Lactoferrin As A Promoter Of Hair Growth

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started using too. I put 3 capsules (900 mg) of LEF apolactoferrin in 75 ml of distilled water.
Put it into a magnetic stirrer and gave it a good whirr to mix all the contents together.
Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours for the cellulose and other undissolvable crap to sink to the bottom.
Poured out the top 50 ml into another container and threw the remaining 15 ml with the filler crud.
Let it sit in fridge overnight and the next morning I filtered it through coffee filters to get the last bit of stuff out and got around 45 mL worth of usable solution. It comes out as kind of sand/brick-colored (orange/reddish).

Applied twice so far.

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started using too. I put 3 capsules (900 mg) of LEF apolactoferrin in 75 ml of distilled water.
Put it into a magnetic stirrer and gave it a good whirr to mix all the contents together.
Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours for the cellulose and other undissolvable crap to sink to the bottom.
Poured out the top 50 ml into another container and threw the remaining 15 ml with the filler crud.
Let it sit in fridge overnight and the next morning I filtered it through coffee filters to get the last bit of stuff out and got around 45 mL worth of usable solution. It comes out as kind of sand/brick-colored (orange/reddish).

Applied twice so far.

Ok, and did you feel any tingling or something ?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
are you using 1 ml per application?
what do you think about the shelf life of your solution?

No, I'm covering my entire head so ~3 mL.
I'm not sure, I am thinking of putting in the fridge, it shouldn't be more than 1-week batch. I don't know if it will go bad, if it does (and I'm not sure how I will know) I will consider adding trehalose or something else to preserve it.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you think LF could be mixed with DMSO without altering its properties ?
We dont know how much dmso can LF tolerate.
The question is why? When it's already established that water alone is a decent vehicle

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 1 vs day 14.
Screenshot_20190527-175445~2.png IMG_20190527_180318.png

IMG_20190527_180348.png IMG_20190527_180646.png
It definitely makes my hair grow faster. A little bit of regrowth at the left temple.

I'll continue using it. Need to figure out how to make the lotion less "sticky". It's impossible to style my hair.

Off topic: I am still losing lots of hair daily because of CTE so the density isn't really improving.

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I'm currently using this product topically every evening :
https://www.yummymummyemporium.org/store/p779/hair_regrowth_spray_natural.html

It has reduced my hair loss, and I was thinking of mixing LF with this brew...
Just wondering if this is a good idea or not..
Any idea ?
Thats a good question. It would have to be tested in a lab. Thats exactly that companies do in order to develop a formula

What I would to is to apply aqueous in the mornings and alcoholic in the nights

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know which brands are normal lactoferrin, not apolactoferrin? Im currently using apolactoferrin, but it seems that the research was done on standard lactoferrin so ill be switching over once my bottle is done. I've been dermarolling alongside topical applications as well as taking 300mg/day orally, so if anyone is gonna get sides it's me. I havent noticed any effects good or bad thus far, and i plan on sticking with this regimen at least until the Celino product comes out.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know which brands are normal lactoferrin, not apolactoferrin? Im currently using apolactoferrin, but it seems that the research was done on standard lactoferrin so ill be switching over once my bottle is done. I've been dermarolling alongside topical applications as well as taking 300mg/day orally, so if anyone is gonna get sides it's me. I havent noticed any effects good or bad thus far, and i plan on sticking with this regimen at least until the Celino product comes out.
When does celino come out?

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when did you start your current regimen?

i have been taking bovine lactoferrin topically for almost two weeks now and i have recently noticed lots of small velus hair on my temples
Its been about 2 weeks for me too. What brand are you using and what procees? Im filtering mine through a coffee strainer and applying 150mg a day.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score