Losing Hairline At 20? Or Maturing? Agh..

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all—been a while. Meant to update more frequently, but time got away from me. What am I on, month 7 of finasteride?

This is probably the first update in my whole thread where I can confidently bring some good news...or rather, lack of bad news. While I can’t say I’ve seen massive regrowth from the big 3, I’ve definitely noticed an increase in overall density and a halting of hairloss progression.

Whatever the case, I feel good enough about my hair to be growing longer than I have in over a year.

Front (hair down):
49632427-67F2-4D22-9D77-DF6CBA486A90.jpeg

Hairline pulled back:
A5BE16C9-FB83-4EDB-BAEC-EC314359D150.jpeg

Right temple:
89C0B05F-76A1-41AA-8340-6A94FFB14F06.jpeg

Left temple:
252A7215-B095-48CA-858A-9ED97969DAE4.jpeg

Front (hair pushed back so hairline visible):
4E76B2F1-8F42-4220-8CD2-BB22FF8BD1B5.jpeg

Yes, the thinning is still visible. No, I didn’t become a Norwood 0. But compared to August, I’m so much happier about my hair. Here’s a picture I was too afraid to share from then, which was what prompted me to get on finasteride immediately. It removed all doubt in my mind that I was balding and my time was limited:
56993F7D-99F5-4A4A-8A9D-BE6E7CC8D545.jpeg

In conclusion: feeling pretty good. No sides yet, have seen maintenance and an increase in density of my hair. Hopefully will see even better results in months to come. What do you guys think? All thoughts and advice welcome.

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all—been a while. Meant to update more frequently, but time got away from me. What am I on, month 7 of finasteride?

This is probably the first update in my whole thread where I can confidently bring some good news...or rather, lack of bad news. While I can’t say I’ve seen massive regrowth from the big 3, I’ve definitely noticed an increase in overall density and a halting of hairloss progression.

Whatever the case, I feel good enough about my hair to be growing longer than I have in over a year.

Front (hair down):
View attachment 159980

Hairline pulled back:
View attachment 159981

Right temple:
View attachment 159982

Left temple:
View attachment 159983

Front (hair pushed back so hairline visible):
View attachment 159984

Yes, the thinning is still visible. No, I didn’t become a Norwood 0. But compared to August, I’m so much happier about my hair. Here’s a picture I was too afraid to share from then, which was what prompted me to get on finasteride immediately. It removed all doubt in my mind that I was balding and my time was limited:
View attachment 159985

In conclusion: feeling pretty good. No sides yet, have seen maintenance and an increase in density of my hair. Hopefully will see even better results in months to come. What do you guys think? All thoughts and advice welcome.
Damn! Looking nice bro, keep it up!

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's good that you got improvement on it. Been on finasteride for almost 9 months and still no sign of improvements. I wonder if it is due to not using minoxidil.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's good that you got improvement on it. Been on finasteride for almost 9 months and still no sign of improvements. I wonder if it is due to not using minoxidil.
Possibly. Finasteride usually just maintains for most people. Regrowth usually involves a growth stimulant of some sort.

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update...still doing well. Hair’s getting pretty long now. Really thankful to be able to get it to this length again.

2E895BB6-61BC-4401-92FB-C9BF4E77C9A3.jpeg

DFF5C593-61AD-46AC-AD19-E7240BFFD792.jpeg

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. Has anyone commented on your improved hair?
I’ve definitely gotten compliments on the longer look, but not much with regards to how it’s changed. Everyone I’ve talked to about it says it looks the same as it always has. Haha

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, looking nice. I guess one year from now your hair will be looking way more better

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve definitely gotten compliments on the longer look, but not much with regards to how it’s changed. Everyone I’ve talked to about it says it looks the same as it always has. Haha
My mother doesn't get it either. She's like you weren't all that bald. This is for you and no one else.

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My mother doesn't get it either. She's like you weren't all that bald. This is for you and no one else.
For sure. I guess it’s reassuring to know most people around me hadn’t noticed my hair progressively getting worse. But I know better. Haha