Losing Hairline At 20? Or Maturing? Agh..

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sigh.
What do you recommend? Did I catch it early enough to have a chance at stopping it?
Not early but not late either. I recommend seeing a dermatologist. On your own you can start needling and minoxidil ,I do it so I recommend it ofte.

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Couple concerning pics from the other day...it worries me every time I look under a light like this. Decided to hop on Biotin and green tea. At least it feels like I'm doing more now..

20190610_085841.jpg

20190609_094114.jpg

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finding it hard to accept what's happening to me right now. At 20 this is the last thing I needed to deal with. Thinking about changing my hairstyle.

Hoping all this stuff I'm doing is working, but gotta be realistic. I know stress makes it worse but it's just so hard to ignore. Life goes on I guess.

John_zor

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, I feel your pain. Can you post some older pictures? You mentioned you didn't have widows peak before. And they recently developed?

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, I feel your pain. Can you post some older pictures? You mentioned you didn't have widows peak before. And they recently developed?
Here's some pictures going back to Fall 2018. I definitely remember not having a widow's peak--at least until the last year or so. Let me know if you see any progression in these photos until now.

October 2018 (before my haircut and before minoxidil--loved this hair.)
20190616_232221.jpg

December 2018 (right after haircut, shortly before minoxidil).
20190616_231904.jpg

January 2019 (about a month after minoxidil).
20190616_231822.jpg

May 2019 (5 or 6 months after minoxidil).
20190616_231724.jpg

I feel like in all of these pictures, you can notice a slight widow's peak developing, or at least thinness in the front. Then compare to one of the pictures now, of course:

June 2019 (haircut since previous pic, 6-7 months after minoxidil).
20190606_102407.jpg

Then boom, obvious widow's peak. Just feel like my temples are receding further..sorry for the long post, but hopefully these pics will give you guys a better idea of how my hairline's progressing. Thanks in advance.

John_zor

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like your hair is maturing, could be lighting, could be different angle of photography, maybe it is maybe it not, can't really tell. But if there is a little widow peak action going on, it's quite normal. Like I said, I've had it since birth and mine progressed a little further. If you can tell a difference between thickens of your hair in temples. back or crown then it could be something. But it just looks like your hair is normal like this, it's not really thick overall nor is it thin. I would take some photos, turn this page off, came back in a year and post another to see if there is any progress.
You are 20, your hair just like all of your body is changing, give it some time, there is nothing you can do by stressing over it.
You are good, don't worry :)

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like your hair is maturing, could be lighting, could be different angle of photography, maybe it is maybe it not, can't really tell. But if there is a little widow peak action going on, it's quite normal. Like I said, I've had it since birth and mine progressed a little further. If you can tell a difference between thickens of your hair in temples. back or crown then it could be something. But it just looks like your hair is normal like this, it's not really thick overall nor is it thin. I would take some photos, turn this page off, came back in a year and post another to see if there is any progress.
You are 20, your hair just like all of your body is changing, give it some time, there is nothing you can do by stressing over it.
You are good, don't worry :)
Thank you for the encouraging reply--probably one of the most helpful I've gotten. I'm gonna keep an eye on it--definitely going through a shed right now (hairs have white bulbs at the end), so not sure if that's also having an impact. Could be stress related.

I'm going to just try not worrying about it, keep doing what I'm doing, and hopefully see some results. :)

John_zor

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I've forgot to answer. If there IS any difference between those pictures, there is slim to non trust me. Lightning is everything, you can lose few baby hairs from temples and look like you are balding when you compare older pictures. I have a TONS of pictures where you can compare how my hair looked like, and believe me, I'm scrolling through them , looking at pictures from 2 months ago my hair looked a lot thinner, then few weeks after, BOOM, thick and healthy hair, again, week after that I'm like, what is this sh*t? Am I balding?? Then again, great hair.
There are many factors to consider when you're comparing some older pictures.
Is it lighting the same, was my hair washed, dry, how was it dried? What time of year was it, were I shredding etc etc.
I really think your hair looks good. And you should be calm for a long time.

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I've forgot to answer. If there IS any difference between those pictures, there is slim to non trust me. Lightning is everything, you can lose few baby hairs from temples and look like you are balding when you compare older pictures. I have a TONS of pictures where you can compare how my hair looked like, and believe me, I'm scrolling through them , looking at pictures from 2 months ago my hair looked a lot thinner, then few weeks after, BOOM, thick and healthy hair, again, week after that I'm like, what is this sh*t? Am I balding?? Then again, great hair.
There are many factors to consider when you're comparing some older pictures.
Is it lighting the same, was my hair washed, dry, how was it dried? What time of year was it, were I shredding etc etc.
I really think your hair looks good. And you should be calm for a long time.
Thanks a lot John--you've really reassured me here. Lighting definitely makes a difference--while I've noticed some changes under the same light, they're probably not as big as I'm making them out to be.
You can use Biotin as supplements
Yeah, I started on Biotin last Sunday.

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm back with an observarion... lately I've been noticing increased shedding. Every time I run a comb through my hair, I'm noticing a lot of smaller, lighter hairs on the comb. And when styling, seeing some darker hairs on my hands. Really concerning, just when I've been trying to relax more about my hair. What could be going on here with all these smaller hairs? Is it just a phase?

Hopping on Nizoral shampoo tomorrow, as I hear it helps with hair loss (and dandruff, which I'm starting to see more of lately. I'm guessing from the minoxidil.)

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only wish I had the hair I did at the time of making these posts...