life seems worthless

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your face is much more important than anything else, even height.

The only reason why people say it isn't is to sound politically correct by giving others a chance. Bald/balding men know that is not what happens in the real world.

gcostanza

Reaction score
has anyone tried SMP? I went to His Hair Clinic in February and I've been very happy with the results. hair loss pretty much consumed my life until I had it done.

gcostanza

Reaction score
Happy for you, but a lot of us would not be happy with the idea of having a permanent tattoo on our scalp, especially if there is no hair to "back it up".

You don't need any hair to back it up. some guys are completely bald

Who knows in what position you will find yourself in the future if your tattoo bleeds or your hair turns gray?

Who knows what position anyone will be in the future? i could be hit by a bus tomorrow. these tattoos don't bleed, I did research on the best places to go. the "ink" does eventually fade, after about 7-10 years. by then i'll be going gray, no problem.

I wouldn't be against temporary SMP on top of a FUE though.

I'm just saying it's an option. it's an option that I chose and I've been happy with it. Just want people to know that there are options and you don't have to be so depressed about it.

Here' s a pic. I was a NW7 5 months ago

IMG_7357b.jpg

gcostanza

Reaction score
Well if people are fooled by that then no problem, just don't let women touch it, because they won't be able to feel any hair and they will wonder what's up.

it's funny you say that. I met a girl the week before I had it done. she rubbed my head for two hours. the next week, 4 days after I had the first procedure, I saw her again. she spent the night rubbing my head again and said nothing.

is it perfect? probably not, but I dont feel like a bald guy anymore.

tkster95

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I went to NYC and had a consultation with His hair as well as another clinic in the area, headstrong. I was very impressed with what I saw at both providers. At His hair, Ian the founder of the procedure, did my consultation. He's had it done for over 12 years and it still looked good. I don't think the average person on the street would question it at all. He had a pretty aggressive hairline for someone his age but he pulled it off well. It blended in with his real hair perfect as well. All tole, I saw about 7 or 8 people with the treatment and they all looked good. I saw 3 people who kept some hair growth on top and used SMP to fill in the rest. That looked amazing on 1 person and so so on the others (the two who looked so so were still passable but I think they would have looked better if they just shaved instead of kept the bit of hair length). Keeping a bit of hair length seemed to be hit or miss with the treatment. I think if you have a perfect diffuse thinning than keeping your hair longer is still an option. If you thinning is patchy or you place SMP below your hairline than its not going to work.

I've been shaving my head (NW6/7) for about 8 months and after 24 hours or so of growth there is a noticeable difference in the feel of my sides compared to the top. Although, fresh after a shave the feeling isn't that different. Anyone, even a NW6/7 has little peach fuzz that can be felt. I did some experiments and if I leave the top of my scalp grow a day or two and keep the sides shaven with a razor I can close my eyes and barely feel any difference at all. I don't think any girl would be able to tell a difference. Besides, if your intimate enough with a girl where she's rubbing your head constantly than I would think SMP is doing its job well enough to get you in that position in the first place.

I've pretty much decided I'm getting it done. Still dragging my feet a bit but I think its just a matter of time now. I think one of the most important factors with the procedure is the practitioner whos doing your treatment. It may seem like a simple concept, placing dots on one's head, but there is a lot of skill and artistry that goes into it. I'm trying to decide which company, and which practitioner I feel the most comfortable doing the treatment on me.

resu

Reaction score
Even if you fool someone you won't be able to fool everybody all the time, what will you say when she asks you to grow your hair?

ppo8820

Reaction score
Why don you all rock hair systems?

If its so bad, why not get a good system? They say its a lot of work, but you know what else is???? Worrying about your effing hair loss 24/7 and using pills, creams, and other crap to deal with it. I will never not wear a hair system again and I dont try and hide it. I hated being bald, so I paid to change it. If I lost my teeth, id buy new ones. Same goes with hair! Men need to get over the stigma or wearing hair vs. sitting around in agony because of what other people think.

tkster95

Reaction score
As far as SMP, if someone asks you "why don't you grow your hair out" that's pretty much the best comment you can get. If someone says that, then it means they think its real hair to begin with. If that's the case you can say whatever you want.. you can be honest with them and say its not real, you can say "screw you I'll do what I want", you can say you're thinning and it doesn't look good long, or you can say that it takes 2 minutes every morning to shave and then you don't have to worry about hair for the rest of the day. Since I started shaving my head, it literally takes me 2 minutes in the shower every morning. It takes about the same amount of time it used to take me to shampoo. At first I would shave in front of the mirror and sink and that would take me 15-20 minutes but since I switched to doing it in the shower its so much easier and quicker. I'm surprised more men don't shave every morning instead of taking all that time to style hair, wasting money at the barber etc.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea of SMP. At the end of the day, its not hair. But if it looks better than being bald than it seems like a good choice. As a NW6/7 I hate being bald. I hate the schite I get from strangers, friends, family and I hate the way it makes me look. For me, SMP is a last stitch effort to get out of the bald guy category. If I was just a diffuse thinner then I'd probably still be using concealers. If I was a NW2/3/4 and on meds to keep it that way then I'd get a hair transplant. But since I'm so far gone with my hairloss I don't see any other options in sight. I've been trying to get used to the idea of living as a NW6/7 but I hate it. I feel like if there is a possible solution then I have to try it. All I'm worried about is if it looks fake to the average person taking a quick glance at it. I don't expect to fool every person every time but as long as it's passable 95% of the time I'll be happy.

If I get SMP and like the way I look then I won't care what others say to me about it. No hairloss solution will be 100% undetectable all the time. When I was using concealers I loved the way it looked but to a keen eye they knew it wasn't natural. First time I got called out it hurt but once I got comfortable with it, it didn't effect me at all. All tole I probably had 7 or 8 people say something and I'd just change the subject real quick and forgot about it within 10 minutes. It looked better than being thin and I was comfortable with that. Same thing when I tried a hair piece for the short time I did. I actually liked the way it looked but still got called out a few times. It was somewhat embarrassing but it was better than being bald. As long as I'm not getting called out every time I leave the house i'll be fine with it.

As far as wearing a hair piece, good for you ppo8820, if you found a solution that works for you than more power to you. I tried to wear one for a few months and found it to be unbearable. It was extremely uncomfortable for me. I sweat a lot, more than the average person (hyperhidrosis), and I found sweating with a system was a very nasty, uncomfortable feeling. I liked the way it looked on me but just couldn't stand wearing it. For me, as I mentioned before, I didn't care much about being called out so there was no stigmata associated with it for me, I just couldn't stand gluing that thing to my head.

gcostanza

Reaction score
Even if you fool someone you won't be able to fool everybody all the time, what will you say when she asks you to grow your hair?

I'll tell her the truth, who cares? i look better i feel better, whats the difference?

- - - Updated - - -

As far as SMP, if someone asks you "why don't you grow your hair out" that's pretty much the best comment you can get.

I worked with a new group of people last week, someone asked me that

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Fred, I cant take it anymore. I need to do something about this before I hurt someone or kill myself. I know you were advised against hair transplant but where did you go? Who did you see? I would have to save plus take out a loan but I need enough grafts to cover the front top of my head and leave the crown. It doesnt have to be super dense because I would plan on getting smp once everything is healed. My mailbox is full so we can discuss this right here if everyone is ok with that. I have to do something... the weight is getting to be too much to bear. Help me please.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Thank you and im sorry for assailing you like that but ive been so damned depressed lately. Every day I come home from work a beaten down wreck from the daily indignities I am forced to tolerate...and everyday I dread having to face the world and take my emotional beating like a good baldie. its effecting my home life, its effecting my work its ruining everything. There is no affirmation or line of thought that can heal you from this. The change must be external first, in order for it to seep in and bring about that much needed chain of events that will lead to salvation, happiness for the first time in forever. True happiness, not this psycho babble feel good emotional bandaid nonesense everyone is so quick to preach

I will figure out how to pm you my email, stay tuned.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Fred, I cant take it anymore. I need to do something about this before I hurt someone or kill myself. I know you were advised against hair transplant but where did you go? Who did you see? I would have to save plus take out a loan but I need enough grafts to cover the front top of my head and leave the crown. It doesnt have to be super dense because I would plan on getting smp once everything is healed. My mailbox is full so we can discuss this right here if everyone is ok with that. I have to do something... the weight is getting to be too much to bear. Help me please.

Sorry you are feeling so low, I understand the feeling oh too well. I hope you can get a successful hair transplant to heal your heart.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
+1 to getting a hair transplant and then SMP UCM. It'll make you feel 100000 tmes better and get back you back on your feet and getting treated like a normal person again

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
Why does a hairline matter so much? I've been to the beach this weekend and a lot of guys had a very close haircut and they looked fine. It doesn't even matter for men to have great hair as long as they have a hairline. I don't know why it's the difference between night and day.

I just googled something and aparrently there is such a thing as lowering hairline surgery for women.

antjonz

Reaction score
Hello Fred. My...you seemed upset at my post. I was actually trying to respond to someone that was talking about killing themselves. So if you took this personal (which you obviously did), then my apologies. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was coming at you. Nothing is worth killing yourself over, especially something like going bald. So yes all of my feel good comments and comments about confidence were an attempt to reach someone and tell them "hey, life isnt that bad". I was just curious to know where exactly do you get your stats from? "99.9% of women don't like bald men"? Wow, that sounds a bit fabricated. It seems like mostly everything I said you twisted some kind of way, but that's cool. I was trying to relate what has worked for me in my life. I'm sincerely sorry if you haven't had any success.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
It also shows how diffuse NW2 or thick NW3 cannot possibly compare to being slick bald. People below NW4 are still treated as human beings.

This is a difficult one. As someone who has purely frontal receding and a massive forehead, there is something so pathetic and desperate about trying to cover up, and comb over those receded temples, constantly having to check in the mirror and spending ages fighting a losing battle. Everybody will notice you trying to cover it up, and that's an added element of pathetic - compared to those who "embrace" it and shave it, or pull their hair back and clearly show their recession, or those who are diffuse and have no choice....even if it does look terrible, at least people may think you're "accepting it".

antjonz

Reaction score
Hello Fred. My...you seemed upset at my post. I was actually trying to respond to someone that was talking about killing themselves. So if you took this personal (which you obviously did), then my apologies. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was coming at you. Nothing is worth killing yourself over, especially something like going bald. So yes all of my feel good comments and comments about confidence were an attempt to reach someone and tell them "hey, life isnt that bad". I was just curious to know where exactly do you get your stats from? "99.9% of women don't like bald men"? Wow, that sounds a bit fabricated. It seems like mostly everything I said you twisted some kind of way, but that's cool. I was trying to relate what has worked for me in my life. I'm sincerely sorry if you haven't had any success.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this guy had 11,000 grafts (3 megasessions)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Aqolq7BCf0

it has turned him from a NW5 diffuse into a NW2 with a conservative hairline

it's a v good result for him IMO if a bit conservative - is this the best a hair transplant can do? is 11,000 grafts the maximum?
i can see how it is good for this NW5 diffuse but what about a slick NW6?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2MPrCgXNno

NW6 to NW1.5 - 13,000 grafts - looks a little sparse but with some toppik it could be a "full head"