Lactoferrin As A Promoter Of Hair Growth

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update:

Still using LF on my temples, sometimes I miss a day Or two. A-KG is a no for me as it made me shed big time. Had to slow down on the gelatin. It works great for hair quality & gut, but also overstimulates bowel .

For the past 6 weeks my hairloss is at it a minimum, about 20-50 hairs daily. No more bird nests after showering. In september my doctor recommended adding vitamin K2 (MK7) with my vitamin D. I take vitamin D year round.

Don't know if K2 helps with shedding? Or it's a coincidence and I'm experiencing a "rest phase"?
"Vitamin K2 plays an indirect yet very important role in the health of your hair and nails. How? By making your calcium do what it’s supposed to do. Go where it’s supposed to go. Vitamin K2 essentially tells calcium what to do, and it knows what it’s talking about.

Often times, part of the cause of hair loss is what’s called calcification of the skull. Calcification is when calcium deposits basically begin to fill the bone structure of the skull thus blocking the blood flow. Put that with how you get all the minerals and nutrients for hair growth and you have a problem."

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:
First Picture is from today.
Last picture is from middle of June. What do you all think??

Attachments

• FE785BD5-C174-48B6-8184-AA85207581A3.jpeg
    FE785BD5-C174-48B6-8184-AA85207581A3.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 445
  • C6BAFBC9-D6E5-4EF9-B5E8-F916A2704BB7.jpeg
    C6BAFBC9-D6E5-4EF9-B5E8-F916A2704BB7.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 490

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
To me the right picture looks better (the one labeled C6BAFBC9). The hair quality seems better on that one. Is that your 'before' pic?

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys dont even have severe balding and are rotting here every day....
I don’t have severe balding yet. I’m not rotting in here I maybe check this forum once a week or so? Sometimes more often but tend to stay away. I’ll probably only come here to post updates on lactoferrin and that’s it. After follica news and CB for acne coming soon I’m a little more confident in my hair loss so I’ll be here less often.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks the same to me. But no change is good change - but also probs not doing anything major.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:
First Picture is from today.
Last picture is from middle of June. What do you all think??

It's easier to compare if you take close up pics of the temples and hairline and to do a side by side comparison. For now I dont see much change.

Sorry if I missed it before, but what is your goal: regrowth, filling up your temples of halting hairloss?

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I have an update! So I’ve been doing lactoferrin 2xday still. I’ve also added Nizoral 1xweek (need to change my regimen it was never 2xweek) Microneedling with 0.25mm roller 1x week and 10 minutes of scalp massage a day. I mix it up and massage my whole head with finger tips, pinching pulling around the hairline, using a $5 scalp massager and leaning over my bed to get a lot of blood flow to the scalp and massage in that position. Anyways all those things I’ve added happened about 2 months ago minus lactoferrin. First picture is from May 3 2019 Other picture is from Feb 3 2020.
Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

• F0BC73D3-A315-493C-BFCF-EBFC2EE92047.jpeg
    F0BC73D3-A315-493C-BFCF-EBFC2EE92047.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 614
  • 5ACA43B1-BF44-4522-85B4-71D08D30EB47.jpeg
    5ACA43B1-BF44-4522-85B4-71D08D30EB47.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 610

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I have an update! So I’ve been doing lactoferrin 2xday still. I’ve also added Nizoral 1xweek (need to change my regimen it was never 2xweek) Microneedling with 0.25mm roller 1x week and 10 minutes of scalp massage a day. I mix it up and massage my whole head with finger tips, pinching pulling around the hairline, using a $5 scalp massager and leaning over my bed to get a lot of blood flow to the scalp and massage in that position. Anyways all those things I’ve added happened about 2 months ago minus lactoferrin. First picture is from May 3 2019 Other picture is from Feb 3 2020.
Gotta take better photos.

for example on my regimen i documented my progress here. See its clear we can see progress. No way to really to tell from your shots

Attachments

• 61569578-50E6-4730-9180-AC9545B4ABAA.jpeg
    61569578-50E6-4730-9180-AC9545B4ABAA.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 666

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I see you have a few spots on your right erge. Maybe you can try to circle the spots on both pics so we can compare the pics (and see if you have new hairs?).

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
still on cetirizine?

yep, I think I am like more than 2 years on topical cetrizine.
I suspended in January because I was curious about its importance
guess what? massive shedding of thick hair after weeks.
Even donor areas were affected!! So, I think in conclussion that
in the same way as Sandalore, Cetirizine is good for prolonging anagen and
stabilize the hair cycle and protects you from telogen effluvium.
But IT WILL NOT STOP HAIR LOSS FROM Androgenetic Alopecia.
I will continue using it for ever since apart from Androgenetic Alopecia I also suffer from severe telogen effluvium.

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will continue using it for ever since apart from Androgenetic Alopecia I also suffer from severe telogen effluvium.
You're not a male with hair loss? You have other hair loss symptoms. Are you still using dutasteride?

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great, if you don't use drugs, like oral finasteride or dulcetin, you're improving! Tell me if you use any other drugs?

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gotta take better photos.

for example on my regimen i documented my progress here. See its clear we can see progress. No way to really to tell from your shots
What did you use?

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My update to this is that I'm gonna go on finasteride. My shed has remained consistently low since my initial shed, but I believe I'm seeing further miniaturization of my frontal hairline. I do see some small vellus hairs in front of my hairline, but the smart money says that was just the remnants of my previous hairline. I'm gonna continue with the lactoferrin and a-kg while on finasteride, but I would regret not giving the most proven hairloss treatment a shot. Good luck to everyone in this thread, I'll still be keeping an eye on it.
How about now?