Make brotzu's lotion (not yet GB!)

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still don´t think spato is a scammer. What pisses me off is his lack of doing sh*t about lost lotions. I was talking with my friend about it (I just said I was about to get parcel from Italy, not good friends enough to tell him about desperate attempt to get black market lotion of theoretically working hairloss potion). He told me, that when he was in Milano to buy some clothes he was stupid enough to use poste italiane. After 3 days he got information your parcel was sent. After two month he got nothing. Poste italiane was incapable to help to track it. So he went himself to Italy and played some Sherlock and found his package in a storage...
I tried to ask spato about the same thing. To try to find it. No answer. The only quiet italian person in the world.

Don´t know what to say. Of course, I hope you are right. But doesn´t it sound strange that he claims to be able to produce his own hairloss treatment, but is unable to speak even basic English or send expensive parcels with a tracking number?

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don´t know what to say. Of course, I hope you are right. But doesn´t it sound strange that he claims to be able to produce his own hairloss treatment, but is unable to speak even basic English or send expensive parcels with a tracking number?
Well, that is the right moment to call someone an Idiot. Although I believe you and the rest of the second GB will get it. The slavic part in me yells KURVA, the spanish call for blood vengeance and the german part tries to calm them down. However, if I will have at least positive feedback about potion from second group buy I would be gifted with hope. Just the fact, there is something efficient to be able to fight with this twisted life stealing beast.

Hairloss2020aga

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys regardless of scamming, not scamming, customs/no customs, whatever.. I think our energy would be better spent on focusing on figuring out a new group buy. I've tried to do some research on it but haven't come up with much so far... Anyone else?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys regardless of scamming, not scamming, customs/no customs, whatever.. I think our energy would be better spent on focusing on figuring out a new group buy. I've tried to do some research on it but haven't come up with much so far... Anyone else?

You mean from a different supplier? I know they were talking about that here or on other thread of trying to get a vendor to make it.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Use your heads. Guy takes 100 orders on paypal (and demands you to send it under the 'friends and family' option, which coincidentally CANNOT be disputed for a refund). Next, shocked by the amount of boyscouts who shelled out the dough, he organizes a second group buy before shipping the first one out, finds another hundred baldies to make him another 9 grand richer.

Do you really think this dude was just going to separately prepare the lotions, package each individual one and mail them out, out of the goodness of his heart?

Maybe he started with good intentions and simply got overwhelmed with the task and decided to take a nice vacation. hahahaha, although this is a pretty decent case study to let fidia know they need to hurry the f*** up, the market is STARVING

Jamo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am leaning towards scammer but I can also believe very uncoordinated and..shall we say...not the sharpest knife in the drawer?

demands you to send it under the 'friends and family' option, which coincidentally CANNOT be disputed for a refund).
I think on his blog he did upload the demands from Paypal to send copies of IDs and so on to get access to his account again after they froze it because it looked like he was running a business. So I guess a lot of people thought he was acting properly in making the switch to F&F only.

Still, I think he hasn't sought out a solution for those of us who haven't received anything and that says a lot. Even an attempt, like "I made some calls and nobody can tell me what's going on because....." would be someting. I'm still also skeptical that any EU postal service could be that much worse. In individual cases, or slightly across the average, yes sure, but not when some guy is sending dozens of things, as though they are all sitting in a corner for months waiting for someone to finally deal with and then in the end they decide not to do anything with them. I don't buy that.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This has been an interesting read. To be honest, from my experience, this seems like a 'legitimate scam'.

Example. I make a potion which has no scientific proof and i claim it can HELP to grow back hair. Not proven but can help. Much like protein shakes can help build musle, but wont build it by itself.

I sell the potion to lots of people, it does not work, you cant dispute it legally.

Selling it via paypal and payments cant be refunded. Have no reason to even bother wasting my money on sending anything.

In truth, there are sooooo many lotions and potions out there that claim to help regrow hair. I know people who have spent hundreds of pounds. Fact is people get desperate and will try anything at the start of the loss.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
This has been an interesting read. To be honest, from my experience, this seems like a 'legitimate scam'.

Example. I make a potion which has no scientific proof and i claim it can HELP to grow back hair. Not proven but can help. Much like protein shakes can help build musle, but wont build it by itself.

I sell the potion to lots of people, it does not work, you cant dispute it legally.

Selling it via paypal and payments cant be refunded. Have no reason to even bother wasting my money on sending anything.

In truth, there are sooooo many lotions and potions out there that claim to help regrow hair. I know people who have spent hundreds of pounds. Fact is people get desperate and will try anything at the start of the loss.
The age old issue with "experimental treatments" – I've been there, done that, sadly.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you really think this dude was just going to separately prepare the lotions, package each individual one and mail them out, out of the goodness of his heart?
No, he could have been a guy, who is trying to make some money by selling a good product. And I also thought: "The other guys are give him money, so he is most likely trustworthy." And since everybody else probably thought the same, we all got scammed. That´s how it goes.....

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am leaning towards scammer but I can also believe very uncoordinated and..shall we say...not the sharpest knife in the drawer?

I think on his blog he did upload the demands from Paypal to send copies of IDs and so on to get access to his account again after they froze it because it looked like he was running a business. So I guess a lot of people thought he was acting properly in making the switch to F&F only.

Still, I think he hasn't sought out a solution for those of us who haven't received anything and that says a lot. Even an attempt, like "I made some calls and nobody can tell me what's going on because....." would be someting. I'm still also skeptical that any EU postal service could be that much worse. In individual cases, or slightly across the average, yes sure, but not when some guy is sending dozens of things, as though they are all sitting in a corner for months waiting for someone to finally deal with and then in the end they decide not to do anything with them. I don't buy that.

The irony of it all: He could have sent the foreigners the same garbage he (most likely) sent to the Italians. There would have been no complaints against him, since everybody was like: "Damn, the product simply didn´t work." But it seems he was too greedy and made some extra money by not even trying to act as if he wasn´t a scammer.

Jamo

My Regimen
Reaction score
The irony of it all: He could have sent the foreigners the same garbage he (most likely) sent to the Italians. There would have been no complaints against him, since everybody was like: "Damn, the product simply didn´t work." But it seems he was too greedy and made some extra money by not even trying to act as if he wasn´t a scammer.

I think that's why a lot of people have been reluctant to call him a scammer. If he was just giving us a 5 euro unscented face cream he could have sent it within a week after payment. It seemed like there was some effort being put in.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If only the hairloss community cared more about hair than they did money we'd actually might have some decent treatments out there.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Any update on Kane producing this? I seen to recall someone saying they'd been in contact and he wanted the patent.

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just received the lotion from some Italian guy who had sides and wanted to sell it. So, Spato did send something at least to the Italians and a package from Italy in the Eu usually only takes a few days.

My guess is that he either didn't send it or that the whole badge of packages got lost somewhere on their way outside of Italy.

jeff_

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I'm in the second group buy and have been corresponding with Emanuele. He answers questions that are easy to answer and does not answer tougher ones. I can share our correspondence if anyone cares to see it and can leave it to you what to make of it in terms of whether you believe him to be legit. The strategic thing to do (whether he is honest or not) would be to try to get a legitimate group buy going *PROVIDING* it's even possible to source the components at a feasible price and find a lab which has the proper equipment (sonicator) willing to fabricate a lotion that is patented in Italy. These issues were the ones Emanuele identified himself as making it nearly impossible to achieve. I asked how he overcame them. No response. The more I read about Brotzu's concoction, the more it seems worthwhile to try it providing it's not prohibitively expensive. I live in Manhattan (and am from Canada originally so can operate there as well if necessary) and am willing to quarterback a group buy (can assign someone else to handle to money or keep it in escrow, also willing to chat by phone/Skype to give you peace of mind) but I need help. Let me know and we'll get it going.

jeff_

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gathering info, have called a couple of compounding pharmacies here in NY, they're going to look into it and get back to me. One place does not have a sonicator but is going to direct me to places that do. The sourcing of the components is tricky, some places require their main supplier carry anything they use to compound, others seem open to having me source the components for them. Will keep you all posted. If one batch is priced even remotely reasonably, I'll likely get it done for myself alone if there are no takers on this board who want in.