life seems worthless

shookwun

Reaction score
Sounds good on paper but unfortunately is not the reality for almost all young men who are balding.

Most women will skip a under 30 nw4+

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the confidence thing is a wierd double standard, ask any member here - would you rather go with:

a confident outgoing 300lbs spotty woman
a shy down 120lbs beautiful woman

we all know everyone here would pick the slim one. Even if some white knight chose the fat one for her personality, he would be thinking of the slim one the whole time. you can't cheat biology.

I meet girls with a similar nerdy interest to mine and we get on fine; yet as soon as I introduce them to my NW1 friends, any interest they have in me has gone and they are all over my NW1 friend no matter how little they have in common.

resu

Reaction score
I hate confident women, it just screams pretentiousness to me. Confidence works when you're young, then when it's time to start thinking seriously no one thinks much about it. As long as you act natural and look decent you're not in their red flag zone yet.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude, overcoming hairloss can be challenging, but it's definitely doable. I'll be the first to say it sucks, especially when I see someone my age (46) with a full head of hair. Women of all ages love bald men. You have to have a certain swag or confidence about yourself. That's what attracts women. It also doesn't hurt if you are in shape and dress nicely. So instead of feeling sorry for yourself, work on yourself. Get a new wardrobe, get into shape (if you're not already), work on your confidence. Also, grow some facial hair and MAKE SURE ITS TRIMMED AND NEAT AT ALL TIMES! Lastly, buy different colognes. Women LOVE men that smell good. Make sure you don't take a bath in the stuff though. :) Seriously, nothing is worth taking your life or hurting yourself over, especially something that you can't really control. Just make the most of it. There are SOOOO many women out the that don't care if you're bald or have hair down to your @ss. All that matters to them is how you treat them. Those are the ones you want to find and trust me, those are the ones you really want anyway. Good luck man and take care of yourself.

choofed.gif

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Dude, overcoming hairloss can be challenging, but it's definitely doable. I'll be the first to say it sucks, especially when I see someone my age (46) with a full head of hair. Women of all ages love bald men. You have to have a certain swag or confidence about yourself.

I couldn't read any further...

- - - Updated - - -

No. Just no.

So you wouldn't give a bald dude a chance. That's effed up, but thanks for your honesty.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, overcoming hairloss can be challenging, but it's definitely doable. I'll be the first to say it sucks, especially when I see someone my age (46) with a full head of hair. Women of all ages love bald men. You have to have a certain swag or confidence about yourself. That's what attracts women. It also doesn't hurt if you are in shape and dress nicely. So instead of feeling sorry for yourself, work on yourself. Get a new wardrobe, get into shape (if you're not already), work on your confidence. Also, grow some facial hair and MAKE SURE ITS TRIMMED AND NEAT AT ALL TIMES! Lastly, buy different colognes. Women LOVE men that smell good. Make sure you don't take a bath in the stuff though. :) Seriously, nothing is worth taking your life or hurting yourself over, especially something that you can't really control. Just make the most of it. There are SOOOO many women out the that don't care if you're bald or have hair down to your @ss. All that matters to them is how you treat them. Those are the ones you want to find and trust me, those are the ones you really want anyway. Good luck man and take care of yourself.

Lemme guess, you're about an NW2 whose hair loss just became noticeable recently. We get these kinds of people on here all the time. It's ALWAYS the people with the most minimal hair loss (the ones whose hair loss is barely noticeable) telling us to spice up our wardrobe, get in shape, have confidence, and not worry about our hair. They've never even been close to being bald themselves so they have no clue what it is like to suffer from extensive, noticeable hair loss.

shookwun

Reaction score
Love the confidence card. Dress trendy, form hobbies. Be a man of value bla bla. None of this matters when trying to get laid. Women will show subtle interest and signs if they're attracted to to you. Only a aspire wouldn't be able to reciprocate on these gestures and signs

Pulling confidence out of thin air equal delusional. Confidence with women is derived from experienced. Sex reinforces attraction which in return makes you more confident.

Achievments and success not thin air delusion

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
Lemme guess, you're about an NW2 whose hair loss just became noticeable recently. We get these kinds of people on here all the time. It's ALWAYS the people with the most minimal hair loss (the ones whose hair loss is barely noticeable) telling us to spice up our wardrobe, get in shape, have confidence, and not worry about our hair. They've never even been close to being bald themselves so they have no clue what it is like to suffer from extensive, noticeable hair loss.

That is true

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
So stating facts and scientific evidence is negative? How so? In fact, what I'm saying is quite positive, as I'm saying that if you're a girl's type, she won't care much about you going bald.

I'm very well thank you. I've just got my masters degree a few days ago, so I think I'm focusing on things that are important. All while working a full time job and taking care of my girlfriend and social life.

And most importantly all while battling with male pattern baldness.

What have you been doing?

Not sure what the arrogance is all about.

ehhh..well

I have a girlfriend. I'm an engineer and film producer. Active social life and play sport....

I've communicated with my girlfriends the feelings I have about losing my hair thats the best you can do, then move forward from it and be the best person you can be, no one likes a sook. I'm not happy about it but at the end of the day I have confidence that the technology will be there in a few years. In the mean time being cynical and sharing negativity isn't going to result in helping other people.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Btw fred
someone used ur pichttp://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/6708-omg-am-i-too-blonde-for-smp/#entry75070

EvilLocks

Reaction score
So you wouldn't give a bald dude a chance. That's effed up, but thanks for your honesty.

I didn't say that. But if I was given the choice between two men, similar in all ways except hair, one NW1 and one bald, of course I'd choose the NW1.
This doesn't mean I wouldn't give a bald man a chance, I have even dated a balding man before.

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
Fred doesn't come across as negative, at least not to me. "Negative" is a word I would more associate with the "**** my life" posts that pop up here periodically, where the poster is looking to vent more than anything and cannot really put the despair into perspective.

His points about positive thinking and cognitive dissonance hit especially home for me. This mode of thinking was an incredibly destructive force throughout my childhood and early adulthood.

Basically, my story is that I was a sensitive and imaginative child who was very easy to bully, and eventually became depressed, anxious and isolated due to rejection from my peers. Over a span of time from my early teens to mid-20s, my hygiene, social skills and general appearance all deteriorated massively as I sought refuge in junk food and video games. I was a joke. In retrospect, I see that I missed out on basically every reason people would usually have to be nostalgic about this period in their life.

Instead of helping me confront these problems, my parents continually encouraged the "positive thinking" line, on the advice of therapists, to alleviate my anxiety: “your peers aren’t rejecting you, you are just too anxiousâ€, “don’t care too much about how you look, that’s not what important when it comes to girls/friendsâ€, “it’s all about your attitude, just keep your chin up and smile†et.c. And like Fred says, what comes out of the thought processes that follow this kind of advice is not real confidence at all. I can tell you first-hand that it is something very different from that.

I have since adopted a pragmatic and skeptical worldview, not much unlike Fred’s, and it has served me extremely well in all regards – I now have a very well-paying job thanks mostly to decisions I have made based on it.

This worldview serves me well because it allows me to better distinguish what should be the case, or what I want to be the case, from what actually is. And through that, I am able to build confidence gradually, since I now sense intuitively that others perceive me the same way I perceive myself.

It shouldn’t be the case that something as purely cosmetic as hair, and the loss thereof, decides a huge part of your worth as a human being in the eyes of others. Yet I and other people here observe, time and time again that it actually does. Everything I have seen shows me that you absolutely cannot will this out of existence through positive thinking. It is real, it is there and has nothing to do with your mindset or attitude.

No, the only thing you can do, other than doing something about the hair loss itself, is to change what you consider an acceptable outcome for yourself. I absolutely refused to do that, am very glad I did, and so should any balding man with a shred of self-respect left.

Sorry for the long rant. I just feel very strongly about this.

Very well spoken, thanks for sharing.

Also Fred, i'm not attacking you by the way. I understand what you are saying I just don't completely agree with the worlds out to get you attitude. I'm not going to pretend i'm happy about the situation because I struggle with it, but I'm not going to sit and point fingers and blame the world.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
I am dr Saurabh.I am from India,i started loosing hair when i was 20 and now at 28,i am in Norwood grade 6/7 category.I proposed two girls and i failed 200 percent.
No one want to take pic of me within a group,no one gives a damn to me,young men tell me uncle,i feel very bad for that.I asked my parents for hair transplant but they don't give me money for that earlier as i was still studying.
When i was doing my Internship,i had to me at least new 500 people every day.they would say me uncle at start,but after a while when there patient were monitored and treated by me,they would be so pleased with me.People used to blessed with their religion gods name that i would be successful forever.i was only few people practicing in my hospital whom people used to bless everyday,i would make me happy and got a reason to be alive again.
I am going for post graduation and even i get opportunity in dermatology,i would not take it,i would go for MS.ortho or medicine not for money but changing lives.

I said to my mom that i would never get a good girl to marry and the one who will marry me will marry me either because i am dr or i am rich.She said to marry the one who will like u,i said what if i didn't get any girl,she said wait n wait and wait,you will get one,i ask what if she is not beautiful,she said make her life beautiful.

i was in Nagpur(India) where i saw a young couple who was not at all good looking but they had the best daughter i ever seen, she was so intelligent and sharp that make me wonder what i in the past saw a meme on 9 gag page of Facebook,where they showed when neither of the couple is beautiful,they will have beautiful kid.

I was so depressed because of baldness but now i will never give it a damn,even if no one marry me,as i already told you earlier i was rejected twice,i held my nature responsible for that,not my looks and try to improve ahead always.

resu

Reaction score
I didn't say that. But if I was given the choice between two men, similar in all ways except hair, one NW1 and one bald, of course I'd choose the NW1.
This doesn't mean I wouldn't give a bald man a chance, I have even dated a balding man before.

Given the option everyone would pick the best partner, that's just human behavior.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Given the option everyone would pick the best partner, that's just human behavior.

Exactly resu, it's just human behavior.

Why is it so hard for some to just understand that men want to be with attractive women and women want to be with attractive men? When it's about attraction, it's about looks, about having a good face, having masculine features if you're male and having feminine features if you're female. And of course everyone who comes on this forum regularly being aware of, having good hair is crucially important. Having a good body is also important, at least in my opinion.

It's biology, and millions of years of evolution, it cannot be cheated.