Losing Hairline At 20? Or Maturing? Agh..

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey friend, just wanted to give you mental strength for what you're facing right now, and wanted to add that on the day of my 20th bday i started finasteride, and switched it for dutasteride a couple months later, and I haven't had any side effects on any of the medecine. Taking a pill before sleeping has just become routine for me and seems honestly less of a hassle that doing stuff like oil massage and dermarolling. My DM are open if you want to talk with someone in the same age/situation as you.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sorry but It's male patter baldness. You will be bald. At least according to the rules of my theory which most of the times it seems accurate. You have vertical facial growth with a dropped down jawline. You need treatment.

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got a haircut today and made the mistake of getting it cut too short, really made me realize how bleak my situation is. I’m devastated and embarrassed.

My doctor approved finasteride for me. The journey starts tomorrow.

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got a haircut today and made the mistake of getting it cut too short, really made me realize how bleak my situation is. I’m devastated and embarrassed.

My doctor approved finasteride for me. The journey starts tomorrow.

Great ! for the moment, you could hide the low density on the front with just a tad of toppik. Good luck and don't forget that you can only assess the results after 1,5 years

hoko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finished my first week on finasteride, and my entire life is ruined!

...Just kidding. Feeling the same as I did before taking it. I’m now on the big 3 + dermarolling, so here’s to hoping for at least some results. I’ll check back in a few months.

good choice, mate. Stick with it for at least a year, and if you need any additional thickness, just know there are plenty more drugs you can add to your regimen. I’d bet on you being able to return to your pictures from a year ago.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finished my first week on finasteride, and my entire life is ruined!

...Just kidding. Feeling the same as I did before taking it. I’m now on the big 3 + dermarolling, so here’s to hoping for at least some results. I’ll check back in a few months.

Goodluck mate! The first year on finasteride is a roller coaster for most, so if your not experiencing any sides, do not let yourself get discouraged by the sheds and quit.

doflamingo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
good luck homie, bald =
fap6seb.png

Last edited:

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going on 3 weeks of finasteride, along with minoxidil and weekly dermarolling. Feeling pretty good, no sides still. Honestly, finally being on finasteride has helped me stress less about my hair. I’m sure it’s purely psychological as 3 weeks is too early to notice any results, but I feel like my frontal section looks slightly thicker. Could be the shorter hair, but it looked abysmal when I got my haircut a month ago and now I’m pretty happy with it. Even with my longer-haired August pictures, you could see right through my frontal section. Having a harder time doing that now.

Here’s a progress pic for comparison later.

1BAE4FB4-DCA2-457E-A9F7-76A2FBA6B572.jpeg

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the latest picture, your hair actually seems pretty fine!
Ofcourse us balding men can see that you have miniaturized hairs along the hairline - but for 90% of people, your hair looks good mate.
Keep up the treatments and you will probably have a lot of years without any problems. I myself, was scared shitless 2 years ago when i first started finasteride because i was approaching Norwood3v, my temples where gone (still are) are the middle in front was starting to go too - finasteride have maintained my hair ever since, and thickened my crown to the point that there is no bald spot at all. I was 23 when i started Finasteride, now 25. I have had zero problems except for watery semen the first weak. That went away as quickly as it started.
Good luck friend!

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good move going on finasteride. It’s not a miracle and usually it maintains more often then regrows hair. I’ve had zero sides whatsoever and I’ve been on for over a year. It looks like you would most
Likely go bald if not for finasteride, in my opinion. Good choice , don’t think about it

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep us updated man. Hoping you get some ground back. Is it usually the case you go “back in time” 6 months to a year? And that’s usually the limit to regrowth on finasteride

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’ll be fine bro, stick to finasteride for a full year regardless of whether you think it’s going badly or not. I’m 24 now but got on around 21. My hair is virtually the same and I have more sex now than ever before. I have diffused thinning so not only am I losing the temples, I was getting a f*****g bald spot in the back. Now, with the way I style my hair, you can’t really see either.

I think you will be able to maintain for years, but don’t expect to grow anything back. If you’re okay with the way your hair is now (you should be) then you’ll be fine. You’ll also learn different styling techniques to make your hair look the best it possibly can.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’ll be fine bro, stick to finasteride for a full year regardless of whether you think it’s going badly or not. I’m 24 now but got on around 21. My hair is virtually the same and I have more sex now than ever before. I have diffused thinning so not only am I losing the temples, I was getting a f*****g bald spot in the back. Now, with the way I style my hair, you can’t really see either.

I think you will be able to maintain for years, but don’t expect to grow anything back. If you’re okay with the way your hair is now (you should be) then you’ll be fine. You’ll also learn different styling techniques to make your hair look the best it possibly can.

Did your diffuse thinning improve on finasteride? I’ve heard it helps there compared to temple growth. Might need some oral min to push you into regrowth territory

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did your diffuse thinning improve on finasteride? I’ve heard it helps there compared to temple growth. Might need some oral min to push you into regrowth territory
It didn’t improve, it may have gotten slightly worse in my opinion. But, according to photos, it’s close to unchanged in the 29 months I’ve been on it.

You can check my finasteride update out if you’d like. It’s a lengthy thread on the “tell your story” section. Leave some feedback if you do

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score

Just reread this and want to clarify. When I said “I have more sex now than ever before”. I didn’t mean to flex. I meant I have zero side effects and my confidence is high. I believe a lot of those side effects are mental and could be due to low confidence.

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well hello everyone,

Thank you all for the words of encouragement and for sharing your experiences. Next week, I’ll have reached 2 full months on finasteride. It’s still too early to see any results from it, but thought I’d give a quick update again.

Finasteride has been good to me. Like I mentioned earlier, knowing I’m finally on it has put me at ease about my hair. No sides whatsoever, and I think my hair looks pretty much the same. This is a good thing, because it was getting worse fast and I was noticing changes each time I styled it. Top is still a little thin, and this is visible in certain lightings. But...it feels a little thicker when I run my hand through it than I remembered. Maybe it’s just my imagination or the fact that it’s growing longer.

Here’s my update pic (with unwashed hair again, sorry). Feel free to comment your thoughts.

3820111D-80EB-4C15-B696-FEAAE4E3CD22.jpeg