Making A Custom Topical Hair Loss Treatment

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the status of the topical Swoop?

Drogedagh

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just made a batch of a topical inspired by this thread. Recipe consists of:
Equol
Carnitine
Borage Oil
Vitamin D-3
Coconut oil
Bees wax
Isopropyl Myristate

My goal was to create a topical that can also act as a hair gel of sorts so hence the addition of wax. Isopropyl Myristate was added to enable faster absorption of Equol/Carnitine/Borrage Oil and to reduce greasiness of overall topical (which it does a nice job at that). Added a couple of drops of cedarwood oil, cade oil and sandalwood just as a very slight fragrance although that is not necessary since the topical as it was had virtually no scent. I just mixed it and applied it and it does the job of a hair gel nicely and has very good spreadibility (courtesy of the IM); whether it does anything to maintain/regrow hair remains to be seen.
how did you dissolve equol?

Reaction score
I have been a long time lurker and very rare poster on this website, I just want to take some time to thank Swoop. Every post I read he has some input that is informative and educational ( at least for me!). Looking at this topical, the ingredients seem very promising and being able to apply all of them at once is a major convenience.

If you need anything to speed up the process or any type of help, please let me know! I would love to be a part of this

Drogedagh

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for anyone who cares, here's what the lotion/topical i mixed up looks like; very usable, i am applying it every night and wash it in the morning. The hair really feels like it's absorbing all the oils in the lotion, and it feels thicker but i know that is standard when you apply oils to hair since it makes it basically swell up.
View attachment 41896
any results?

Jeca Tatu

Established Member
Reaction score
I know the last days were full of much-anticipated discussions, but...any news on Swoop-o-Grower ??:rolleyes:
Cheers buddy.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Swoop we all definitely appreciate you doing this! keep it up. My question is in regard to inflammation / scalp sensations. Has it helped at all?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, first of all sorry for the delay. I have been preoccupied with several things lately.. Plus I have also helped with this site (interviews, recent pipeline, articles,).

The sourcing of these ingredients is actually the easy part. Pretty much all of these ingredients are in stock throughout China and assayed at 98% minimum. What only would rest to do is buy these ingredients in a high quantity so you can benefit from economies of scale. The more you buy, the cheaper it is basically. That's how it goes with any compound pretty much, even if it's a custom synthesis. The next step after this would be to test all compounds to make sure it is the right compound and it is indeed of minimum 98% purity like assayed.

I asked both Ziom and Kane, the former couldn't make half of the ingredients happen and Kane can. I could convince Kane to buy these ingredients in a high quantity to keep the price very low by saying that there is enough of demand.

However even then if he would buy all these ingredients there are two problems. The first problem is like I said mixing these ingredients into one formulation although I believe that is pretty manageable. The other problem however stands and that one is pretty hard. It's actually distributing the ready made stuff.

Believe it or not shipping actual ready topicals (liquid) from China is not doable. However what's probably doable is a cream-gel like formulation. Remember, this would be for the ready formulation, getting these separate compounds isn't so hard.

Anyway I need more time, but we'll get there.

Last edited:

feelsbad

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Swoop. Do you think it'd be prohibitively expensive for me to buy some of the ingredients from kane myself to try in the meantime? Like you said, it's cheaper to buy in larger quantities, but if it's not ridiculous I would do it

Hedla

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would jump on this without hesitation. Where could I as a individual start looking for these ingredients in China if there is long delays? Or is it basically impossible?

MakeItSo

Reaction score
@Swoop any suggestions for a good topical solution penetrator? I have been using dimethyl isosorbide (DMI) at 5% for a solution consisting of eqoul, black seed oil, saw palmetto, and beta sitosterol.

MakeItSo

Reaction score

MakeItSo

Reaction score
@MakeItSo
I made my own solution and use isopropyl myrstate to penetrate deep into the skin. Not sure if there are better carriers out there but isopropyl myrstate has a good reputation and has been used in cosmetics for a while.

Thanks. I guess it really is trial and error. I feel like I have become a junior chemist.

MakeItSo

Reaction score
Regarding making your own topical, does anyone have experience with alternatives to lipsomal delivery but of a similar intent (Phlojel, or ??)?