Lactoferrin As A Promoter Of Hair Growth

Guts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve started using lactoferrin today after dermarolling. 2 300mg capsules + a small amount of tap water. Don’t feel any irritation on my scalp or anything, gives the hair an almost chalky smooth kind of feel. Let’s hope for some results.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
reporting a period of shed over the last two days.. not sure if good or bad

Me too. Washing my hair today was a bit disturbing, I lost over 300 hairs (long and thick hairs). However, i was shedding before starting the treatment so can't really conclude anything...

Despite the shedding my hairline has improved so much over the past 3,5 weeks. Even with wet hair I can see improvement. I notice my scalp feels healthier and not greasy anymore.Now I need to get this shedding under control.

Last edited:

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This will be the last update with pics for now. I see (and feel) a lot of improvement. I want to focus on getting the shedding under control. Look forward to the progress of others xx
IMG_20190607_172423.png IMG_20190607_180945.png

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This will be the last update with pics for now. I see (and feel) a lot of improvement. I want to focus on getting the shedding under control. Look forward to the progress of others xx
View attachment 120765 View attachment 120766
Wow your hairline does seem to look better already. What's your process and dosage? I'm going through a shed as well so it's interesting that all of you are too. I haven't seen any improvement thus far but hopefully my hairline thickens up as well.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow your hairline does seem to look better already. What's your process and dosage? I'm going through a shed as well so it's interesting that all of you are too. I haven't seen any improvement thus far but hopefully my hairline thickens up as well.

I think the progress is a combo of lactoferrin (2 x daily 1,5 ml) and gelatin (daily 9 grams in yoghurt) in my regimen for the past 3 weeks.

I've had periods of severe shedding and regrowth, this time is different in a positive way. I'm shedding all over the place, but my hair and scalp feel good.

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wrote an email to the researchers of the study posted in this thread, asking about the solubility and the researcher's thoughts about the best possible carrier for human treatment, here is his short and not very explicit response:

"Thank you very much for your interest in our paper. In fact, the solubility of lactoferrin is much higher than 10 mg/mL. Under very high concentration such as you mentioned, we did see some precipitations. With respect to alopecia treatment, we are trying to improve its skin penetration ability by using lactoferrin-derived peptides. Among which, some have been patented by my team. Thus, we expect lower concentrations could be sufficient for alopecia treatment."

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wrote an email to the researchers of the study posted in this thread, asking about the solubility and the researcher's thoughts about the best possible carrier for human treatment, here is his short and not very explicit response:

"Thank you very much for your interest in our paper. In fact, the solubility of lactoferrin is much higher than 10 mg/mL. Under very high concentration such as you mentioned, we did see some precipitations. With respect to alopecia treatment, we are trying to improve its skin penetration ability by using lactoferrin-derived peptides. Among which, some have been patented by my team. Thus, we expect lower concentrations could be sufficient for alopecia treatment."

Maybe they will release a product in the near future! This is great news

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Jochem! Did you ask them about the possibility of having a product soon? What do you think? Is it possible to have a new hairloss product in the near time?

It would be great if you share that email so we can ask them.

Last edited:

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @Jochem! Did you ask them about the possibility of having a product soon? What do you think? Is it possible to have a new hairloss product in the near time?

It would be great if you share that email so we can ask them.
It’s really not that hard to make, why don’t you give it a try? Lactoferrin isn’t known to be harmful, and you can buy it from legit sources. I’m waiting for mine to be delivered.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 120765 View attachment 120766
These pictures mean nothing. Shampoo could easily make his hair appear thicker. Not to mention no way he got new hair that is that long in a month. But hey if u think it’s helping u. Do u

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These pictures mean nothing. Shampoo could easily make his hair appear thicker. Not to mention no way he got new hair that is that long in a month. But hey if u think it’s helping u. Do u

Why would I do that? I'm a woman and as I said before, a fast responder. Age, gender, etnicity, diet and supplements impact the speed of growth. I also said i take gelatin.. However I still lose hair, so overall density doesn't appear thicker.

And yes, "imma do me" ;) cheers!

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would I do that? I'm a woman and as I said before, a fast responder. Age, gender, etnicity, diet and supplements impact the speed of growth. I also said i take gelatin.. However I still lose hair, so overall density doesn't appear thicker.

And yes, "imma do me" ;) cheers!

Don't mind. This place has really gone downhill in recent years, the quality of the posters and posts is dreadful, it's why I hardly come here. This study got me interested again.

Are you applying once or twice a day (Not sure if you mentioned this before) ?

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't mind. This place has really gone downhill in recent years, the quality of the posters and posts is dreadful, it's why I hardly come here. This study got me interested again.

Are you applying once or twice a day (Not sure if you mentioned this before) ?

Yes :) I apply twice a day, about 1,5 ml per application. I'm experimenting with the right dosage lactoferrin and amount of water.

Edited: pic from dec

Last edited:

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the topical ingredients of this ? water, alcool and pg ? and where do you guys buy lactoferrin online

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MrsS are you still on zix? if no, why did you drop it?
I didn't use it in the past three weeks.Twice daily two lotions was a bit of a hassle honestly (I have long hair). I'm going back on Zix and keep using Lactoferrin. See if they go well together for maintenance and regrowth.

If someone has halted shedding, please send me a message, thank you!