Making A Custom Topical Hair Loss Treatment

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
@InBeforeTheCure , Thanks certainly going look into these. And yeah round the clock inhibition would be nice. I assume the ROS generation would be continous?

I think this is a great idea. What do we have to do to get started? I'm willing to assist if possible.

Nothing. It's already happening. Everything will be available soon and every ingredient third party tested. . 4-6 weeks max.. Going to be very cheap too. After that we'll have to check solubility etc.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Assuming it ends up working what if someone else wanted to buy this? Would they need to buy all the ingredients and mix it up themselves each time or does the lab keep the recipe and sell premade batches of this stuff
If it ended up working down the road and comes out before that brotzu lotion, and is reasonably priced I might try it versus trying finasteride. I dont want to play chemist though each batch i dont know enough about that stuff. Premade would be worth it though

inmyhead

Reaction score
Would love to try, but maybe without spironolactone since i got gyno from finasteride

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@InBeforeTheCure , Thanks certainly going look into these. And yeah round the clock inhibition would be nice. I assume the ROS generation would be continous?

It would fluctuate over time in each cell, but at each particular time point there would probably be some cells accumulating ROS and some not. So I would assume continuous ROS blocking would be ideal.

Bushi

Reaction score
Although I haven't read everything yet, but what I've read sounds very interesting.

But what would be used as vehicle?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
hmmm, i think a kickstarter for this could do quite well though i am not sure if they would allow. Nevertheless, if components are verified for purity/legitimacy then i would be very interested in participating

Everything will be tested through NMR/HPLC to confirm it's the correct compound and purity.

Although I haven't read everything yet, but what I've read sounds very interesting.

But what would be used as vehicle?

Don't know yet. Will be a bit of trial & error to get the solubility right I guess.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Once you get the formula right, and it seems to be working how can the rest of us follow in your footsteps as easily as possible? Preferably not having to play at home chemist which is my major hang up with most of this DIY experimental chemistry

inmyhead

Reaction score
Do we need to test all ingredients? we could just buy some from trusted sourcers ( like alfatradiol from amazon for example)

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Have you decided the final ingredients for the lotion? Personally I think if you have S-Equol then Alfatradiol is not required, I've stopped using Pantostin as part of my regimen.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Is s-equol that hard and expensive to make? Why cant a supplement maker sell the stuff like a liquid or something on amazon. If it works so well at stopping androgens why the hell is it so hard to get. They should be selling it everywhere like soy. Soy isoflavone supplements are a dime a dozen. There are 50 different ones on amazon

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swoop, i"m interested in this. Btw, check your PM, please. Thanks!

I will PM you back today or tommorow. Sorry been busy as hell lately. Running on 6 hours of sleep lately lol.

Once you get the formula right, and it seems to be working how can the rest of us follow in your footsteps as easily as possible? Preferably not having to play at home chemist which is my major hang up with most of this DIY experimental chemistry

I understand. It's a problem. As some are too lazy or indeed don't want to mess with the DIY stuff. Let me think about this. I'll try to come up with a solution.

Do we need to test all ingredients? we could just buy some from trusted sourcers ( like alfatradiol from amazon for example)

Well you could yeah. These ingredients will be tested though. They are assayed at 98% minimum. But to ensure that the structure & purity is correct it will be all tested through NMR & HPLC after homogenization of the big batches.

Have you decided the final ingredients for the lotion? Personally I think if you have S-Equol then Alfatradiol is not required, I've stopped using Pantostin as part of my regimen.

Why did you stop? You could leave alfatradiol out. Your choice.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why did you stop? You could leave alfatradiol out. Your choice.

Pantostin is just too weak at 0.25mg/ml for the price and at higher concentrations I would not be surprised if it gave the same side effects as Finasteride. S-equol seems like a safer bet, I will give it a few months without alfa to see if there is a difference and then ideally start the to up the s-equol dosage.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Pantostin is just too weak at 0.25mg/ml for the price and at higher concentrations I would not be surprised if it gave the same side effects as Finasteride. S-equol seems like a safer bet, I will give it a few months without alfa to see if there is a difference and then ideally start the to up the s-equol dosage.

For how long did you use it?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For how long did you use it?

I've been using it for 15months, initially by itself for 3 months and then I added minoxidil which resulted in some very slight thickening of existing hairs. I only got substantial growth when I added stemox/peppermint oil/tretinoin but unfortunately I do not know which one of the three was the magic ingredient. Now I have equelle tablets but I would ideally like some proper s-equol.

abcdefg

Reaction score
What do you think the cost per month of using this would end up being? I guess its a ways away still after testing it and such but man I would love to avoid ever touching finasteride. My hormone levels have served me well so far id rather not screw all that up

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey swoop, thanks for doing this. How can we help you? Also would PGE2 be helpful with something like this?

Maybe a bit. I'm not really into PGE2 though. On it's own it doesn't amount too much anyway. Expensive too. Also this topical is more working through damage control.

What's the legal issue? It doesn't sound like Swoop's distributing anything, just trying to come up with a protocol to replicate it.

This indeed. This isn't the Brotzu lotion. This has nothing to do with his patent. Just sourcing for ingredients and testing them. I'm not going to distribute/manufacture anything either.

What do you think the cost per month of using this would end up being? I guess its a ways away still after testing it and such but man I would love to avoid ever touching finasteride. My hormone levels have served me well so far id rather not screw all that up

Estimation around $15 a month.

Last edited: