life seems worthless

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry you all feel this way. I'm here if you need to chat.

I also want to take this moment to say there has been a lot of negativity on the forums lately. I feel it'd be best if all of us put some positivity towards each other rather than cynical attitudes. We're all in this together.

Dragon_Knight

Reaction score
I'm sorry you all feel this way. I'm here if you need to chat.

I also want to take this moment to say there has been a lot of negativity on the forums lately. I feel it'd be best if all of us put some positivity towards each other rather than cynical attitudes. We're all in this together.

It's hard to be positive, because going outside allows us to see all the lucky (and possibly ungrateful) hair-having men. Then we get mad or sad. Everyone loves their hair. It's the one thing we have a choice in when it comes to expressing ourselves or changing our natural bodies in an instant to feel better/different.

Most of us hate our genetics and our hairloss. I'm sure, though, that many of you have aspects you like about yourself. Or at least other aspects you are OK with. Then there's cases where you are not OK with your body, and in fact, you are uncomfortable with your body. If you are the former, there is hope for you. If you are the latter, I wish I could say there is hope, but there's not.

I think we should take our anger to the gym and build ourselves up to make something else to like. We are all angry at others and life, you can't deny it. Think about slamming those lucky and ungrateful hair-having guys in the face with weights every time you lift, if you have to go that far to utilize your anger. So at least if your hairgrowth treatment doesn't work, at least you'll have a killer body. And people notice a fit body, or even chunky+great muscle mass, more than they notice a bald head.

Personally I use my anger to workout, but eventually depression takes over again. I am uncomfortably hairy. It feels like I'm wearing 2-3 layers of clothes when I'm wearing a basic shirt. I have pimples and stubborn blackheads. I have low T. I have depression/anxiety. And I am very unhappy with my situation downstairs (circumcised). So there is no enjoyment to be had with this body. Just plenty of misery that I have to hide so people don't notice how broken I am.

resu

Reaction score
A person wouldn't be killing themselves over hair loss but the consequences of having hair loss, from depression, lack of respect, free for all bald jokes, less options when it comes to the dating life if any, social discrimination, apathy, lack of goals, everyone's first impression of you is that you're a loser or that you have an unhealthy lifestyle or if you're sly and clean shaven is that you have cancer. What's hard about hair loss is that if you're young everyone will say for you to get over it while they know full well the benefits of having hair.

Like it's been said here there's examples of people killing themselves over petty things while hair loss which has the potential to destroy a person's life is seen as something ridiculous.

Misanthrope

Reaction score
I know full well that I will eventually kill myself over hair loss. It robbed me of my youth, and I refuse to be the lonely bald guy in his 30's at the bar. I rather be in the ground.

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
I know full well that I will eventually kill myself over hair loss. It robbed me of my youth, and I refuse to be the lonely bald guy in his 30's at the bar. I rather be in the ground.
A Receding hairline and thinning hair sucks big time and makes the average guy look unattractive and also you lose a part of yourself you look like all the other bald guys with no individuality BUT it isn't worth killing yourself. I know that feeling and it feels awful but I would never get suicidal

Misanthrope

Reaction score
A Receding hairline and thinning hair sucks big time and makes the average guy look unattractive and also you lose a part of yourself you look like all the other bald guys with no individuality BUT it isn't worth killing yourself. I know that feeling and it feels awful but I would never get suicidal

Good for you.

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
Good for you.
What I said is true though, Just think about it, you are not the only one losing your hair, you ain't the first and wont be the last either. How bad is your hair loss ? I am sure you know this "but it could be worse"

Misanthrope

Reaction score
People with very aggressive balding genes (i.e. completely bald before 30) should never have kids. It's ****ing selfish, and you're literally ruining either your future kid/grandkid's life. That's the world we live. Looks matter.

resu

Reaction score
Genes skip generations, my older brother isn't bald at 38 or 39 and he still has that young man drive and motivation, baldness just destroys a person and takes away our drive and well being.

Misanthrope

Reaction score
I'm going to have kids anyway. I want a family, and I don't want to become a lonely old man who tells kids to get off his lawn.
This might be selfish but screw it, as if raising a family was also a privilege for full heads only?!

You're choice. But either 20, 30, or 50 years from now, they'll be one of your offspring on this very same message board complaining. The circle of life, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

baldness just destroys a person and takes away our drive and well being.

Agreed. It's hard to stare at a shiny head in the mirror at a young age, while maintaining the motivation to do anything. It saps you. For some people it only hampers. For others, it's crippling and changes everything.

Chromio

Reaction score
male pattern baldness fvckin blows. I went out last night, was meeting up with a bunch of people. Ended up seeing this girl that I use to hook up with all the time haven't seen her in about a year so I wanted to catch up. Long story short she saw my balding dome, she awkwardly tried to have small talk with me then went right back with the dude she was chilling with. He had a perfect head of hair, not surprised. At this point I just got to fvckin laugh bc it's so crazy how sh!t has changed so much since I started balding.

5amtalk

Reaction score
I'm only eighteen and I already feel the impact of my balding. A girl I went out with actually pointed it out and mocked me for it! Painful but have to learn how to deal with these things I guess.

resu

Reaction score
Because I'm balding I obvious look at couples where the guy is either bald or balding, pretty much the majority of cases these women pick balding guys to start a family, I guess in their minds the bald guy will be less likely to cheat and will give her more attention. They really want the typical family life and that requires emotional security.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
About the first post on this thread by the OP: I would not state hair loss has ruined nor made life seem worthless, though without any doubt it has impacted my life very negatively. You don't have the same 'complete' feeling with one's self having scalp hair loss.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Let me put it simple
Before noticing my hairloss, although not entirely happy with everything thats happened in my life, when I look back to the last 5 year, I've experienced tons of sit that most people wll never ever experience. So I've done heaps
After noticing my hairloss; obsessed about it, depressed about it, constantly thinking about what i can do about it, hate looking at myself in the mirror or reflections
50 shades of ****ed up

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Life with hair loss IS worthless.

Let me just say that I have been balding since about 18 and am now a NW3 at 22, and there isn't a day goes by that I don't think about my hair loss or how inconceivably better my life would be without it. But no matter how much it has ruined my life, it does not make it worthless.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
You don't go from having the confidence to approach girls like that to becoming what you are now in 6 months. Please stop lying. Nobody believes you. Haven't you noticed that whenever you post how great you used to be, or how you used to bang nothing but 10's, or that you used to be the life of the party, that nobody ever responds to you? WE ARE ALL ROLLING OUR EYES EVERY TIME WE READ THAT **** FROM YOU. If you were that awesome back then, you would still be that awesome now even with a NW2. You still have a full head of hair and most would not even notice your hair loss. You could easily still enjoy that life now with the small amount of hair loss that you do have. To be the type of guy you describe yourself as a few months ago you need a certain personality type, which based on what I read here you definitely do not have.

I don't use drugs but if I did I would ask where you get your **** from. It seems like some really good stuff.