like CCS even if your problems are more significant.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
100% of people doing LL come out taller and have had no issues.

If you believe that, you have no business undergoing LL.
There are risks involved. Any doctor who tells otherwise is being dishonest.
Yes, thousands of people may have gone the surgery without any issues, but I can guarentee there are people out there who have had serious post op issues.

You are throwing a coin (granted, with the chances of success being in your favor). But if things go wrong, your life will be ruined. You have to decide whether its worth it. Whether if you become crippled, you will accept it, or whether you will say "how could I have been so stupid".

To make a informed decision, you have to be informed. And you do not seem to be so.

What forum is that you are referring to?

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
i was refering to the MMT forum, the only LL forum i believe.

as long as you use a reputable doctor, you will be 100% fine.

yes but did CCS actually have any REAL problems, did he even have hairloss, or height issues, i really can't see a man having any problems other than hair or height, most attraction is neck up and in height, i can't see any other common-ish issues (hair,height) that can happen to a man.

other insecurities?

to put your mind at rest.

my feet - i am happy with
my legs (other than being short) - happy
arms - happy , NO desire to buff up
torso - happy, NO desire to have a 6 pack, i am within full control of my torso anyway
nose/eyes/mouth/general face - happy
hair - happy and within full control.

honestly there is NOTHING else i can find or will find when im taller.

im not slim built, im average built anyway, im not scronny, so i dont have that insecurity.

ok thats nice your 5 9 and people think your small, but well i will tell you your not, tom cruise is 5 7 and is classed as a "short man", if tom was 5 9 he wouldn't even be in that poll and so well known to be short, you are 2 inches taller than him, you are noticably taller, you do not have a height problem being "only" 5 9.

I have a height problem at 5 4.5

please stop saying a couple of inches, its 4 inches, and saying that i will "still be small" at 5 8.5 barefoot is complete rubbish.

look i know at first you think "2 inches is nothing" but once you actually SEE the difference in two inches, its a lot, stand on a book that makes you 2 inches taller and make a mark on a wall, then take the book away and stand and look up to that mark, with your eye level, you can clearly see your "looking up to" that mark, even though its only 2 inches, so tom cruise would look up to you, he looks up to his wife whos 2 inches taller, it's notiable, people say "tom cruise is shorter than his wife" even though there is only 2 inches between them, becoming even only 2 inches taller is very noticable, and 4 inches is just ridiculous amount of height to increase.

2 inches is a big difference, it's noticable, if tom was 2 inches taller, he woulndt be a "short man" and not perceived to be shorter than his wife, now 4 inches is MASSIVE, can you imagine if seth green woke up tomorw and was 5 8 instead of his usual 5 4, or tom from 5 7 to 5 11, EVERYONE would be reacting to him like WTF HOW DID YOU GROW MAN!

in fact id say if a man went from 5 4 to 5 8, its a bigger impact than a man going from 5 8 - 6 foot, and the gain is far greater to go from really short to medium height, than medium height to tall.

i can't beleive your saying you will still be small going from 5 4.5 - 5 8.5, that's crazy, even 2 inches would be a big step, for HPM or even tom cruise.

madness!

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
i was refering to the MMT forum, the only LL forum i believe.

as long as you use a reputable doctor, you will be 100% fine.

From MMT faq:
There is scientific evidence to suggest that muscles stretched beyond 7.6cm risk permanent damage because this will take them beyond the elastic limit of the soft tissues, and it is recommended that no limb is stretched beyond this amount, although it is technically possible.

You are planning for 4 inches = 10.2cm

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
im doing 5 cm in each bone segment.

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairpieceman:

As I said before you can do what you want and I respect you for having the resolve to go through with this. That said you are completely wrong about height being a handy cap. It CAN be a handicap if you let it.

You have to understand two things.

1. Correlation=/=Causation.

Shorter guys tend to not get laid as much, but does that mean they are not getting laid as often because they are short? There are many co-factors at play here. Maybe they don't get laid because a lot of short guys have the mentality that you do? "Women like tall guys -> I'm short -> Therefore I cannot attract women", that sh*t SHOWS in your subconscious behavior and is very very unattractive to women. I will not deny that all things equal being tall > short, but there are a lot of other reasons women might not date you anyways for things out of your control like your face or race.

2. What a girl SAYS she want's and what she actually wants are two different things. Girls will say,"I want a tall, dark, handsome man, who is prince charming, rich, has ambition, likes animals, blah blah blah. YET she always ends up sleeping with a dead beat jerk who just triggered the right attraction switches. I see this time and time again. This is also why all those scientific studies are worthless because they are ASKING GIRLS WHAT THEY WANT.

Out of all my male friends the guy who gets the most pussy is....wait for it.....5'5". He is average looking in my opinion, nw2, but confident as hell with a wicked sense of humor. Sure, I doubt he would get women >5'8 but that's only what, 20% of women?

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
im not saying short guys dont get woman, im saying it is a legitimate handicap, i recognise it as such, and i plan to rectify it.

yes we all have stories of this nature on forums, there was even a story on the MMT forum of a guy 5 1 that has a beutiful wife or something.

we all say these stories, even on this forum soneone says "i know a bald guy that looks like *** bald he gets hot girls all the time", but fact is it doesn't change many mens persepctive on this forum about baldness, they continually claim that girls dont like them due to baldness etc. if these stories did work then why the millions of hair transplants, and the many people on finasteride here on this forum.

so the same thing you are saying about height i can say back to the guys on finasteride or getting hair transplants.

so anyone here on NW2 or 3, just go slybald, you know, becuase i know a guy whos bald and gets on amazingly well.

its the exact same thing you are saying here, "its cool to be 5 4, it's not a big deal, because i know a guy etc."

it's not going to happen, half the people here are on finasteride/minoxidil and concealers that are booking in their £10k transplants.

why bother, just go sly its all confidence!

these things are nice, but all things being equal it would be advantageous for myself to be taller, also since 99% of couples the guy is taller than the girl you would assume that being short woulnd't be good for a man as you have less of a genetic pool to select from.

it is similar to a woman who is 5 11, she just has less selection.

at least with height i can scientificaly proove you are at a legitimate disadvantage for women, and that you have a small selection of women in which to choose, baldness however is iffy.

s.a.f

Reaction score
jijijijiji said:
2. What a girl SAYS she want's and what she actually wants are two different things. Girls will say,"I want a tall, dark, handsome man, who is prince charming, rich, has ambition, likes animals, blah blah blah. YET she always ends up sleeping with a dead beat jerk.

A 6'2" deadbeat jerk with a NW1. :lol:

I'm not denying that height makes a difference, what you're planning on doing to try and combat this is IMO way beyond my limit.
I've had hair transplant's and their pretty barbaric I can understand why 9999/10000 bald guys would'nt do it, but LL makes it look like a trip to the dentist.

We've got to accept that we cant change our situation very much a NW6/7 will never get back to a NW1, and even after this surgery you'll still be a short guy with eleongated legs and silly shoes. And a big secret to hide, because trust me any woman who finds out about this stuff will run for the hills same with hair transplant's.
At the end of the day this insecurity is more offputting to a woman than the physical imperfection itself.

Reaction score
jijijijiji said:
Hairpieceman:

As I said before you can do what you want and I respect you for having the resolve to go through with this. That said you are completely wrong about height being a handy cap. It CAN be a handicap if you let it.

You have to understand two things.

1. Correlation=/=Causation.

Shorter guys tend to not get laid as much, but does that mean they are not getting laid as often because they are short? There are many co-factors at play here. Maybe they don't get laid because a lot of short guys have the mentality that you do? "Women like tall guys -> I'm short -> Therefore I cannot attract women", that sh*t SHOWS in your subconscious behavior and is very very unattractive to women. I will not deny that all things equal being tall > short, but there are a lot of other reasons women might not date you anyways for things out of your control like your face or race.

2. What a girl SAYS she want's and what she actually wants are two different things. Girls will say,"I want a tall, dark, handsome man, who is prince charming, rich, has ambition, likes animals, blah blah blah. YET she always ends up sleeping with a dead beat jerk who just triggered the right attraction switches. I see this time and time again. This is also why all those scientific studies are worthless because they are ASKING GIRLS WHAT THEY WANT.

Out of all my male friends the guy who gets the most pussy is....wait for it.....5'5". He is average looking in my opinion, nw2, but confident as hell with a wicked sense of humor. Sure, I doubt he would get women >5'8 but that's only what, 20% of women?

I couldn't agree more with this statement jijijijiji!

I'm on the short side as well HairPieceMan (only 5'6) and before my hairloss started to get really bad (and destroyed my confidence in the process) I can't ever really say that I felt my height was much of a hinderance in the dating game. I'm not for one second suggesting that I was some stud who got all the girls because that was just not the case but I did alright. And you know what? My friends some of whom are 6ft+ they only really did alright as well. Yeah, perhaps, being tall is more desirable but it doesn't automatically mean that your going to be making the girls swoon over you.

I have a cousin who's smaller than you HairPieceMan (only 5'4 albeit a Norwood 1 in his 30's) and he's happily married, with two children to a taller women. In general I think the maxim of it being a handicap only if you let it be is spot on.

Then again that is slightly rich coming from me as I have let my hairloss become a real handicap. :shakehead:

Anyway, HairPieceMan, I sincerely wish you the best with whatever course of action you take mate. :)

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
im not saying short guys dont get woman, im saying it is a legitimate handicap, i recognise it as such, and i plan to rectify it.

yes we all have stories of this nature on forums, there was even a story on the MMT forum of a guy 5 1 that has a beutiful wife or something.

we all say these stories, even on this forum soneone says "i know a bald guy that looks like *** bald he gets hot girls all the time", but fact is it doesn't change many mens persepctive on this forum about baldness, they continually claim that girls dont like them due to baldness etc. if these stories did work then why the millions of hair transplants, and the many people on finasteride here on this forum.

so the same thing you are saying about height i can say back to the guys on finasteride or getting hair transplants.

so anyone here on NW2 or 3, just go slybald, you know, becuase i know a guy whos bald and gets on amazingly well.

its the exact same thing you are saying here, "its cool to be 5 4, it's not a big deal, because i know a guy etc."

it's not going to happen, half the people here are on finasteride/minoxidil and concealers that are booking in their £10k transplants.

why bother, just go sly its all confidence!

these things are nice, but all things being equal it would be advantageous for myself to be taller, also since 99% of couples the guy is taller than the girl you would assume that being short woulnd't be good for a man as you have less of a genetic pool to select from.

it is similar to a woman who is 5 11, she just has less selection.

at least with height i can scientificaly proove you are at a legitimate disadvantage for women, and that you have a small selection of women in which to choose, baldness however is iffy.

No that's a bad comparison because some people look stupid as hell being sly bald. Being Short is being Short.

You're 5'4.5 bare foot. 2inch lift shoes would make you 5'6.5.

You're dating pool is 5'6" to 5'0" women. The average height of a woman in America is 5'4" so <5'6" is probably going to be 2/3 of all women. Of those women at WORST 1/2 of them will have a strict height requirement that cannot be overcome by any sort of "confidence".

You are still datable to 1/3 of all woman based on height.