Making A Custom Topical Hair Loss Treatment | Page 4 | HairLossTalk Forums

Making A Custom Topical Hair Loss Treatment

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by Swoop, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Swoop

Swoop Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @InBeforeTheCure , Thanks certainly going look into these. And yeah round the clock inhibition would be nice. I assume the ROS generation would be continous?

Nothing. It's already happening. Everything will be available soon and every ingredient third party tested. . 4-6 weeks max.. Going to be very cheap too. After that we'll have to check solubility etc.

2. abcdefg

abcdefg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Assuming it ends up working what if someone else wanted to buy this? Would they need to buy all the ingredients and mix it up themselves each time or does the lab keep the recipe and sell premade batches of this stuff
    If it ended up working down the road and comes out before that brotzu lotion, and is reasonably priced I might try it versus trying finasteride. I dont want to play chemist though each batch i dont know enough about that stuff. Premade would be worth it though

Spellbinder likes this.
  3. inmyhead

inmyhead Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Would love to try, but maybe without spironolactone since i got gyno from finasteride

4. InBeforeTheCure

InBeforeTheCure Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It would fluctuate over time in each cell, but at each particular time point there would probably be some cells accumulating ROS and some not. So I would assume continuous ROS blocking would be ideal.

5. Bushi

Bushi New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Although I haven't read everything yet, but what I've read sounds very interesting.

But what would be used as vehicle?

6. Swoop

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Everything will be tested through NMR/HPLC to confirm it's the correct compound and purity.

Don't know yet. Will be a bit of trial & error to get the solubility right I guess.

7. PRM

PRM Member

Dislikes Received:
    Swoop, i"m interested in this. Btw, check your PM, please. Thanks!

8. abcdefg

abcdefg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Once you get the formula right, and it seems to be working how can the rest of us follow in your footsteps as easily as possible? Preferably not having to play at home chemist which is my major hang up with most of this DIY experimental chemistry

9. inmyhead

inmyhead Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Do we need to test all ingredients? we could just buy some from trusted sourcers ( like alfatradiol from amazon for example)

10. mr_robot

mr_robot Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have you decided the final ingredients for the lotion? Personally I think if you have S-Equol then Alfatradiol is not required, I've stopped using Pantostin as part of my regimen.

11. abcdefg

abcdefg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Is s-equol that hard and expensive to make? Why cant a supplement maker sell the stuff like a liquid or something on amazon. If it works so well at stopping androgens why the hell is it so hard to get. They should be selling it everywhere like soy. Soy isoflavone supplements are a dime a dozen. There are 50 different ones on amazon

12. Swoop

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I will PM you back today or tommorow. Sorry been busy as hell lately. Running on 6 hours of sleep lately lol.

I understand. It's a problem. As some are too lazy or indeed don't want to mess with the DIY stuff. Let me think about this. I'll try to come up with a solution.

Well you could yeah. These ingredients will be tested though. They are assayed at 98% minimum. But to ensure that the structure & purity is correct it will be all tested through NMR & HPLC after homogenization of the big batches.

Why did you stop? You could leave alfatradiol out. Your choice.

13. Optimistic1

Optimistic1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey swoop, thanks for doing this. How can we help you? Also would PGE2 be helpful with something like this?

14. mr_robot

Dislikes Received:
    Pantostin is just too weak at 0.25mg/ml for the price and at higher concentrations I would not be surprised if it gave the same side effects as Finasteride. S-equol seems like a safer bet, I will give it a few months without alfa to see if there is a difference and then ideally start the to up the s-equol dosage.

Swoop likes this.
  15. Kevand

Kevand Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    For how long did you use it?

16. NorwoodGuardian

NorwoodGuardian Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Swoop you have overcome the legal issue when the Italian guy is still unknown?

17. mr_robot

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using it for 15months, initially by itself for 3 months and then I added minoxidil which resulted in some very slight thickening of existing hairs. I only got substantial growth when I added stemox/peppermint oil/tretinoin but unfortunately I do not know which one of the three was the magic ingredient. Now I have equelle tablets but I would ideally like some proper s-equol.

18. abcdefg

abcdefg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    What do you think the cost per month of using this would end up being? I guess its a ways away still after testing it and such but man I would love to avoid ever touching finasteride. My hormone levels have served me well so far id rather not screw all that up

19. Swoop

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Maybe a bit. I'm not really into PGE2 though. On it's own it doesn't amount too much anyway. Expensive too. Also this topical is more working through damage control.

This indeed. This isn't the Brotzu lotion. This has nothing to do with his patent. Just sourcing for ingredients and testing them. I'm not going to distribute/manufacture anything either.

Estimation around $15 a month.

#79 Swoop, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    The 7TH Sense and Xaser94 like this.
  20. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Wow that is super cheap.