Lactoferrin As A Promoter Of Hair Growth

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
good luck with that! let us know how it works in combination

my yesterdays shed was crazy, hope it is going to stop soon. but i heard to most minoxidil users also shed in the first weeks and then regrowth kicks in. hope to see some results soon

I hope you will see regrowth, would be awesome if this DIY topical really does something. What does shedding mean to you? Is it like a handful of long hairs if you stroke through your hair??

Also, do you have the feeling that the topical is properly absorbed by your skin? For me, even after filtering the lactoferrin solution I still have some residu left on my scalp after a few hours.

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
when i massage my hair with a wooden comb for 2 minutes, i can see around 50-60 hair in the sink. i would say that 80% of these hair are thin and short and the remaining 20% are thick, terminal hair that i actually don't want to lose.

well, afaik it the solution is not absorbed by the skin but by the hair shaft.

Ah I see, so when you apply the topical you apply it more on the hair than trying to apply it to scalp skin directly? Also, I assume you have a (distilled) water based solution as well?

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
good luck with that! let us know how it works in combination

my yesterdays shed was crazy, hope it is going to stop soon. but i heard to most minoxidil users also shed in the first weeks and then regrowth kicks in. hope to see some results soon

It makes sense to have a shed with a growth stimulant as it pushes hair into anagen, right? I shed long, thick hairs with a bulb. I remind myself I would have shed these hairs within three months anyway, so better to have it now and have new hairs coming in.

I haven't noticed any inflammation or itch when losing hair. In my previous sheds my scalp would burn and itch, like my follicles were on fire. I have found pics from december 2018, before any treatments Z( gelatin and Lactoferrin). Had the worst shed ever, lost so much hair and was in constant pain. That was my lowest point: my temples and hairline were awful. This shed feels different. I lose hair, but I don't feel like something is attacking my follicles.

Hope you guys experience results soon!

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thick hairs with a bulb are telogen hairs, right? i haven't posted these pics yet. This was me after a year of dreadful shedding and before using Zix (december 2018).
Much improvement from Zix since then, but a big boost from Lactoferrin in the temples and hairline.
IMG_20190608_195628.png IMG_20190608_195703.png
Screenshot_20190423-083842~3.png

I hope I will never go back to this again...

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Thick hairs with a bulb are telogen hairs, right? i haven't posted these pics yet. This was me after a year of dreadful shedding and before using Zix (december 2018).
Much improvement from Zix since then, but a big boost from Lactoferrin in the temples and hairline.
View attachment 120986 View attachment 120987
View attachment 120988

Nice recovery. Although I have to say are you sure you had Androgenetic Alopecia? Womens pattern usually starts from the middle of the head.

Btw am I being too lazy if I ask you for updated ratio for lactoferring mixture? :D

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 120986 View attachment 120987
View attachment 120988

Can you show the side of ur temples now for reference?

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i noticed that the pores on my scalp are much more "open" (aka visible) than they were before, especially on the temples (or basically everywhere i apply the solution). any similar observations?
My pores are visible naturally, so can't say they are more open now
Nice recovery. Although I have to say are you sure you had Androgenetic Alopecia? Womens pattern usually starts from the middle of the head.

Btw am I being too lazy if I ask you for updated ratio for lactoferring mixture? :D

Middle part is thinning as well, but my hairline and temples are worse. My mom had thin hair, dad was bald and brothers are bald (horse shoe). Quitting birth control was the trigger to offset shedding long/short hairs. I lost 60% density in the last two years.

Current batch is 4x400 mg and 40 ml of distilled water. After filtering I add a bit of water. It's still trial and error, but I don't mind testing it.

Last edited:

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
in the end it doesn't even matter if MrsS has androgentic alopecia. It's a hairloss forum, regardless of the underlying issue. happy she found something that helps in her specific case :)
You are absolutely right.
I worded this rather aggressively, trying to force my opinion as diagnosis of @MrsS.
@MrsS I apologize. You of all people should of course know what kind of hair loss problems you are experiencing.
I was actually trying to gauge if this would have the desired effect for male Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers.
Thank you for the info MrsS!! Nice progress I am glad for you.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are absolutely right.
I worded this rather aggressively, trying to force my opinion as diagnosis of @MrsS.
@MrsS I apologize. You of all people should of course know what kind of hair loss problems you are experiencing.
I was actually trying to gauge if this would have the desired effect for male Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers.
Thank you for the info MrsS!! Nice progress I am glad for you.

No worries at all ✌️ I look forward to see the outcome of this experiment and read about your experiences. Hopefully we're on to something!

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Guy answers emails, so write him:

"Thanks for your interest in lactoferrin. We are indeed developing related products for Androgenetic Alopecia. Hopefully we can see good results soon."

Just asked him what he means by soon.
I would definitely like to know that. Especially the release date for the product.

pimpsmacker

My Regimen
Reaction score
trying this + microneedling. Bought the life extensions version for now.

do i apply it right after microneedling?

Saulo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has any of you guys tried ingesting it?
Does that have any effect?
(Sorry if there is something about it back in this thread, I'm just getting crazy debating which protocol to follow...)

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just had a quick thought regarding the shedding that me and a few others are reporting. I've read here that hairs shed more when hot and less when it's cold. It's only just gotten warm where I am over the past 2 weeks, which is just before I started to shed more. Not saying that the shedding isn't a result of the lactoferrin, but keep in mind that this could be another factor as well.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what's the theory behind that?
any updates on your side?
Idk about any theory on it, just like animals shed more in the summer and less in the winter to regulate their temperature, it makes sense that humans would too. I haven't noticed any difference in my hair except for that it's more dry from the residue from the solution. I may try upping the amount of water to see if i can get the lactoferrin to fully dissolve.